Summer is one of the best times of the year to shop for a great deal on a new car, and that window usually lasts until Labor Day. Most manufacturers are trying to offload their previous model-year inventory in preparation for the next model-year units that are headed to dealer lots. And unlike autumn, when inventory levels of 2010 models may be low, many 2010s are still available.
To help you sort through the best deals, we’ve compiled a list of 10 of the best remaining cash and loan incentives.
When we refer to cash-back incentives, these are manufacturer incentives, which are a form of regularly advertised offers. Dealer incentives are bit more tricky to understand: Known as factory-to-dealer incentives, this is a type of stimulus given directly to dealers to move vehicles. These incentives typically aren’t advertised to the consumer, and dealerships aren’t obligated to share the incentive with the car buyer, so that’s why it’s important to do your research.
Some models on this list, such as the 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee, have been recently redesigned or received significant upgrades for 2011. Other models are just poor sellers in general, such as the 2010 Chevy HHR and 2010 Infiniti FX35.
Not all automakers switch to a new model year at the same time. For example, the Toyota Camry made the switch to 2011 in March.
Continue reading for the complete list.
- 2010 Grand Cherokee: $5,500 cash back ($1,500 dealer incentive) or 0% APR (up to 72 months) plus $1,000 cash back
- 2010 Chevrolet HHR: $4,000 cash back (up to $5,000 dealer incentive) or 0% APR (up to 60 months)
- 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt, Malibu: $3,000 cash back (up to $5,000 dealer incentive) or 0% APR (up to 60 months)
- 2010 Chevrolet Impala: $4,000 cash back (up to $5,000 dealer incentive) or 0% APR (up to 72 months)
- 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid: $4,500 cash back or 0% APR (up to 60 months)
- 2010 BMW 650i: $12,500 dealer incentive and 0.9% APR (up to 72 months)
- 2010 BMW 5 Series (includes M5): $4,500-$7,000 dealer incentive and 0.9% APR (up to 60 months)
- 2010 Infiniti FX35, FX50: $4,000-$7,000 dealer incentive, 0.9% APR (up to 60 months)
- 2010 Lincoln Navigator: $3,500 cash back ($6,000 dealer incentive) or 0% APR plus $1,000 cash back for 36 months
- 2010 Volvo XC70: $2,000-$5,000 dealer incentive and 0% APR 72 months