2012 Audi A 3

First tank finally

by from Park City, UT on March 8, 2013

I'll trust you are reading more than just this review. I'm an Audi/Porsche/Volvo owner, mid 40's, racing karts and cars, doing most maintenance on my own (no timing belts). Researched the VW and Audi TDi's against BMW, Mazda, Lexus, and a few others. Audi style won over the VW Jetta, opting to go used for the same price as new so I could get the Xenon headlights. The VW was very close, and I would have gone 6 speed. About the gearbox, the DSG is nice enough. Essential a great automatic with the ability to paddle shift. A real clutch lets you time engagement, the Audi's just happens instantly, you have to plan and wait to grab the gear. The A3 is quick enough, no problem getting into traffic, mid 8 second range to 60 is fine. It's a little abrupt from a standstill, I've felt it act differently depending on the situation. Gentle seems to work, launch control doesn't seem to work for me. Radio, even though it's Bose, it's just okay for something labeled concert. The noise cancelling aspect is nice, quiet car at speed. At speed, this thing gets comfy at an indicated 90mph. I say indicated because with stock tires it's actually about 86mph. Hardwired V1 is easy and neccesary. SMOOTH ride. Flat seats if you don't get the sport seats. Phone interface, meh. It does work, but the best method with an iphone is to activate Siri on the phone and call. The voice dial built in to the car is not even close. Sound quality hads free to the iphone is decent for sure, as good or better than Motorola 2. Doors, they shut easily with interesting detents in the mechanism. I'm sure I'll get used to not slamming them soon. On the 2012's, don't bother changing bulbs to LED's, even with a resistor, it throws an error code in the dash display that stays on the whole drive. Smallish rear window, takes some getting used to if you haven't had a small car. Fuel, 32.5mpg as an average on the first tank. Keep in mind, that's around town and at excessive speed. My wife will drive and get that number to be upper 30's. For those looking to do your own maintenance, the oil requirement makes buying online the easiest way to go. But 10,000 mile intervals. 500+ miles a tank of fuel. Amazing handling, great looks, terrific fuel economy, fun to drive, feels rich inside, comfortable. Would buy it again.

Excellent Five Stars Car

by from Miami on March 19, 2015

This car is the best car you can buy. Has everything you need in a car and it fits 5 people comfortably. I am a car enthusiast and have owned many different cars but this model or the 2012 A3 has been a dream in every angle. Its quick, saves gas, looks great, feels rich inside and drives like a dream. I usually buy a new car every year but I love this one so much that I actually have not changed this car for three years straight and want to keep it longer..

nice car

by from on February 24, 2013

this car is super cool, and its a gas saver. i love it and i will buy it when i got money. my friends also like it too

Safe and reliable! Great car!

by from Thousand Oaks, Ca. on August 5, 2017

This sharp, dependable car drives and runs like new! Looks great inside and out! But don't take my word for it! Come on out and drive it... you'll see for yourself what a great deal on a great car thi...
This sharp, dependable car drives and runs like new! Looks great inside and out! But don't take my word for it! Come on out and drive it... you'll see for yourself what a great deal on a great car this.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great car at a fair price!

by from San Francisco, CA on October 9, 2017

Car is in excellent condition, no issues whatsoever. Drives smooth, handles well and has plenty of zip with 2.0L DOHC turbocharged 4 cylinder engine producing 200 horsepower. Also has excellent safety ratings, with airbags throughout, ABS, and ESC (electronic stability control).

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Seems Great!

by from ohio on July 29, 2017

test drove this once. It was great. The interior is very nice. I like the loads of detail. Not to mention how comfortable it is.
Not Rated Reliability

Great experience @ Blue Rhino

by from Panorama City on November 28, 2016

I had a good experience. i found a really nice Range Rover at a good price... they were very helpful and explained everything to me

Great ride

by from Nevada Tx on October 18, 2017

Hello, we loved the vehicle it was just not priced right for the items needing repair! I love german engineering, staff was great we drove the car to our mechanic to check it out!
Not Rated Reliability

Great entry luxury car

by from on March 22, 2017

Great car for the family. Has great handle due to its compact style. Only downfall is it's interior, it's very basic and plain for an Audi.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Audi A 3