2009 Accord

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Owner of 2009 Honda Accord EX-L, 4 cylinder

by UW Panther from Milwaukee, WI on March 1, 2011

I would like to share my experience with other people interested in the car. At first, I thought that a car as big as this generation Accord can not be a driver's car. To my pleasant surprise, its handling is very controllable and acceleration is very decent for a 4 cylinder car of this size and weight. Steering is very intuitive with good feedback and there is no need to make extra corrections as I found in some vehicles. The steering weight is just right, not too heavy nor is it light. I thought there would be reliability issues as many people stated problems with premature brake pads wearout. I've been driving the car for 1.5 years, have around 15000 miles and my brake pads are as good as new, no premature wearout whatsoever, and no any other problems. All in all, I am very pleased with my Accord. It meets, if not exceeds, all my expectations. Great driving behavior, good mileage and reliability.

Saved my Life

by Crushed from San Diego, CA on January 7, 2011

Got this car in Sept of 2009 new. Made several trips between TX and CA in addition to everyday travels. Loved the sleak exterior design and plenty of room inside for two large dogs, my husband and myself with plenty of storage for the long rides and easy to clean. Put 30,000 miles on it in one year and never had a single problem! Got into an accident last week in it, pulling out from a red light got hit in the front driver's side by a guy going 50mph. The front end was shifted 2 feet to the right, talk about a hard impact! My husband and I were able to get out of the car and walk away with no injuries. The resale value we got for the pay-out was more than to be expected. Needless to say we were very happy with this car in every way and look forward to purchasing a 2010 or 2011 accord here in the next week!

Excellent car

by orgelpenguin from Ann Arbor, MI on December 30, 2012

This car is proof of Honda holding true to their reputation of building excellent, reliable cars. Very roomy. A good choice for someone who is tall. I am 6'1" and actually had to move the drivers seat forward when I first got inside. Even with the front seats all the way back, there is good leg room for those sitting in the back seat. Very fuel efficient. I have gotten up to 34 MPG on the highway. With judicious driving, one can stretch a full tank (about 17 gallons) quite far. The 4-cylinder engine provides decent getup. Nothing about which to write home. If you're looking for a zippy little thing, the Civic might be for you. The center console has quite a few buttons, many of which are small, so its easy to hit two by accident. After a while, you figure out where things are there. I have owned my Accord for six months and have never had a problem. As with most things, it will last as long as it is cared for properly and treated with respect. I highly recommend this car to anyone. Bravo, Honda!

Great car!

by Jackson from Ann Arbor, Michigan on March 24, 2009

Great performance with the 271 h.p. Love the shifting in the 5 speed automatic. Low emissions mean alot to us. Using it for pleasure with both hwy and city driving equally. Leather is real nice and plenty of room for friends in the back seat for a night out on the town.

Duffy

by Duffy from Vestal, New Year on October 23, 2011

Road noise was my biggest issue! The original Michelin Pilot tires were alot of the problem. I put on Goodyear Comfortred tires and 50% of the road noise is gone. Took me 2 years to figure this out. I was ready to get rid of the car but now it is a joy to take trips in. V6 is a great motor for the highway, lots of get up and go!

Quality, reliable, and comfortable

by Wisconsin Accord Owner from Milwaukee, WI on October 12, 2010

I have an 2009 Honda Accord EX-L with 4 cylinder engine. For a 4-cyl, it has pretty good pickup. Gets me 27 MPG in mixed driving. The extras are worth it. The integrated navigation is easy to use, and Bluetooth eliminates the distraction of fumbling with your phone while driving. XM radio is fully built in and very convenient. The back seat is very comfortable for 2 adults, and the trunk holds at least 3 suitcases. The ride is comfortable, but the road noise is higher than you might expect. Things to improve: make the passenger seat power (the driver's is), and it should have rear seat air vents. Since I have all the bells and whistles, it eliminates some of the storage. Nice center console, but the glove box is quite small and the only cup holders in the back seat are in the center arm rest (and thus unusable if you have 3 in the back seat).

Eats OIl

by ROBELL from eastern PA on November 27, 2015

This car has been using oil since it went past 50,000 miles . Last oil change it used 3 quarts in 750 miles. Took back to deal for oil consumption test and after 800 was none on dip stick . Took back and they said to let sit for 15 min when you check . No oil in the pan means no oil in anything else that needs it . That means cam ,crank ,and pistons had no oil . Engine relies on oil in the pan as its supply . So they added oil and now 500 latter no oil on the stick. I am original owner and used to be mechanic so do know how cars and engines operate. Don't buy there is a recall on this but good luck trying to collect.

Does not recommend this car!!

This car saved my life

by Thank You Honda from on February 15, 2014

I have little bad to say about this car. The rear brake pads wore relatively quickly, but otherwise I never had to take it in for service and it had 70k miles on it. Unfortunately, a driver t-boned my vehicle at 45 mph and the car is totaled. Considering the speed of impact and size of the other car, I could've been severely injured, but the curtain airbags and safety features protected me enough that I walked away with nothing but a glass cut and bruises. If safety is a concern, I would definitely trust this vehicle again.

2009 Honda Accord sedan EXL 4 cyl. autotrans !

by Toby from Asheville, N.C. on April 25, 2011

This car is wonderfully very good ! I drive 30,000 miles per year, and this is so much fun for ME for years ! I will only have a HONDA for the rest of MY life !

MOST RELIABLE CAR I'VE OWNED

by ECONOMY AND PERFORMANCE from MARION, OHIO on January 30, 2010

AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENT SEATS ARE GREAT. I LOVE THE 6 DISC PLAYER. I LOVE THE FRONT WINDOW AND MIRROW DEFOGGER.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16