At the New York International Auto Show next week, GMC will reveal its new special-edition Heritage package on select pickup and full-size SUV models, to celebrate their 100-year anniversary.
The 2012 Heritage Edition will be offered on the GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab, GMC Yukon and Yukon XL models in SLT trim.Three colors will be available: Heritage Blue White Diamond and Onyx Black. Interior colors for Yukons are ebony and light tan.
Options for the half-ton crew cab include:
- Unique "Heritage Edition" exterior badges
- Embroidered front floormats
- Embroidered front headrests
- Chrome door handles, mirror caps and door moldings
- 20-inch chrome aluminum wheels
- Convenience Package with rear-park assist, adjustable pedals, Universal Home Remote, EZ-Lift locking tailgate and rear wheelhouse liners
- Backup camera
The special package costs $2,645, but premium colors will cost extra ($195 for Heritage Blue and $995 for White Diamond).
"The GMC brand always looks forward, but this day provides an opportunity to celebrate 100 years of the proud GMC name," said Tony DiSalle, U.S. vice president of GMC Marketing. "Sierra and Yukon are two of our longest-running and most-respected nameplates, so it makes sense to use them to represent our heritage."
1912 5-ton GMC Dump Truck