The 2013 Hyundai Azera is a full-size sedan that can seat five passengers, but when it comes to child-safety seats, it — like many cars — can hold only two of them. The backseat has lots of legroom, which allowed for easy installation of our rear-facing child-safety seats.How many car seats fit in the second row? Two
What We Like
- Both the rear-facing infant and convertible seats had plenty of space in the backseat.
- The Azera's seat bolsters held the booster seat in place.
- The three tether anchors on the rear shelf are easy to access and use.
What We Don't
- Stiff leather seat cushions blocked access to the two sets of lower Latch anchors, which are buried about an inch into the seat cushions. The seat belt buckles also block access to the anchors.
- The seat belt buckles are floppy and fell behind the booster seat, making it difficult for kids to buckle up independently.
A: Plenty of room for the car seat and the child; doesn't impact driver or front-passenger legroom. Easy to find and connect to Latch and tether anchors. No fit issues involving head restraint or seat contouring. Easy access to the third row.
B: Plenty of room. One fit or connection issue. Some problems accessing third row when available.
C: Marginal room. Two fit or connection issues. Difficult to access third row when available.
D: Insufficient room. Two or more fit or connection issues.
F: Does not fit or is unsafe.
About Cars.com's Car Seat Checks
Editors Jennifer Geiger and Jennifer Newman are certified child safety seat installation technicians.
For the Car Seat Check, we use a Graco SnugRide 30 infant-safety seat, a Britax Roundabout convertible seat and Graco TurboBooster seat. The front seats are adjusted for a 6-foot driver and a 5-foot-8 passenger. The three child seats are installed in the second row. The booster seat sits behind the driver's seat, and the infant and convertible seats are installed behind the front passenger seat.
We also install the forward-facing convertible in the second row's middle seat with the booster and infant seat in the outboard seats to see if three car seats will fit; a child sitting in the booster seat must be able to reach the seat belt buckle. If there's a third row, we install the booster seat and a forward-facing convertible.
Parents should also remember that they can use the Latch system or a seat belt to install a car seat.