2014 Honda Accord Hybrid consumer reviews

Explore the 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid
Shop the 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid
4.4

A balance of Economy and Performance

I've put nearly 10,000 miles on my Accord Hybrid so far. I've averaged about 46 MPG with many of those miles coming over the recent cold winter. Using the heat can really take a hit especially on shorter trips. In the summer months I've averaged 60-65 MPG in town. On several road trips I've averaged right around 45 MPG. Favorite Features: Comfort, handling, amazing MPG especially for the size and power of the vehicle. Suggested Improvements: Improve voice recognition, better infotainment functionality. less engine revving when accelerating.

Great Car

Great car. Unbelievable mileage had first fill up at 615 miles and got 45 mpg out of the first tank. The Honda entertainment system is a bit strange and the Hondalink smart phone app does not work . The car however is excellent. The reliability rating is required to post the review however it should be ignored.

Beats MPG

The Accord hybrid consistently beats the estimated MPG on my daily commute. My commute is 21 miles each way split city/hwy. I'm averaging 55 MPG per trip with a one-way maximum of 62 MPG!

Remember, you are buying Gas Mileage

Love the ride, the 41 MPG AVG and exterior/interior design thus far. I traded in Toyota Camry Hybrid and much nicer car. If I had to nitpick, here are 3 items to be aware of: 1) You don't have much acceleration - it's a hybrid people. 2) Would be good if there were a few more little spots up front to stash $, coins, pens, etc. 3) Head Room for passengers in back a bit low - if you have two 6 feet + sons. Still a Great Buy !

Great Car

Really Enjoying this Hybrid. Traded in a Lexus 300 Hybrid which was a nice car but this is better. Looking forward to delivery of 2015 FIT I have on order

Impressed!

Just got the car within the last 2 weeks. I got over 900 miles to one tank of gas! In this time I have gotten on a trip around town 63 miles per gallon(14 mile trip). I had a friendly dash with a friend(Scion FRS), and beat him. If you want great gas milage it is there, if you want some thrills its there too!

Best new car I've owned in 50 years.

My 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring car looks, feels, and drives great. It has all the bells and whistles and still provides the best mileage in class. No compromises are required. My only quibbles are with the weak dealer and financing network. On May 8 I took delivery of the car and received my contract. It indicated how much to pay and when. It did not have an account number or an address. I needed both to make a payment. I prodded both the dealer and Honda Financial Services to get the information I needed to pay my first/final payment on time on June 7. I got it in time to pay on line, just. Great car. Finance elsewhere.

Love the car which deserves all the kudos

I've had my new Accord Hybrid Touring vehicle for two months and love everything about it. I would never guess I was driving a hybrid. It is zippy! I'm used to driving our second car which is a Toyota Prius which groans during acceleration. The new Accord Hybrid is averaging about 40 mpg overall and has the zip of my V-6 Camry XLE that averaged only 20 mpg. The car is quiet, super comfortable and loaded with safety features I couldn't get on any Toyota or Lexus in this price range. I'd have to spend another $10K to get comparable features. The trunk is definitely on the modest size, but for the two of us, it handles our big trips for supplies at Costco just fine and has reformed me from carrying around all kinds of things I never use for years in the trunk. I was tempted by the safety features on the Suburu Outback, but the relatively poor gas mileage convinced me to go with the Accord Hybrid.

Stepping in to this Century

It is still fairly new to us and we are learning about all the features. Have to get used to all the different information the car gives us - kinda fun! At this point, we love it! Our other vehicle is a 2013 CRV. This new Hybrid is our 9th Honda. Love our Hondas!!!!!

Like This Car

EX-L The first weekend we had the car we took a 650 mile round trip on the PA Turnpike getting 47.5 mpg. The next two weeks were local city/town driving with a mpg of 55. I drive in ECON mode and have enough acceleration for passing and merging. When a little extra is needed I turn off ECON. I use the B gear like a downshift on a stick shift. The car definitely slows and the battery charge rate increases. Cornering is better than I expected, as the car seems to hug the road. The car is roomy and confortable and the electronics (radio, Bluetooth, etc) work as advertised. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Collision Detection can get annoying but I keep them on to judge my driving. LDW is a good reminder to use turn signals to avoid being beeped at. The right-turn video was very helpful for merging on the Turnpike. The trunk size is a downer. We took our luggage to the dealer and packed the trunk before we bought and decided we could live with the small trunk. My wife likes the exterior style. We have no regrets and feel we made a great choice.