For 2013, Toyota’s compact sedan gets a new grille and more chrome trim outside. Despite its modest dimensions, the Corolla’s backseat was roomy enough to hold two child-safety seats in comfort. The sedan’s accessible Latch anchor and flat seat bottom cushion made installation a breeze.
How many car seats fit in the second row?
What We Like
- The Latch anchors, which are only a little recessed in the seat bight, are easy to access. They’re not exposed but not buried too deeply either.
- The three tethers on the rear shelf were easy to find and use.
- The seat cushion is flat, and the seat belt buckles are on stable bases — both good news for booster seats.
- The rear-facing convertible had enough room; there was no need to move the front passenger seat forward to accommodate it.
What We Don’t
- There wasn’t a ton of room for the rear-facing infant seat. The front passenger’s seat had to be moved forward and the tester’s knees were resting against the glove box.