The 2011 Patriot comes with front- or four-wheel drive in Sport X, Latitude and Latitude X trim levels. Last year’s Limited apparently has been dropped for Latitude X.
The Patriot gets a redesigned grille, integrated fog lamps and new front and rear bumpers that extend lower. The interior gets Jeep’s new steering wheel, and cruise control is now standard on all models. Side curtain airbags and an electronic stability program are now standard as well.
The Patriot is available with a 158-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder or a 172-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder mated either to a five-speed manual or a continuously variable automatic transmission.
The Sport X model comes with the 2.0-liter engine, manual transmission, 16-inch wheels, cruise control and a USB port. Air conditioning, powered controls (windows, locks and mirrors), keyless entry, side-mounted front-seat airbags and an automatic transmission cost extra and boost the price of the Jeep closer to the base 2011 Kia Sportage and 2011 Hyundai Tucson.
The Latitude trim starts at $19,695 and adds the 2.4-liter four-cylinder, 17-inch aluminum wheels, heated front seats, 60/40-split folding rear seats, heated mirrors, keyless entry, air conditioning, powered controls and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with stereo controls.
Front side-impact airbags still aren’t standard on this trim; they’re part of a $750 security and convenience package. That strikes us as odd, considering almost all competitors offer six airbags standard.
The top-of-the-line Latitude X trim starts at $22,195 and adds leather upholstery, a fold-flat front-passenger seat, rear window defroster, security system and automatic climate control. On that trim, a navigation unit is a relatively cheap $685 option. Overall, a fully loaded Latitude X goes for $29,095.
Chrysler is already offering $1,000 cash back on the new 2011 Patriot, and the model is already on sale. For more pricing info, continue reading below.
2011 Jeep Patriot pricing (2010 pricing)
- Sport X: $15,995 ($15,365)
- Latitude: $19,695 ($20,365)
- Latitude X: $22,195 ($22,800)
- Destination: $700 ($630)
- Automatic transmission: $1,100 (same)
- Automatic transmission with Off-Road Crawl Ratio (4X4 only): $1,050 (same)
- Four-wheel drive: $1,700 ($1,500)
- Air conditioning: $895 (same)
- Power windows, locks, mirrors: $1,405 (N/A)
- 6.5-inch touch-screen and 30-gigabyte hard drive: $640 ($650)
- Navigation system (Latitude X only): $685 ($890)
- Sunroof and nine-speaker stereo: $1,295 (same)
- Front side-impact airbags: $250 (same)
- Freedom Drive (four-wheel-drive Off-Road Mode, fuel tank skid plate shield, hill descent control, hill start assist, Goodyear all-season tires, transmission/engine oil pan skid plate, full-size spare): $1,050 ($1,125)
*Some options are standard or not available depending on trim. Prices vary depending on trim content.