Built on a legacy of captivating performance, the 2020 Dodge Challenger continues to expand the limits of muscle-car power.
The 2020 Challenger maintains its iconic styling that merges old-school roots with a modern build, making it a sight to behold when it utilizes its under-the-hood strength. This is especially true on the SRT® Hellcat Redeye, which can be equipped with a supercharged 6.2-liter high-output Hemi® V-8 engine that unleashes 797 horsepower. But any available Dodge Challenger engine can satisfy your need for speed.
The 2020 Challenger Has 5 Available Engine Options
Depending on how much strength and speed you crave, you’re sure to find a 2020 Dodge Challenger that satisfies the thrill seeker in you. Here’s how each engine stacks up:
- 3.6-liter Pentastar® V-6: This is the Challenger’s standard engine that has up to 303 hp, generates 268 pounds-feet of torque and comes with a TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission.
- 5.7-liter Hemi® V-8: Standard on the R/T trim, this engine takes the Challenger’s ability a step further by providing up to 375 hp and 410 pounds-feet of torque.
- 392 Hemi® V-8: The 392 comes standard on the R/T Scat Pack trim and delivers best-in-class1 (under $40,000) 485 hp and 475 pounds-feet of torque.
- Supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi® V-8: Standard on the Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat, this engine produces a whopping 717 hp and 650 pounds-feet of torque.
- Supercharged high-output 6.2-liter Hemi® V-8: As mentioned above, this engine takes the 2020 Challenger to peak performance levels with up to 797 horsepower and 707 pounds-feet of torque, and it’s mated exclusively to a TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
Regardless of which 2020 Challenger engine option best aligns with your needs and desires, the competitive muscle-car options pale in comparison to Dodge.
Technology Enhances High Performance on the 2020 Challenger
The 2020 Dodge Challenger also adds innovative technology to help you get the most out of its powerful drivetrain. Here are some of the features that maximize your control over performance:
- Dodge Performance Pages: The available Performance Pages feature lets you customize settings for the engine, transmission, steering and throttle response, as well as live performance information such as horsepower, G-forces and performance timers.
- SRT Drive Modes: The available SRT Drive Modes allow the driver to customize the feel of the steering, transmission shifts and suspension firmness, or choose from three different drive modes: Street, Sport and Track.
- Three-mode electronic stability control: This available option allows you to choose between three settings: Full On, Full Off or Partial Off. Each adjust your amount of handling control.
- Mounted paddle shifters: Available with the TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission, the steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters provide adjustable shift points through the various drive modes.
Beyond these controllable features, the 2020 Challenger also offers class-exclusive1 available all-wheel drive on its SXT and GT models to improve traction and handling in harsh weather conditions, especially throughout the upcoming winter months.
Find a Dodge Dealership Near You Today
1Based on the FCA US LLC Muscle Car Subsegment.