CARS.COM — Vehicles affected by service bulletin:
- 2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI with 2.0-liter diesel engine
- 2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 TDI with 3.0-liter diesel engine
- 2010 Volkswagen Touareg TDI with 3.0-liter diesel engine
- 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI with 3.0-liter diesel engine
- 2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI with 3.0L-liter diesel engine
The problem: Affected vehicles may exhibit a no-start or rough-running condition. Additionally, owners may note a lit check-engine light on the dash. This could be due to a faulty high-pressure fuel pump that’s contaminated the rest of the high-pressure fuel system.
Corrective action: Dealers will clean the fuel system and replace all major fuel system components.
Warranty info: This repair is being done under Volkswagen’s limited new-vehicle or extended warranty, whichever is applicable.
What owners should do: Call your local dealer with your vehicle’s identification number to determine if it’s involved in this service bulletin. You can also call Volkswagen at 800-822-8987 or NHTSA at 888-327-4236. Reference TSB No. 2315-07.
Need to find a dealer for service? Go to Cars.com Service & Repair to find a local dealer.
Editor’s note: This is only one of dozens of service bulletins issued each month by automakers. Please check your automaker’s website to see if your vehicle has any service bulletins pending.
Check for recalls here on Cars.com.