Blue Knob Auto Sales

25 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

August 19, 2017

It was fine. The reception person was condescending and very cold. The sales person was very nice, if you don't want their financing then there enthusiasm... falls. They must get perks for that. I didn't get the car only because it got sold.

August 16, 2017

Rosemary was wonderful. Walked out with a great Kia

August 7, 2017

I told the sales person I'd take the passat, via phone.When I got there, he found the papers ( they had printed them out already) and I was soon heading... home! Thanks!

April 24, 2017

I live two hours away from this dealership, so i called ahead to make sure they still had the Chevy I was following on Cars.Com. Had to leave a voice mail,... but got a call back in five minutes. Extremely friendly and accommodating. Held the car for me till I arrived and was left alone with the car, and no one tried to "sell" it to me. They held it for the rest of the day till I came back later that night to get the paperwork complete. Drove it home that night. Couldn't find better prices or inventory anywhere else. Will definitely be going back once I'm in need of another car. I would have driven 4 hours to this dealership to get my car, it was worth it.

September 11, 2016

I have purchased 2 vehicles from here I would never go any where else ! All my family has purchased cars from here too. The customer service is great... you don't have a salesman breathing down your neck pressuring you about the car inside and on the lot ... The pricing is unbeatable! You will get a clean quality reliable car from here no lemon and it is all straight forward you know what you are exactly getting . The paper work process took less than an hour both times . This will be the best car buying experience ever ! Highly recommended!

July 30, 2016

I bought a Cadillac SRX today and have NEVER been more pleased. The price was right and service was above and beyond. I will never buy a car anywhere... else.

September 13, 2015

the service is just so so. But I can see that several of my friends bought cars from Blue Knob

February 8, 2015

I was shopping for a new or used car yesterday. It was extremely busy which is understandable, but they didn't have enough staff. One salesman worked with... 3 other couples while I test drover 2 vehicles! I couldn't even get 5 minutes to talk to the salesman. I spent 4 hours there just to do that! I left there and took my money to Dean Patterson, where there was very nice and friendly staff, and left there with a great vehicle!

December 28, 2014

I went to BKA on advice of a friend who bought a vehicle there. After discussing the vehicle and its history with a salesman, I reserved a vehicle I intended... to buy and made the 2 and a half hour trek to Duncansville. Arrived at the showroom. My salesman was busy so another salesman gave me license plate and keys and directed me to a parking lot telling me my vehicle was parked near the road. But the vehicle was not there. He had directed me to the wrong parking lot. He then apologized and directed me to a different parking lot which after ten minutes of vainly searching for the vehicle I returned to the showroom.. Finally my salesman showed me where the car was. The car was in reasonable condition but it had a burned out parking light. After a test drive I returned to the showroom and asked to see the pre-delivery inspection report for the vehicle that the dealership did. I was told they didn't have access to the report That was a big red flag as I have purchased dozens of cars and never had a dealer refuse to comply with that request. It is difficult to believe the used car manager didn't have access to that information and the only copy was a hard copy squirreled away in the repair shop. I was then told by the salesman that the parking light would not be a problem that they would find someone to fix it before I left. We then went over an Autocheck history of the vehicle that showed no accidents but a history as a lease or rental, A fact conveniently left out by the salesman during our phone conversation--but not a showstopper. I agreed to buy the car provided the light was taken care of and provided my registration and insurance information to aid in transferring plates. After a slight effort to upsell extended warranty and financing, I declined both and was told to wait for the F&I guy. The salesman then came back to say that changing the parking light was too complicated and I could have it done and BKA would reimburse whoever did it if the price was "in reason." When the F&I guy showed up, he didn't introduce himself, said he didn't know anything about the light and arrogantly said the :ball was in my court if I wanted to buy and to let him know when I am willing to sign. I asked for my registration card back and he denied having it saying he only had a copy. I then told him I wouldn't be signing anything until I got my registration card back, Miraculously, the card was eventually found sitting in a manila folder he was carrying. He then discussed the light issue with the salesman. Went back with teh F&I guy to sign the papers and he again evaded any committment with regard to the light. He then excused himself to go discuss the issue with the used car manager. When he returned he said there were two options: to return with the car at a later date to have their service department repair it or to have it repaired elsewhere and have be reimbursed up to the amount it would cost their service department to do it. The second option seemed workable but the F&I guy would not commit to specifics regarding the mechanism for reimbursement and what constituted a "reasonable amount" After an inordinate time of a time of talking in circles where he kept repeating that it was easiest if we brought it back in and absolutely not possible for him to state what amount they would be willing to reimburse, it was apparent he was unable to close the deal and they just wanted me to get the vehicle over the curb as is so the problem would be owned by me In hindsight. I left the dealership and the salesman called when I was about 15 miles down the road and offered a $100 discount to cover the light--a fair offer but too late,. In hindsight - get a full CarFax and copy of pre-delivery inspection before going there; BKA's price while outwardly good isn't really any better than can be had with local dealers using BKAs price as a negotiating tool, especially when one factors in the cost of manhours and gas used in travelling.

October 18, 2014

My daughter goes to college in western PA and I have family that has gotten car after car at Blue Knob Auto. I am hoping to find a better deal than I would... find in the Philadelphia area. I was immediately taken care of and stated my intention. Liz was extremely helpful and very trusting as she handed me keys and said to take it for a test drive. She understood what was important to me and the safety of my daughter and we agreed to work together via email to find the right choice. I felt good enough to not stop at any other dealer.