Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 360 Modena

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
4 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2004 Ferrari 360 Modena?

Most fun car that I've ever owned!!

by Car Nut from New York on Wed Aug 01 2012

I have owned several sports cars, including a Corvette and 2 Porsches. This car is better and way more fun to drive than any car I've ever owned or driven! The steering feel is simply awesome, the sound is breathtaking (I'm not kidding). The looks are unreal. The speed and handling is not like a GTR or any other super fast car, but it definitely is not slow, and easily fast enough to entertain any normal person. I wasn't sure about getting the paddle shifting F1 transmission over a satandard 6 speed, but the more I use it, the more I enjoy it. It doesn't shift as quickly as a dual clutch transmission. It's only a sequential single clutch but it sure is quicker than if a human was shifting. It will also rev match and do perfect heel and toe downshifting, and in sport mode it does awesome double clutch upshifts with lightning speed! This car gets a little more attention than I would like, but I guess it's expected with such a beautiful car. As far as comfort goes, it is a sports car with stiff suspension, so you have to expect a firm ride. The ride is very stable though, and the chassis is very ridgid so it feels very solid. I'm not totally crazy about the stock seats, after about 40 minutes, I get a little achy from them, I think it just hits my upper back in a bad spot. The Daytona optional seats are definitely more comfortable, and worth getting if possible. The interior is very high quality. The materials are nice, it's mostly leather covered, but it is a little spartan. It is definitely classy though. Simple, but classy. I have no regrets on the purchase, and only have one question: Why did I wait so long? It is almost like a drug, I can't stop driving it! If I go 2 days without driving it I start getting anxious to drive it again! I never had that feeling before with any other car, even though I'm a car nut. If you are considering one, just do your research to make sure that it doesn't have any of the "common" issues wrong with it, and make sure all the recalls/campaigns were done on it. Make sure that it had a recent belt service (must be done every 3 years, and cost a few thousand $'s). Also make sure you do a PPI (pre purchase inspection) at a reputable dealer or private shop. This will be a few hundred dollars, but it will be a great investment. Repairs are VERY expensive, you want to minimize that. Take your time and find one that suits your needs and price range, they vary greatly. These cars can vary from $50K to $110K depending on mileage, condition, coupe or convertible, etc. I don't know about reliability yet because I've only owned it for 2 months and 700 miles.