There's a lot to look at with Nikola Motor Co.'s modern hydrogen-electric hybrid freight hauler, the . It has a unique suspension and a wide-open interior, and it's powered by hydrogen fuel and lithium-ion batteries.
We just attended a press conference at Nikola's home base in Salt Lake City. Here's a closer look at several of the truck's unique features. As futuristic as the Nikola One might look, this is likely what we will see hauling freight down the interstates in the not-too-distant future. To find out more, .
Here are just some of the hightlights:
- Nikola One can be equipped with 12 cameras
- The 6×6 or 6×4 will have torque-vectoring all-wheel drive
- Leasing will cost between $5,000 and $7,000 per month
- The cab-forward sleeper cabin is 13 feet high
- The new fuel-cell independent suspension should save at least 2,000 pounds.
Cars.com photos by Mark Williams