2005 Gmc Safari

GMC Safari fan

by from Carson City, NV on November 23, 2014

I own a 2001 GMC Safari AWD SLT that has 143,000 miles on it. It has been very reliable and gets >17.5 mpg doing package delivery in northern Nevada. It drives well, feels planted on the road and is rattle free. With regular maintenance this van should easily eclipse 200K miles. I added a cold air intake system and a chip in place of the air temp sensor on the engine to improve performance and MPG. With the rear seats removed you can stuff a lot into it.

Good vehicle for what I use it for.

by from Allentown, PA on October 24, 2006

My wife and I own a residential cleaning business. We have three Safari's in our business. They haul a crew of 4 and all of the equipment they need for the day. Two of them are AWD. The old one is not but I'm replacing that one with a 2005 Safari AWD in spring 2007. You can pick them up pretty cheap due to low resale value. I can usually get a dealer down by about $1,500 to $1,800. from their price without a trade in. I would never have bought a new one as there are too many repairs to warrant GM's price when they were new. Power window motors and switches, mirror switches, door handles inside and outside go bad way too often. That's O.K. if you can replace them yourself, which is very easy, and you can buy the van cheap enough. For hauling you can't beat them and with normal maintenence the engines run forever.

Most Room of any Mini-van

by from Wheaton, MD on October 31, 2007

We've owned an Astro or Safari for 14 years. Used as a 'family' hauler seating up to 8 comfortably. With the 2nd and 3rd row out the vehicle becomes a mini-hauler. Has the power to tow up to 6,500 pounds from a V6 motor without strain.

05 safari

by from Bemidji, MN on December 10, 2010

Lousy vehicle, handles terrible on ice even in AWD. It has 120,000 miles on it and the engine rattles like a bunch of marbles in a coffee can. Vehicle is obviously not built to last.

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2005 gmc safari

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.