2015 Grand Caravan

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan

Have you driven the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan?

Little Red Wagon

by Mjolnir from Central Washington on Mon Feb 16 2015

Looks good, Drives good. Feel it was a fair price. Love the power side and rear wing windows. I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time so Ii was glad to hear my power train warranty was for five years.

first new car purchase since the 80's

by soccer mom & dad from Johnson City, NY on Sat Apr 04 2015

we were tired of driving someone else's "hand me down" and had finally reached a point in our lives where we could afford a new vehicle rather than used. after a considerable amount of research we had it narrowed down to a couple of brands. an unexpected family emergency required a trip 3k miles from home so we opted to rent a vehicle. one of the choices we were considering, the Dodge grand caravan, was available to rent. although this was last years model and had about 20k miles on the odometer we figured it would give us some idea about the quality of the vehicle. much to our delight it performed flawlessly and we reached our destination and returned without incident. we really enjoyed traveling in it and found it to be a very comfortable vehicle to drive long distances. with that in mind, we set out to purchase our own and have be incredibly happy with our choice. in my humble opinion, I believe this Dodge product to be the superior choice.

Own it for just a few days

by ka4px from Lugoff SC on Sat Mar 28 2015

It is a much easier to drive than my Avenger, entry is easier and it will carry my power chair on the inside. The minivan handles better and seem to have a lot more power without turbo lag. I am very happy and would recommend it so far to a friend. I m also happy with the warranty and so far lack of major recalls unlike my Avenger. The dealer was great and made me an offer on a minimum feature van that was looking for a buyer that I couldn't refuse.

Great van for the money!!

by new van lover from North Carolina on Mon Nov 09 2015

I purchased a new 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan and am so pleased with it. For the money you can not find a better vehicle on the road. It is perfect for a family or if you just want the extra space. I love the stow and go rear seats that fold down to give extra space. The middle bench seat is super comfortable. The mileage is better than the sticker reads for me so far. I am averaging about 27 miles a gallon!!

I bought a mini van

by Scott Bovyn from Bolingbrook, il on Tue Mar 21 2017

My wife and I recently purchased a 2015 Didn't Grand Caravan. We are very pleased with our purchase. The van has a ton of storage in it. It also has a back up camera as well as a DVD player. This van is perfect for us.

newride

by wobbler from Hartland WI on Fri Sep 25 2015

Just purchase anew Grand Caravan. Like the color and had heated seats installed. So far running great, good pickup on acceleration, handling for a vehicle of its size.

Love my Dodge Grand Caravan

by Rjs from Plainfield, IL on Fri Sep 18 2015

We purchased a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan because of its good looks, great ride and large interior space. We recently took a road trip and it handles beautifully with a smooth comfortable ride. I love that all the seats adjust so there is plenty of legroom in every seat. Another great feature is that all the rear seats fold into the floor to make a huge flat area if you need to haul items. The sound system is awesome and again I have to say the ride is wonderful. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive.

Dodge Mobile

by van from knox, indiana on Tue Aug 18 2015

I love the stow and go seats and the uconnect radio it was great being able to get all of the family in one vehicle to go to the beach and was easy to clean up. It drives good adn the dual air is so awesome as I am always cold and my husband is always hot. lots of cup holders and love the lights.

Just What I Wanted

by PJ from New Jersey on Wed Sep 30 2015

The new Dodge Caravan that I just purchased is the car that I wanted! Since it was bought so late in the season I had to have some features that I might NOT gotten but I do enjoy them now that I have the car, I did not rate the reliability because I just got the car but based on past purchases this will be great. I did pay more than I expected to but I got want I wanted.

Highly Disappointed in Dodge

by TheMom from Texas on Wed Aug 17 2016

After being a 2008 SE Grand Caravan owner, I expected so much out of my "upgrade" to the 2015 SXT. I owned my 2008 until it had 192,000 miles on it. We drove it hard, were rough on the inside, and used every feature it had. I have only owned the 2015 for 2 days and I am already very, very disappointed in Dodge. The first thing I noticed was that this SXT has a smaller engine. I had a 3.8 in my 2008, these new ones, no matter the trim level, only have 3.6. I didn't expect to notice what I thought was going to be such a small difference, but man, do I ever! These new vehicles have FuelEcon. This causes all kinds of different things to happen, which are supposed to be more fuel efficient.... "The feature adjusts engine timing and transmission shift points to optimize fuel economy. The transmission will upshift sooner, downshift later and skip select gears during shifts to allow the engine to operate at lower speeds. The torque converter clutch will engage sooner and remain on longer, and the engine idle speed will be lower." I am torn on using this feature. It was turned on when I picked it up, and I have driven over 75 miles in the 2 days I have had it. I live right off of a major highway, and acceleration is important. My 2008 got it, it would zoom up onto the highway, no problem. Eventually, when this 2015 finally accelerates, it does drives nice. It feels smooth and the seats are more comfortable than the '08. But, the acceleration on this '15 in no way compares to what I could do with the '08. I plan to drive with the FuelEcon off and see if this makes a difference. The next thing I noticed was that there was no "Info" button (so I can see who is singing), and no Bluetooth or UConnect. I had UConnect on my SE and an Info button, which I used all of the time to check out artist's names. Two nice features gone on this "upgrade". They also rearranged the dash, it looks a lot sharper, but the steering wheel blocks my speedometer and I can't see how fast I am going. I did find that I can now display my speed digitally, which is nice, so I keep that on so I can watch my speed. My son about flipped when he got in the car, to plug in his laptop, and there is no 110V plug!!! We use the plug for so many things. He charges his laptop, I run my oil diffuser, we used the wall charger plugged into it for one phone while another phone is plugged into the car charger. This feature can be added, by purchasing an adapter, but we will lose a car charger port in the process. The 2015 SXT has no compass, garage door opener, overhead storage or fog lights, all of which my 2008 SE had. The new van has both 3rd row vented windows on one switch, so you can't choose to open one or the other, it is both or nothing. Another thing that I will miss, in loosing these overhead bins, is the lighting. The 2008 had a nice lighting system. Each seat had their own reading light, and there was also a nice glowing light I could turn on and still see my kiddos but not impair my outside visibility at night. I have noticed a slight decrease in the cabin noise from my '08, but it is still considerably noisy. The 2008 had vibration noise with the overhead bins, by not having them, I have lost some of that noise. I was thoroughly disappointed that there is not USB in this vehicle. There was one available at the next trim level, but for a 2015 vehicle that is designed to carry many passengers, this was a shocker. Overall, if this one preforms as well, and for as long as my last one, I will ultimately be happy with it, but I just can't believe that Dodge took away so many features that were available 8 years ago on the lower, SE model. One feature that I do absolutely love is the new, taller console. Before, I had to reach down to the floor to get to the car charger. This new, taller center console, makes that so much more convenient.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan

The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan boasts workhorse utility and value, but drivability problems and poor crash tests might send you elsewhere.

We tested a 2015 Grand Caravan in Cars.com's Ultimate Minivan Challenge, which you can read here. A corporate twin to the Chrysler Town & Country (Dodge and Chrysler are both brands of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), the Grand Caravan comes in an economy-priced American Value Package, as well as SE, SXT and R/T trim levels. Compare them here. Beyond some new packages, little has changed for 2015 (compare the 2015 and 2014 Grand Caravan here). We drove an SXT.

Exterior & Styling
FCA's styling mantra is simple: It's a minivan, stupid. Minivan-makers have been trying to... Read More