Built on a legacy of captivating performance, the 2020 Dodge Challenger continues to expand the limits of muscle-car power.
The 2020 Challenger maintains its iconic styling that merges old-school roots with a modern build, making it a sight to behold when it utilizes its under-the-hood strength. This is especially true on the SRT® Hellcat Redeye, which can be equipped with a supercharged 6.2-liter high-output Hemi® V-8 engine that unleashes 797 horsepower. But any available Dodge Challenger engine can satisfy your need for speed.
The 2020 Challenger Has 5 Available Engine Options
Depending on how much strength and speed you crave, you’re sure to find a 2020 Dodge Challenger that satisfies the thrill seeker in you. Here’s how each engine stacks up:
- 3.6-liter Pentastar® V-6: This is the Challenger’s standard engine that has up to 303 hp, generates 268 pounds-feet of torque and comes with a TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission.
- 5.7-liter Hemi® V-8: Standard on the R/T trim, this engine takes the Challenger’s ability a step further by providing up to 375 hp and 410 pounds-feet of torque.
- 392 Hemi® V-8: The 392 comes standard on the R/T Scat Pack trim and delivers best-in-class1 (under $40,000) 485 hp and 475 pounds-feet of torque.
- Supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi® V-8: Standard on the Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat, this engine produces a whopping 717 hp and 650 pounds-feet of torque.
- Supercharged high-output 6.2-liter Hemi® V-8: As mentioned above, this engine takes the 2020 Challenger to peak performance levels with up to 797 horsepower and 707 pounds-feet of torque, and it’s mated exclusively to a TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
Regardless of which 2020 Challenger engine option best aligns with your needs and desires, the competitive muscle-car options pale in comparison to Dodge.