2012 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews

2012 Audi A 3
Average based on 4 reviews

First tank finally

by from Park City, UT on March 8, 2013

I'll trust you are reading more than just this review. I'm an Audi/Porsche/Volvo owner, mid 40's, racing karts and cars, doing most maintenance on my own (no timing belts). Researched the VW and Audi TDi's against BMW, Mazda, Lexus, and a few others. Audi style won over the VW Jetta, opting to go used for the same price as new so I could get the Xenon headlights. The VW was very close, and I would have gone 6 speed. About the gearbox, the DSG is nice enough. Essential a great automatic with the ability to paddle shift. A real clutch lets you time engagement, the Audi's just happens instantly, you have to plan and wait to grab the gear. The A3 is quick enough, no problem getting into traffic, mid 8 second range to 60 is fine. It's a little abrupt from a standstill, I've felt it act differently depending on the situation. Gentle seems to work, launch control doesn't seem to work for me. Radio, even though it's Bose, it's just okay for something labeled concert. The noise cancelling aspect is nice, quiet car at speed. At speed, this thing gets comfy at an indicated 90mph. I say indicated because with stock tires it's actually about 86mph. Hardwired V1 is easy and neccesary. SMOOTH ride. Flat seats if you don't get the sport seats. Phone interface, meh. It does work, but the best method with an iphone is to activate Siri on the phone and call. The voice dial built in to the car is not even close. Sound quality hads free to the iphone is decent for sure, as good or better than Motorola 2. Doors, they shut easily with interesting detents in the mechanism. I'm sure I'll get used to not slamming them soon. On the 2012's, don't bother changing bulbs to LED's, even with a resistor, it throws an error code in the dash display that stays on the whole drive. Smallish rear window, takes some getting used to if you haven't had a small car. Fuel, 32.5mpg as an average on the first tank. Keep in mind, that's around town and at excessive speed. My wife will drive and get that number to be upper 30's. For those looking to do your own maintenance, the oil requirement makes buying online the easiest way to go. But 10,000 mile intervals. 500+ miles a tank of fuel. Amazing handling, great looks, terrific fuel economy, fun to drive, feels rich inside, comfortable. Would buy it again.

Excellent Five Stars Car

by from Miami on March 19, 2015

This car is the best car you can buy. Has everything you need in a car and it fits 5 people comfortably. I am a car enthusiast and have owned many different cars but this model or the 2012 A3 has been a dream in every angle. Its quick, saves gas, looks great, feels rich inside and drives like a dream. I usually buy a new car every year but I love this one so much that I actually have not changed this car for three years straight and want to keep it longer..

nice car

by from on February 24, 2013

this car is super cool, and its a gas saver. i love it and i will buy it when i got money. my friends also like it too

Great experience @ Blue Rhino

by from Panorama City on November 28, 2016

I had a good experience. i found a really nice Range Rover at a good price... they were very helpful and explained everything to me