CARS.COM — For 2017, the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport gets a mild update that focuses on advanced safety features and new multimedia features. Families will appreciate that this midsize SUV has rear sunshades to keep the sun out of kids’ eyes and a backseat that slides forward and back. We tested the 2017 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T with all-wheel drive and leather seats.
How many car seats fit in the second row? Two
What We Like
- The Santa Fe Sport’s three top tether anchors, which sit under flip-up plastic covers, are midway down the seatback; they’re easy to find and use.
- The rear- and forward-facing convertibles fit well.
- Our high-back booster seat fit well in this SUV.
What We Don’t Like
- There are two sets of lower Latch anchors in this five-passenger SUV. They sit about an inch into the seat cushions, and we had to muscle our car seats’ Latch connectors past the stiff, leather seat cushions.
- We had to move the front passenger seat forward to accommodate our rear-facing infant seat. The infant seat, however, installed easily, thanks to its thin, hooklike Latch connectors.
- The seat belt buckles are on floppy bases, making them difficult for kids to use independently.