CARS.COM — With the Macan luxury compact SUV, Porsche hopes to duplicate the success of its larger Cayenne SUV. Despite its tight backseat, the 2016 Macan performed surprisingly well in our Car Seat Check. We tested the base Macan S model with leather seats. The Macan seats five passengers.
How many car seats fit in the second row? Two
What We Like
- There are two sets of lower Latch anchors in the Macan’s outboard seats. The anchors sit behind removable plastic covers. This setup makes it easy to connect to the anchors. Three tether anchors are found midway down the Porsche’s rear seats. The tether anchors are well-marked and easy to use.
- Both the rear- and forward-facing convertibles installed easily and fit well in the Porsche Macan.
- Our high-back booster seat fit well in the Macan, but there’s not a lot of legroom for a child sitting behind taller adults.
What We Don’t
- The rear-facing infant seat installs easily, but we had to move the front Porsche’s passenger seat forward a significant amount to fit the car seat behind it. Our 5-foot-8 tester could just squeeze into the front seat, but she only had a half-inch of room between her knees and the glove box.
- The rear seat belt buckles are on stable bases, but they sit low in the vehicle’s bottom seat cushion, making them difficult to grasp for younger kids in boosters.