Willis Automotive

1779 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

February 28, 2013

While traveling to Omaha, NE, my "service rear axle" light appeared on my 2011 SRX. I was about 45 minutes from Des Moines, but decided it best to call... ahead to the dealership and have it checked. Did not want to be stranded on the highway over an hour out of Omaha. Willis service department employees could not have been more efficient! They gave me a loaner (CTS) and sent me on the road to Omaha and had my car ready, cleaned and vacuumed, when I arrived back on Monday!! They replaced the rear axle, and my struts which were making noise....apparently, they had been redesigned do to this problem. If I lived in DesMoines, I would definitely do business with the people at Willis! Thank you....

February 21, 2013

Willis staff members always greet me as though greeting a good friend. I hand over my keys with the confidence that my vehicle is in the hands of professionals... that will treat it like their own. We have purchased pre-owned Cadillacs of consistently high quality from Willis for the past ten-plus years. We are satisfied customers who plan to continue our relationship with Willis for as long as we drive cars, and we're expecting that to be a very long time!

September 8, 2012

I felt i got a great deal. And the sales person was great to deal with.

August 23, 2012

We informed Willis about a vibration and asked them to check alignment and balance. Instead, Willis performed routine maintenance, installed front brakes... ($700), and returned the car to us reporting that the vibration was gone. (Still vibrates.) Willis took the car in for a second time. This time, they adjusted alignment and balance as we had originally requested. Willis returned the car to us, once again reporting that the vibration was gone. (Still vibrates.) They took the car back for a third time, this time they find the vehicle needs two new tires (they just put four Goodyear Eagles on it two years/20,000 miles ago). Fine, tires replaced, vibration is finally gone... Over $1,200 in repairs later. Of course, we question whether all of these repairs were necessary. How do they keep finding things wrong with this vehicle after their service technician has checked all of the little green boxes on their "multi-point inspection?" I think their service department is doing the minimum amount of work - just going through the routine motions - and I don't believe them when they say they road tested the car after the initial repairs. The other issue we have is with their statement "We treat you like you're a guest in our home." Well, they don't. When we show up at Willis, we generally stand there alone for 10+ minutes before someone even greets us. I guess they're just really busy. We'll be happy when it is time to trade this vehicle so we can find another dealership to work with. Obviously, we're not happy with Willis.

July 31, 2012

This is the second pre-owned vehicle we have purchased from Willis. Our salesman was Terry Thomas. Terry is a professional! He was knowledgeable, courteous... and kind. Terry made sure the vehicle we were inquiring about was ready for us when we arrived so we can take it for a test drive. We were able to come to a mutual agreement on the vehicle very quickly and he even had the vehicle cleaned up again for us before we left. We would highly recommend Terry and the next time we look for another vehicle, we will be sure to call him!

May 25, 2012

Went to dealership to look at a Ford Expedition. Our "salesman", if you want to call him that, was too busy juggling us and two other customers while the... other people that were working there just sat around and did nothing. After waiting for an hour he finally found time to get back to us and told us that our trade was worth pretty much nothing to them and they weren't going to budge on the price of the Expedition so we should "try somewhere else." We did and got a better vehicle.

April 16, 2012

I went to this dealership to buy a minivan. I called and was told to make an appointment, which I did. I arrived at the dealership, but the vehicle I wanted... to drive was out as a service loaner. The salesman didn't know when it would be returned. After several tries, the car became available to drive. They drove my car at the same time. The minivan was a good car. When I returned I was told that my car was worth 'X', period. And that the price of the minivan was not negotiable. It was "take our deal or leave." I left. I've never had to make an appointment to drive a car, and I never will again. I'll likely do my shopping on Craig's List. This company cared nothing for me. They were interested only in maximizing their profit.

March 3, 2012

i called about the vehicle & recieved the info i needed to make a decision. drove to the dealer two days later with trade in. was treated great, told what... i wanted for my vehicle and got it. we recieved a tour of the facility & concluded the transaction. all in all it was very painless even pleasant. thanks

November 21, 2011

I had an Excellent experience while shopping for a vehicle at Willis auto. After the sale, my vehicle had an unresolved issue and follow-up from the dealership... was below average.