AAA: Memorial Day Driving Will Drop Slightly


Four out of 10 people say rising gas prices will affect their travel plans, according to a survey by AAA. About 70% of those people said they would economize other parts of their trip to compensate for gas prices, while the other 30% said they would take shorter trips instead.

Despite the high gas prices, travel by car remains the most popular mode of transportation during this holiday. About 88% of Memorial Day travelers will travel by car. Once you factor in air and rail travel, total travel this weekend is up about 0.2% from 2010.

Latest expert reviews