Taz Autogroup

Saturday 9:00am–7:00pm
Sunday Closed
(888) 706-3992 (888) 706-3992

2.4

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Stay away

Will not recommend this place to anyone. They are full of crap. To me this place is a waste of time put in a application no one has got back to me. Just a waste.

1.0

I wish that I had read all the reviews

I wish that I had read all the reviews. Please do not buy from this dealership unless the vehicle has an independent pre-purchase inspection. 1) No reconditioning on the vehicle 2) Vehicle codes had been cleared; after I got it home, on the day of purchase, the check engine light came on: "Transmission system problem" "Emissions system problem" 2) 3 months/3,000 mile limited warranty but all the paperwork says "as is." 3) The warranty is limited to "lubricated parts" and damage as a result of a "mechanical breakdown" of a "lubricated part." 4) Vehicle interior was dirty; seat upholstery, arm rests, surfaces 5) When I called, on the same day as the purchase, the receptionist could not transfer my call to the salesman nor the manger. She took my number and neither returned my call.

Great staff and service!

Awesome staff and great service from everyone there at the dealership! Will be recommending my friends and family to Them. Brandi, Austin and Greysi are great at what they do, they did the best to help me out!

Dealer response

On behalf of all of us at TAZ Autogroup, We would like to thank you for sharing this great review about our dealership! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with TAZ Autogroup. We will be sharing your feedback amongst our team. Enjoy your new vehicle and please come visit us again soon! Respectfully, TAZ Autogroup 3590 Highway 87 South Sanford, NC 27332 (888) 272-1692, option 2

Awesome staff and great priced vehicles.

I had a great experience. Austin was a great sales rep and very knowledgeable about the inventory and vehicles in general. They are now under new management and the atmosphere is awesome and very laid back. They never passed judgement. Highly recommend this dealership

Dealer response

Congratulations on your new vehicle! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It is wonderful to hear that TAZ Autogroup was able to provide you with the excellent experience we strive to provide all our customers. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Respectfully, JT Autogroup 3590 Highway 87 South Sanford, NC 27332 (888) 272-1691

Great Help

Staff was very helpful making the buying process easy and smooth. Nice cars, the used selection amazed me. Recommend them to everybody, definitely will be back for my next purchase. Thank you to Brandi and Austin for making the process as easy as possible.

Dealer response

Congratulations on your new vehicle! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It is wonderful to hear that TAZ Autogroup was able to provide you with the excellent experience we strive to provide all our customers. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Respectfully, TAZ Auto Group 3590 Highway 87 South Sanford, NC 27332 (888) 272-1691

What a joke

Shopping with my family for a Lexus SUV that this dealer marketed under another dealer's name. A nice guy (Victor) had to escort us across town to this dealership. When I looked the vehicle over, I noticed a dent in the bumper that was not there in the pictures online. I pointed it out and then the heavier woman inside would not allow me to test drive the car. The sales guys became somewhat belligerent with me (in front of my family), so we promptly left the property. Shady, no couth, no professionalism and deserve no business. Hope this helps someone.

Dealer response

We'd like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at (919) 292-2626 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards earning back your business. Respectfully, TAZ Autogroup 3590 Highway 87 South Sanford, NC 27332 (888) 272-1691

1.5

Don't Walk Run Fast As You Can to Another Dealer

PLEASE STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!!!! if i could leave a negative review I would. I should have followed my gut when I was communicating with this dealership and go to another dealer......I purchased a 2017 Chevy Colorado that I didn't have checked out like I knew I should have so I truly blame myself for falling pray to this awful dealership and their hazardous vehicles that they sale knowing they could hurt people but they don't care. I test drove a vehicle at or around 12 on 6July 2020 there were no lights on the vehicle that indicated there was a safety issue. Vehicle was delivered at 10 PM...The morning the service theft deterrent system light was on and it would not turn off. I can only assume the service detection light came on during the 45 mile trip from Sanford. The very next day I was driving the vehicle and the vehicle stalled in traffic and just stopped. The stalling and dieing in traffic happened 2 additional times in 5 days...I thought maybe it was the battery but I was informed it is the alternator and it is at about 15.8 which is a dangerous level the truck could catch on fire is not fixed. I contacted the dealer the night of the 10th and called on 11 July 2020 and spoke to service manager Samantha she informed me she had passed the email to her manager. I did not receive a response via email or telephonically. Eventually Ricardo contacted me stating give him to Monday to respond....Surprise Surprise I never heard from him...The vehicle was sold as is therefore my complaint is the dealer is selling vehicles that are dangerous and they had to know the vehicle had alternator issues and didn't fix it. My sales ripoff person was Ricardo and I can only suggest and warn you to be better than I me..stay away!!!

Dealer response

While we do perform an NC state inspection onour vehicles before putting them out on the lot. An improperly functioning alternator isn't something that is checked in that inspection. We are resellers of used vehicles, we sell them as-is. In the buyers guide, which is in the window of all of our vehicles for sale and was also signed by the customer, states a list of "some major defects that may occur in used vehicles. " in that list is " Improperly functioning alternator, generator, battery, or starter. " While the salesman did try to remedy the issue of the "service theft deterrent system" message by sending you a replacement fob which then enables you to reset the system. There is not a way that he would have known about the alternatorissue. On the drive to deliver the vehicle the salesman reported back, and said that there were no problems with the drive.In addition to that, we had the truck for about a month on our lot and we never experienced the vehicle turning off or doing anything abnormal. So for us to have hidden this issue from a customer isn't something that would have happened. We are focused on customer satisfaction and hope that we can help you in this situation please call 919-292-2626 so we can better understand how we can help. Respectfully, TAZ Autogroup 3590 Highway 87 Sanford, NC 27332 (888)272-1691

Mr. Harris

I do not recommend this car dealership. After test driving a vehicle and promise a call back. Did not hear back for days. So I then called for the Finance manager, who also promise me a car at a set price and never got a call back. Finally spoke with the General Manager who was absolutely no help. I decide not to purchase with these people. I don't trust their service or vehicles.

Disappointing

I submitted a request about a vehicle and was hopeful to hear back from them the next day. No contact- so I got on the website and connected through the online chat function- they apologized and stated someone would be reaching out. I asked for the car fax and they took my info and said they would send. Nothing. I reach out again the next day on chat function and they were adamant about having someone get in touch wi th me... no contact. I gave it another day and reached out through the text function- same apology, no follow through. I looked up the online reviews of the company and realized a lot of others had similar issues or unreliable history. I went from super excited about buying a car to working harder than them just to get contact. Oh well. I got a call from them about four days after that and declined interest in the purchase at that point.