BMW reliability is APPALLING
November 11, 2018
I have never experienced anything as bad as BMW reliability. My 7 series which I just dumped was appalling. Yes I kept it for 7 years. But the problems at 45,000 - 71,000 are astonishing:
- 6 times in the shop for oil leaks (35,000 miles)
- coolant leaks (40,000 miles)
- trim parts falling off car (10,000 mi)
- air conditioner fan fails - cost $1,000 to replace (55,000 mi)
- valve leaks (60,000 mi)
- structural problems: a bushing has to be replaced at 60,000 (xxx??). A stabilizer arm had to be replaced too (how are things wearing out already atnjust 60,000????)
- o2 sensor issues (65,000 mi)
- fuel injector issues (65,000 mi)
- radiator leaks (50,000 mi)
- motorized trunk lid starting to fail (60,000 mi)
- catastrophic transmission failure (71,000)
Even the rear motorized sunshade failed twice.
Basically a $115,000 car at 71,000 was worth less than the repair cost. So ?totaled? due to incompetent design. The company cannot design a reliable vehicle. Design life is 4 years.
Sure, beautiful styling, interior, great power. But come on!
NO MORE BMWs FOR ME