Switchcars.com

Friday 9:00am–5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am–12:00pm
Sunday Closed
(216) 367-5858 (216) 367-5858

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Great dealer

Making the decision to purchase an exotic car from Switchcars was one of the best decisions I’ve made in a long time. The quality of their vehicles are top notch and the description they provide are spot on. Unlike other dealers I have dealt with, there was no hidden issues or misleading pictures. I was able to visit them in person and see their inventory; every vehicle was up to the standard of the price tag. Working with the staff was easy and enjoyable. It’s a small operation, but the level of service is outstanding. Even chatting with the crew in the garage was professional but still welcoming. I definitely recommend Switchcars to anyone in the market for a unique driving experience.

Amazing experience !

You need a high end vehicle? This is the place to buy one!

Great Buying Experience!!

I recently bought a 1998 BMW M Roadster from Doug at Switchcars.com. It was a remarkable buying experience. Doug did a great job of communicating with me throughout the process. Doug displayed plenty of pictures on his website so I had a very good sense of the car's condition (including several pictures of the undercarriage). Doug was responsive to my inquiries and my several phone calls. He was very accommodating with my pre-purchase inspection. Doug cut his vacation short to meet me on Saturday (not a normal business day for him) to close the deal, which I greatly appreciate. Doug made a number of repairs to the car before listing it. As a result, no repairs were necessary based on the PPI. Doug gave me a fair price on the car. He made the entire experience including helping secure a shipping company for the car. All the vendors I met through Doug were exceptional. I highly recommend Doug and Switchcars and look forward to my next opportunity to buy a car from him.

Fantastic Experience

Doug Tabbutt, the owner of Switchcars is the embodiment of an owner that really knows cars and is willing to share that information. I called Doug about six-months before I purchased a car from him to ask his advice on a few cars I was researching and he spent a considerable amount of time with me. I was specific about what I wanted and as luck would have it, when I was ready he was just closing a deal on the car. Doug asked for a very reasonable deposit and communicated with me regularly on the progress of the car. I usually plan a trip to see the car, however after speaking with Doug about the car and it's history I felt confident that I didn't need to make the 500 mile trip. The entire process from our first conversation to delivery went very quickly and I the car arrived as described by Doug. If you are serious about purchasing a high-end car you will not find a more ethical and professional individual than Doug Tabbutt. Best, Peter

Great buying experience!

Doug, I wanted to formally reach out and thank you for all the work you've done to put me into my new (to me) Audi R8. This is the first time I have bought a car sight unseen and the effort you put in to talk to me about the car, negotiate a trade on my 911 turbo, help me with financing options, and set up all the shipping logistics has made all the difference. Early on in this process, you told me this business is all about trust, which is something that is often lacking from the used car sales world. However, all the way through this, you have been true to your word, especially when it came to the condition of the R8. This car is truly a gem and I don't think I could have possibly found a better example. I'd say I can't wait to do business again, but I feel like I'll be enjoying this car for many years to come ! :-) Thanks again! Zak

First time buyer 1986 Porsche Carerra

I met Doug through a mechanic who has been working on my Car for years. He recommended Doug after I mentioned I was looking for a quality 1980's Porsche 911. Doug had two Carerra's in his inventory and was very professional and honest about each of the vehicles. I bought one of them on the spot and have been driving it for over a month now and I love this car! Since then I have not experienced any issues or surprises, and I do not anticipate any. I would recommend Doug. In addition to this post, Doug also has my phone number for a reference, if needed. I look forward to buying or selling another car with Switchcars and Doug. Thank you Doug!

MB 450SL

We bought a 1975 Mercedes Benz 450SL from Doug at Switchcars. Sight unseen is always a risky business but the car was just as described by Doug if not better. A painless, professional process. Thanks Doug!

Dealer response

We do our best to set customers' expectations properly, which is not always easy on vintage cars. I'm glad that you were pleased with the Mercedes, and I hope you enjoy it as much as the previous owner did.

Professional, easy and fun transaction.

I would just like to compliment Doug and Switchcars for a most professional, easy and fun transaction. I purchased a 2001 911 turbo with just 6500 miles and lots of go fast mods just a few weeks ago. The car was a supreme example and accurately depicted by the ad. Actually, I was even more impressed when I saw the car in person. Doug made the transaction as simple and easy as one could hope for. I would not hesitate to recommend Switchcars to anyone looking for an exotic or high end auto. Well done Doug. You have a customer for life.

Dealer response

Brian- Customers like you make our job easy, and fun. That's the way it should be! I'm glad you're putting some miles on that Turbo, since the last two owners didn't. Enjoy it, and I hope to see that car again in the future. I appreciate the business and the solid feedback.

Wonderful Experience With SwitchCars...

I had a very rare 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S Silver Rose Edition (1 of 700) that met an untimely end due to an engine fire. I set out on a quest to find a replacement which led me to Switch Cars, along with several other options. After speaking with Doug and inspecting pictures and the Carfax for a very special 2008 Porsche Cayman S Sport (also a numbered 1 of 700 edition) I decided to make the 750 mile journey, each way, to buy the car. Doug was very helpful and stayed late (midnight on July 3rd!) so that I could get in town, make the purchase, and then get home the next day for family plans on the 4th. I couldn't be happier with my choice of dealer or vehicle. My local Porsche dealer inspected the vehicle and found NOT ONE SINGLE THING that needed addressing or fixing. In Switch Cars' warehouse of beautiful vehicles was I like a kid in a candy store! Highly, highly recommended for all your exceptional car needs.

Dealer response

Thanks for the review Bret. It was certainly an adventure loading the car onto the trailer that late at night, but I'm glad we got a deal done and I look forward to more in the future.

4.0

Fantastic Experience with Switchcars.com

While searching for my Audi R8 V10, I came across Doug at Swtichcars.com. Doug is very knowledgable with the product and the history of the vehicle. I enjoyed several conversation with him and he was a true professional. At the end I purchased my R8 from a dealer in Huntsville, AL based on price, model year and optional equipment. However, I would not hesitate to revisit Doug at Switchcars.com when there is another specialty vehicle for sale at his facility.