2009 Accord

2009 Honda Accord

2009 Honda Accord

4.4

Have you driven the 2009 Honda Accord?

Owner of 2009 Honda Accord EX-L, 4 cylinder

by UW Panther from Milwaukee, WI on Tue Mar 01 2011

I would like to share my experience with other people interested in the car. At first, I thought that a car as big as this generation Accord can not be a driver's car. To my pleasant surprise, its handling is very controllable and acceleration is very decent for a 4 cylinder car of this size and weight. Steering is very intuitive with good feedback and there is no need to make extra corrections as I found in some vehicles. The steering weight is just right, not too heavy nor is it light. I thought there would be reliability issues as many people stated problems with premature brake pads wearout. I've been driving the car for 1.5 years, have around 15000 miles and my brake pads are as good as new, no premature wearout whatsoever, and no any other problems. All in all, I am very pleased with my Accord. It meets, if not exceeds, all my expectations. Great driving behavior, good mileage and reliability.

Saved my Life

by Crushed from San Diego, CA on Fri Jan 07 2011

Got this car in Sept of 2009 new. Made several trips between TX and CA in addition to everyday travels. Loved the sleak exterior design and plenty of room inside for two large dogs, my husband and myself with plenty of storage for the long rides and easy to clean. Put 30,000 miles on it in one year and never had a single problem! Got into an accident last week in it, pulling out from a red light got hit in the front driver's side by a guy going 50mph. The front end was shifted 2 feet to the right, talk about a hard impact! My husband and I were able to get out of the car and walk away with no injuries. The resale value we got for the pay-out was more than to be expected. Needless to say we were very happy with this car in every way and look forward to purchasing a 2010 or 2011 accord here in the next week!

Excellent car

by orgelpenguin from Ann Arbor, MI on Sun Dec 30 2012

This car is proof of Honda holding true to their reputation of building excellent, reliable cars. Very roomy. A good choice for someone who is tall. I am 6'1" and actually had to move the drivers seat forward when I first got inside. Even with the front seats all the way back, there is good leg room for those sitting in the back seat. Very fuel efficient. I have gotten up to 34 MPG on the highway. With judicious driving, one can stretch a full tank (about 17 gallons) quite far. The 4-cylinder engine provides decent getup. Nothing about which to write home. If you're looking for a zippy little thing, the Civic might be for you. The center console has quite a few buttons, many of which are small, so its easy to hit two by accident. After a while, you figure out where things are there. I have owned my Accord for six months and have never had a problem. As with most things, it will last as long as it is cared for properly and treated with respect. I highly recommend this car to anyone. Bravo, Honda!

Great car!

by Jackson from Ann Arbor, Michigan on Tue Mar 24 2009

Great performance with the 271 h.p. Love the shifting in the 5 speed automatic. Low emissions mean alot to us. Using it for pleasure with both hwy and city driving equally. Leather is real nice and plenty of room for friends in the back seat for a night out on the town.

Duffy

by Duffy from Vestal, New Year on Sun Oct 23 2011

Road noise was my biggest issue! The original Michelin Pilot tires were alot of the problem. I put on Goodyear Comfortred tires and 50% of the road noise is gone. Took me 2 years to figure this out. I was ready to get rid of the car but now it is a joy to take trips in. V6 is a great motor for the highway, lots of get up and go!

Quality, reliable, and comfortable

by Wisconsin Accord Owner from Milwaukee, WI on Tue Oct 12 2010

I have an 2009 Honda Accord EX-L with 4 cylinder engine. For a 4-cyl, it has pretty good pickup. Gets me 27 MPG in mixed driving. The extras are worth it. The integrated navigation is easy to use, and Bluetooth eliminates the distraction of fumbling with your phone while driving. XM radio is fully built in and very convenient. The back seat is very comfortable for 2 adults, and the trunk holds at least 3 suitcases. The ride is comfortable, but the road noise is higher than you might expect. Things to improve: make the passenger seat power (the driver's is), and it should have rear seat air vents. Since I have all the bells and whistles, it eliminates some of the storage. Nice center console, but the glove box is quite small and the only cup holders in the back seat are in the center arm rest (and thus unusable if you have 3 in the back seat).

This car saved my life

by Thank You Honda from on Sat Feb 15 2014

I have little bad to say about this car. The rear brake pads wore relatively quickly, but otherwise I never had to take it in for service and it had 70k miles on it. Unfortunately, a driver t-boned my vehicle at 45 mph and the car is totaled. Considering the speed of impact and size of the other car, I could've been severely injured, but the curtain airbags and safety features protected me enough that I walked away with nothing but a glass cut and bruises. If safety is a concern, I would definitely trust this vehicle again.

2009 Honda Accord sedan EXL 4 cyl. autotrans !

by Toby from Asheville, N.C. on Mon Apr 25 2011

This car is wonderfully very good ! I drive 30,000 miles per year, and this is so much fun for ME for years ! I will only have a HONDA for the rest of MY life !

My first and most reliable!

by Bushra and sons:-) from Guelph, Ontario on Sun May 28 2017

I'd bought this pre-owned vehicle three years ago and there's never been a single moment that I ever regretted my purchase. It had over two hundred thousand mileage yet this car was as good as new. Definitely reliable ...so buy smart and look for a Honda!

MOST RELIABLE CAR I'VE OWNED

by ECONOMY AND PERFORMANCE from MARION, OHIO on Sat Jan 30 2010

AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENT SEATS ARE GREAT. I LOVE THE 6 DISC PLAYER. I LOVE THE FRONT WINDOW AND MIRROW DEFOGGER.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

Our Take on the 2009 Honda Accord

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2007 about the 2008 Honda Accord. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2009, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

As the second-best-selling car in the U.S., Honda's Accord promises to be one of the most significant introductions of the 2008 model year. In typical Honda style, the automaker is letting the product do the talking, foregoing a formal auto show introduction before the Accord hits dealerships in September. Honda's best-selling model gets an extensive redesign that includes all-new styling inside and out, a spacious rear seat for the sedan, more standard safety features... Read More