2008 Savana 1500

1 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
4 out of 5 stars Performance
1 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2008 GMC Savana 1500?

Does what I bought it to do very well.

by growingoldoffensively from Rockford, Illinois on Tue May 15 2012

Needed a vehicle for towing my boat, fishing vacations, and occasional transportation of as many as 8 people to family functions. Had to have something that would also be able to climb my steep driveway when it's covered with snow and ice. Didn't want to burn my last year's pay before retirement buying it either. Comfort: Van is quite comfortable on long trips. Performance: As expected. Van is big and heavy. I can trounce a school bus or loaded semi at the stoplight grand prix even if I am towing my 2,750 lbs. boat and hauling a cabin load of vacation stuff. Gas mileage? Vehicle nicknamed Global Warming. Any questions? I knew mileage was awful before I bought it. Exterior styling? We're talking about a van. It is butt-ugly. They're all 4 wheeled boxes with weak attempts at aerodynamics. They're all ugly. Interior styling is really cheap looking in some areas. (driver & passenger side front arm rests feel like they'll fall off if you look at them wrong). At best interior is simply okay. But it is huge. Surprised it doesn't have its own zip code. Get the rear passenger area heating and air conditioning. Vehicle is quite comfortable on long trips. GM could get rid of 95% of the interior rattles by simply putting a piece of rubber strip between the bench seats and the floor. I know. I did. Makes a huge difference. I contacted GMC about it. They never responded. Value for the money: Vehicle does exactly what I bought it for very, well. And it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Very pleased with it. Reliability: Not a single repair needed. Buy another one of these tomorrow. If your needs are like mine I give the vehicle my highest recommendation.

Uses car for Towing