Pretty dang good
October 6, 2017
I bought this BMW for about 39,000 before tax, and sticker was 48,000. I added on a clear bra and leather protectant for another 1,500.
1. Great handling, fun as heck to drive
2. Pretty quiet at freeway speeds
3. Great highway gas mileage (33-37)
4. Great transmission, makes the car faster than it would be with the previous 6-speed auto
5. Great reliability - warranty / maintenance package
1. Terrible exhaust
2. Bumpy as heck (getting non-run flat tires hopefully that helps)
3. Steering feel is numb, even in sports mode
4. Cheap-ish plastics inside
5. Steering wheel is terribly cheap (should have gotten M-sport instead of Sport line)
6. Backseat is terrible (what do you expect though?)
7. Rattles everywhere: Windows against the top, the dash, soft top makes creaking noises over bumps, etc.
Overall, buy the M235i. It will get about the same gas mileage, is way more fun to drive as the 228i should be a tad bit faster for true enjoyment and linear acceleration, and comes standard with the variable steering and adaptive M-sport suspension.