2006 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 5 reviews

Doesn't Seem Like a Hybrid

by from DC on January 3, 2007

The car has a tremendous amount of horsepower and hence acceleration for a car billed as a hybrid. Granted, it will not provide 50 mpg mileage, however it is not uncommon for the car to provide 40mpg at 65mph if the cruise control is set and a constant cruise speed maintained. It is a large mid-sized car with contemporary styling that is appealing. The navigation system is very useful. One very nice thing is that the car comes loaded with the only options being the color and whether or not to get navigation. Perhaps the lack of 50mpg highway mileage is related to the fact that the car is not a "hybrid" as in battery powered, it uses variable cylinder technology as well as an electric motor boost to assist acceleration and an automatic engine stop when the car is stopped at a stoplight, etc. without a shutdown or noticeable difference in radio, air conditioning etc.. Very, very happy with the purchase and though it is about a thousand pounds lighter than and not as prestigious as the other mid sized car with similar mileage (billed as 37mpg at highway speeds), the E-series diesel, the savings in excess of 30,000 given comparable outfitting is simply amazing and has left me with no regrets.

Excellent car for the money

by from Dallas, TX on June 6, 2011

Gets about 27-29 mpg in city and around 33-35 mpg on the road. Rides well with good styling and is very comfortable. This may not get the 50 mpg that some get, but its stable on the road & not subject to being blown around because its so lightweight.

2006 Honda Accord V6 Hybrid

by from A Utah Mountain Valley on July 8, 2014

Too bad Honda didn't continue to improve, promote, and sell the Accord V6 Hybrid. It would probably be the best automotive value, and one of the best cars, on the market. I am very pleased with mine, especially its bonus of both improved performance and improved mileage over the standard V6. I also appreciate its standard traction control and electronic vehicle stability control. The ride isn't as smooth as I am used to, probably because of the shorter wheelbase, but I do like its handling on 'snaky' roads. I definitely recommend it, though I would have preferred a low mileage 2007 model, but couldn't find one that met my preferences within five hundred miles of my mountain valley home. My next goal is to move up to its big brother, the Acura RLX V6 Sport Hybrid SH-AWD; the only V6 Hybrid sedan I know of that is currently on the market.

great car

by from St. peters, Missouri on September 1, 2012

My 06 accord hybrid has 154000 miles and I havent needed to do any maintenance except oil changes. Reliability is legendary

Transmission is a common problem

by from Syracuse, NY on September 19, 2015

I've had a bad experience with this car. for the two years I've had it, I loved it. Up until my transmission got shot. If you do enough research, there's no recalls AT ALL on this version of the accord. On every other version of the Accord Honda actually put a recall out on the transmission control system, except for this version. I found out on top of that transmissions are a recurring problem with Hondas overall, and do need to be replaced semi-often. With the hybrid, it has a special tranny that are hard to find and prices are around 1200-1500 used, 2500 new. Mine went at 138K, so just beware of that.