2017 330e

2017 BMW 330e

2017 BMW 330e

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2017 BMW 330e?

Amazing Combination of Performance and Efficiency

by DennisM from Seattle, WA on Sat Oct 29 2016

I've put 6500 miles on my 330e and love it. I am averaging 76 mpg. I've traveled 3900 of the 6500 miles in full electric mode according to the BMW app. I am only filling up with gas about once a month and have had one tank where I traveled 1000 miles before filling up. The car has pure BMW performance and handling when you want it in Sport and Sport + mode and full electric while in the city. My commute is about 7 miles each way so I use no gas at all for my commute. The car replaced a 2013 ActiveHybrid 3 and this is a huge improvement. The Sport Package with sport seats and Sport + settings is now standard and the steering, ride and handling are all improved over the 2013. I have made several 400 plus mile trips over mountain passes and have averaged 40 to 42 mpg on long highway trips. The torque of the electric motor is really noticeable in Sport mode with torque like a diesel with the rev range of a gas BMW. I would love a little longer battery range but it works for my commute and for trips to the airport I recharge there and make about 19 of the 21 miles in full electric. Around town I use the MAXeDrive mode with the EcoPro setting and the car has plenty of power for an urban setting. This car would not work as well for someone with a long commute but for me it is amazingly efficient. I wanted a car that cut my carbon footprint but was still fun to drive and this car is it. Seattle has greenhouse gas free electricity and I also have solar so I am feeling good about driving the 330e. 76 mpg is way beyond what I expected and I love the way the car drives and all the BMW features. This is the most fun I've ever had with a car with this combination of superb efficiency and performance.

Best looking plug in Hybrid ok the road !

by Jonster from Ontario on Tue May 02 2017

Personally I think it is a very balanced car. Looks good, drives good and it has a good MPG. I feel alive whenever I corner the car or accelerate- it makes me smile every time. It is a 3 series... so it is a "bucket list" kind of car. The interior is good, a little bit small... the sets gets my back sweaty and hot on sunny days.. it is not very confortable for road trips I would say. However, for shorter trips or city driving I think it is more than adaquate. I love it. No regrets. The best part is that is a hybrid- a green car :)

Nice option for plugin hybrid

by groverprach from Denver, CO on Thu Aug 10 2017

Liked the experience test driving this car. Future versions hopefully will have even greater range electrically.

Most exceptional car ever able to build to own

by annabellinina from Ipswich, North Carolina on Wed May 03 2017

I'm not capable of driving anything else. I have many health problems and issues so my parents won't let me be allowed to drive anything as such as what I put down to have make and built (obviously with their help in making that available for my own found and sorts).

Uses car for Off-roading

Does not recommend this car!!

BMW hybrid

by Nursebarb from Auburn Washington on Sun Sep 16 2018

I love the car. I could not find one to buy and they are a bit spendy. If I can find one, I will buy it