2013 Chevrolet Spark Starts at $12,200
By Jennifer Geiger
on April 5, 2012
Although it's been on sale overseas since 2008, GM's tiny Spark will hit U.S. dealerships later this year with a less-than-tiny base price. Chevrolet's new-for-2013 Spark will start at $12,200. It may sound like a bargain, but Chevy's bigger Sonic starts only slightly higher at $13,865, though the Spark has standard power windows and the Sonic doesn't.
The subcompact four-door hatchback slots below the Sonic in Chevy's lineup. Power comes from a small 85-horsepower, 1.2-liter four-cylinder engine. A five-speed manual is standard; a four-speed automatic is available for $925, Chevy says.
Three trim levels will be offered: base LS, 1LT and 2LT.
Full pricing from Chevy is below:
Spark LS starts at $12,200 and includes:
- Standard 1.2-liter Ecotec engine and five-speed manual transmission
- Standard convenience features including air conditioning, power windows, rear window wiper, auxiliary input jack, outside temperature display and trip computer
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- 60/40-split folding rear seat
- Comprehensive safety package including 10 airbags, electronic stability control with traction control and brake assist
- OnStar Directions & Connections plan standard with six-month introductory subscription
Spark 1LT starts at $13,700 and adds:
- Standard 7-inch color touch-screen radio with Chevrolet MyLink, Bluetooth connectivity for select phones, steering-wheel audio controls, USB port and Sirius XM Radio with three-month trial subscription
- Other standard convenience features include power door locks with keyless entry, theft deterrent system, outside power mirrors, floormats, visor mirrors and cruise control
Spark 2LT starts at $15,000 and adds:
- Unique 15-inch alloy wheels
- Fog lamps
- Exterior appearance enhancements including silver painted roof rails; chrome liftgate handle, exhaust outlet and belt line molding; body-colored lower rocker molding; front and rear body-colored sport fascias with unique front upper and lower grille inserts
- Leatherette seats, heated front seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel
All prices exclude a $795 destination fee. Five colors will be available: Salsa, Jalapeno, Denim, Lemonade and Techno Pink.
Assistant Managing Editor Jennifer Geiger is a reviewer, car-seat technician and mom of three. She wears a lot of hats, many of them while driving a minivan. Email Jennifer