2005 Park Avenue

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Most reliable car I've owned

by ljmhoops from Vinita Oklahoma on January 3, 2018

Great ride, and including gas mileage . Handles the turnpike or the 2 lanes with ease. Luxury and performance all in one package.

I made a great Yard Sale purchase

by Roy Conley from Charlotte on April 5, 2018

The car only had 45,000 miles when I purchased it and it had nearly 200,000 when I traded it in to the dealer. I got nearly 32 MPG on the highway. I really enjoyed the ride and comfort with the car until the transmission started giving intermittent problems so I traded the car for a new one.

Outstanding ride

by Ed from Cleves, OH on February 21, 2018

I have owned four Buick Park Avenues. The 2005 is by far the best riding model year. Everything works as designed. Very comfortable seats, lots of room. In the trunk, for an eleven day Boundary Water canoe trip, I fit personal gear for five people, group gear for ten people, and eleven days of food for ten people.

Our third Ultra - would buy another

by Ultra Lovers from Newburgh IN on September 28, 2008

We have owned a 1994, 2000 and the Special Edition 2005 - all Ultras. Why oh why did GM get rid of the Supercharged 3.8 V-6!! Best engine ever - a quiet sleeping tiger under your right foot. Even using premium gas, we average 29+ on the road. 3000 mile trip to Maine last year - got 30+ consistently. The Buick ride, handling and looks. We are in the market to replace and cannot find anything close for under 40 grand - and slim pickens even then. Our test for a new vehicle is a particular long grade - maybe 4-5 miles - on I-64 North coming out Louisville, KY (a frequent trip). I can set the cruise on 58 mph (limit is 55 on that stretch) You will never hear or feel that motor strain. It just walks the hill. Reading reviews of other V-6 powered vehicles and the talk of transaxle 'gear-hunting' on inclines is just not something we have had to deal with. Have looked at Pontiac G8 - pretty car, but not near the amenities of the Buick - not even as options. Has the ponies, but ....... Thanks for our three beauties, GM. Sorry we can't do more business with you. Wish we had bought two 2005's.

Love my Buick

by Buick lover from Baltimore on November 18, 2006

5th Buick and 2nd Park Ave. I've owned. Love it for its interior size and quiet. Loved my 94 PA ride the best. This one has a little too much bounce in the rear over bumps. Otherwise its perfect for our comfort on long trips. I get 26 city/32 h'way. Have had as much as 34/5 on highway. Great car.

Very luxury

by Mr.Huge family from LA CAlafornia on September 13, 2007

The Park avenue ultra is one of my work's cars sometimes I bring home because the kids love when I bring new cars home. I would say this is my 2nd favorite and the Kids 2nd favorite!! My favorite and the Kids favorite is the 2003 Chevrolet Venture LT.

Love my Ultra Special Edition

by adeway from NW Indiana on August 16, 2017

I love the Buick Park Avenues, especially the Ultra, doesn't need the super charger, but ya gotta love the extra power! These cars are dependable, quiet, comfortable and have a great 6 cylinder that gets gas mileage as good as the new cars. Hoping this will be my last vehicle!

problems

by jnsko from WI on May 19, 2009

Onstar promises-short on delivery. When onstar went digital and my car syatem did not function, the dealer could or would not upgrade it. Recurring problems with the chrome rims corroding (or poor valve stems) have led to frequent flat tires and replacements. It is major aggravation dealing with flat tires, especially here in the snowy WI winters. I'm talking about more than 3 dozen times over the past 4 years. I have never had flat tires before, as I am careful. Now the cruise control is functional 50% of the time for no apparent reason. Not likely to buy another Buick Park Ave.

Does not recommend this car!!