2012 Karma

2012 Fisker Karma

2012 Fisker Karma

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2012 Fisker Karma?

Supercar design at a (relatively) affordable price

by Nroam from Hanover, MD on Tue Mar 21 2017

This is one of very few cars to retain the concept car design almost untouched. It's like driving an eco-spaceship. Estimates put the effective overall per-unit production cost of this car in the neighborhood of $600K. The price is a steal by comparison. Make sure you get a model where both the core high-voltage battery pack and the EV traction motor spline have been replaced - those are the major items that can go wrong if you get an early model.

Best Car ever

by Terrence from Dallas on Tue Mar 17 2015

This is by far the best looking car on the road. It has a few issues, but every car does. Its a piece of Art!!!!!

Fisker Karma supercar

by MF123 from Encino on Wed May 23 2018

This car turns heads every time I drive it. It's one of the most beautiful sports cars on the market and it has the performance to back up its good looks. The car's technology is way ahead of its time.

Love My Fisker

by mikey43 from Palm Beach Fla on Tue Mar 12 2013

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. On the way to the Mercedes Dealer to trade in my 500SL for a new one. Stopped at the Fisker Dealer for a peek. Test drove it for a day and never made it to the Mercedes dealer. Although I am not sure Fisker will ever produce another car (It is currently out of production) I have no regrets purchasing it. The car is by far the best looking vehicle on the road and is a real head turner. I am basically a very conservative individual, but must admit, I love the attention and admiration that the car commands. Since my driving habits rarely exceed 40 miles a day, I am currently getting 115mpg and climbing. Driving habits are the key to determining gas mileage. Although I did not buy it because it was EV--I must admit that it is a real bonus. Don't miss the gas station. Driving is wonderful. Plenty of acceleration for me, don't need 0-60 in 5.0 sec. Interior is beautiful and comfortable. But back seats are definitely hard entry and exit. Glare on Computer Screen is a definite negative. A few other glitches that are annoying but not terrible. They all relate to bugs in the computer program. Expect them to be fixed soon. Can't recommend to friends because of cloudy future of Fisker. But they all love it as much as I do. Too bad the initial reviews were negative. It was a bum rap for Fisker.

Great Electric Car

by Ace from BC, Canada on Mon Sep 08 2014

The car runs very well. I bought it with 4500km and the car was current with the recalls and maintenance. I have not had any issues. Consumer reports gave this car a terrible review, so I will provide feedback to their review. "poor dash controls" Super easy to navigate controls, unless you have no idea how to run a computer which I assume they do not as most cars have giant dials for cool and heat. If you want a car with controls from the 80's then buy an 80's car. "limited visibility," Every car in the world has a blind spot between the main window and the side windows. If you don't like blind spots then ride a motorcycle. The back window is small, but it is a 4 door sports car and that is expected, but it does have a rear video camera so I have no complaints. "a cramped interior" This is not a van it is a 4 door sports car. Interior space for this type of car is very comfortable and spacious, it is a wide car. "awkward access into and out of the seats" This is not a van you may want to do some exercise and lose some weight. Any 2 door car is more awkward to get into. I have no problems getting into this car. Perhaps being 40 years old and not 80 has something to do with it. "an engine that is noisy when running" Most of the time you will be using the electric engine so you wont hear anything. The 260-horsepower direct-injection turbocharged engine slated for the Karma is the most powerful in GM?s Ecotec lineup. It is used in the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, the Pontiac Solstice GXP and the Saturn Sky. How come consumer reports doesn't complain about the engines on these cars? The cabin in a Karma has more sound proofing than these other 3 cars so you will hear even less engine noise than these 3 cars. Consumer reports thinks that if you make a 260 horsepower engine it should make as much noise as a 120horsepower engine? "long battery recharge times" It takes just as long to charge as a Nissan Leaf. You charge it at night when you sleep, who cares if it takes the night. "a small backseat and trunk." Consumer reports should really only review vans. The backseats are large enough to fit 2 adults very comfortably unless they have huge butts and work at consumer reports. "The Karma's heavy, SUV-like weight affects agility and performance" Great job on stating the obvious, so what are you trying to say? How can make a bunch of batteries and a 260hp engine light? If you want to whine at least compare it to another car that has the same features. "the Karma lacks the oomph you would expect" The car goes 0-60mph in 5.9 seconds you must be an idiot, how much faster do you want to go. Great car. Consumer reports sucks.

Eco friendly, fun and luxurious ride

by EVer1 from Seattle, WA on Sun Jun 03 2012

Who says being "green" has to be dowdy? This car, designed from the ground up to be environmentally sensitive is also fun and luxurious, and more than delivers on the environmental promise. With more than 2k miles on my barely 2 month old Karma, I am so glad I took the plunge and bought a new model from a new company. My husband had more "new model" issues with his luxury SUV from a well known German manufacturer than I've had with the Fisker. The only downside? All the gawkers at every venue who want to talk cars - this car turns heads. Its been a controversial car in the media, but the only folks I've heard say bad things about the car don't actually own one. The owners love their ride! Oh, I haven't missed the gas station - I've used just under 7 gallons in more than 2k miles.

Great and Beautiful Eco Friendly Car

by Love Luxury Cars from Dallas, TX on Tue Nov 04 2014

I have to say - I was a little concerned prior to purchasing this vehicle. I truly agree that you have to support new technologies for them to become the norm. I took a risk after doing my research and I truly love my Fisker. Gas mileage is incredible - I only put gas once every three months. I have gotten used to charging on a regular basis and have learned how to conserve my charge based on how I used to drive. The look of this vehicle is by far the best on the road right now. I get more attention than my friend with vehicles that are twice as much to purchase and maintain. For this being a first time production and independent company - I am truly amazed at the reliability. I expected to have a multitude of problems, but I guess since I did my research before my purchase, I ended up with a gem.

Best designed and manufactured hybrid out there

by JCM_4494 from Orlando,fl on Mon Dec 12 2011

Its an all around blast to drive and the design is of course the added bonus. Nothing like it on the road or even in comparison. Definite head turner and people ask me all the time what is that thing and all i say is its karma

The 2012 Fisker Karma review

by KK from on Tue Dec 17 2013

i love this car i do reccomend it for others who are looking in to purchasing the car soon so for those who are looking or have friends that are looking for a car i really do think this is a option so come to this website cars.com

Hogan

by Terrence1 from Chicago on Tue Apr 10 2018

Best looking car I ever bought and the interior is beautiful the min I jump in this bat mobile all eyes r on me what feeling

1 2

Our Take on the 2012 Fisker Karma

Many predicted the Fisker Karma extended-range electric car would never come, but the 2012 Karma is here. California-based Fisker Automotive says it has built more than 2,000 of the exotic four-door, four-seat sedan that it's selling through 46 dealerships in North America.

The controversial 2012 Fisker Karma plug-in hybrid is an unknown quantity that has its faults, but in principle it might be a more viable approach than the "affordable" plug-ins now proliferating.

The Fisker Karma's launch came more than a year behind schedule, and the delays led the Department of Energy to freeze payments from a $529 million loan granted Fisker to develop a more affordable car, the Nina... Read More