2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

Best Allround Compact SUV

by SeattleMom from Seattle, WA on Tue Jan 31 2012

I downsized from my well equipped Yukon XL to the 2012 CRV EX-L w/Nav. I extensively (obsessively) researched the competition and cost of ownership before selecting this car. The exterior styling is sleek and a bit tougher looking than the old model. The interior is exceptional with extensive tech features and a luxury feel. Two features, I greatly appreciate and wouldn't have noticed prior to using the car are: 1) the center console makes an excellent, secure handbag rest, a small detail that matters in daily use; and 2) the lower cargo area makes the loading/unloading of backpacks, sports gear, musical instruments, etc. much easier for my teens - so much so that they comment on it!

I WALKED AWAY FROM A HEAD ON COLLISION

by HONDA MY FIRST from BIG ISLAND HAWAII on Tue Aug 27 2013

TODAY IS 8/27/13 AND 3 DAYS AGO I WAS DRIVING MY 2011 CRV WHEN I WAS HIT HEAD ON BY AN ON-COMING VEHICLE THAT I BELIEVE DRIFTED INTO MY TURN LANE. ONE ESTIMATE WAS THAT HE MAY HAVE BEEN GOING 50 MPH. I WAS STOPPED. I WALKED AWAY FROM THE CRASH SCENE WITH ONLY BRUISING FROM THE AIR-BAG. I BELIEVE MY VEHICLE WILL BE TOTALED. I WILL BE SHOPPING FOR A REPLACEMENT CRV WHEN THE INSURANCE CHECK COMES IN.

one of the best buys for everyday use

by Oklahoman from Madill, OK on Sat May 12 2012

For me this is one of the best available vehicles for the everyday use. It really offers a lot for the money (I bought my EX-L with RES for just over 25k in Northern Texas). For the same money you won't get as much Toyota RAV4 etc. The driving experience, handling, steering, comfort are very good. The brakes could be a bit stronger. The performance of the 4 cyl engine is also more than sufficient (acceleration is more than appropriate if one shifts the automatic gears) and it gets great gas mileage (I can get 26-28 mpg in town and 34-36 mpg on the freeway). The finish and feeling inside are also very good and in my opinion close to the quality offered by German manufacturers in the compact/mid-size segment. I definately recommend the 2012 CRV. A Diesel engine (6 manual gears with ~180hp and AWD) similar to what Mazda will soon offer for the CX5, would also be an ideal option for the CRV.

Quite happy!

by accountant from Orlando, FL on Tue Apr 03 2012

I've had the CR-V EX-L navi for two weeks. 300 miles. I keep it in econ mode all the time and I think it does help mpg. I drove about 20 miles on mostly highway for the first time today and got 36mpg on that trip. I have gotten 26-28mpg on shorter in town trips with light traffic. I'm thrilled with the gas mileage. I had considered getting the prius v but couldn't get past the station wagon look of it. I had a pilot previously and it was just too big for me. It's taken me a bit to get used to the smaller size but I'm really liking how easy it is to judge and drive this car. Navi works well, voice commands are not always intuitive, but I imagine I'll remember them after a while or if you have a passenger with you, they can help read the book while you're driving. I love being able to play music through my jump drive or android phone. Even an untechy person like myself has figured out how to do this. Overall, I'm very pleased with the car.

Perfect vehicle

by Speedy Gonzales from Oklahoma City on Fri Jun 01 2012

I've driven my CR-V EX-L now for ~2700 miles, and my enthusiasm for this little SUV keeps growing. In the beginning (Jan 2012) I was merely looking for something that makes a lot of sense, so the new CR-V model, which is offered at very low prices (my EX-L for little over 25k) was one of the obvious candidates: resale value is good, reliability scores are at the max., interior finish is nice, storage compartment is huge. When I test-drove the CR-V I was also impressed by the little road noise, the good handling and the direct steering. It drives like a sedan (or wagon) rather than a SUV. The only characteristic I wasn't really happy with in the beginning was the acceleration, BUT this changed A LOT, actually much more than with any other car I ever owned. After 1500 miles there was already a very clear improvement of the acceleration from the stand, and after 2500 miles I honestly don't know why a 6 cylinder engine would be necessary for this SUV. If you read something else in car reviews then this is probably because those professional test-drivers had a brand-new engine that was as sluggish as mine in the beginning. The 185 hp engine is more than adequate for this vehicle ! Another very impressive feature of the new CR-V is the fuel efficiency. 26-27 mpg around town and 33-35 mpg on the freeway are no problem. These numbers decrease by 2-3 mpg when the A/C is turned on. Conclusion: I'm extremely happy with this new Honda CR-V and I think I will keep it for a long time. This vehicle is perfect for >90% of the rides one needs to do. For the other 10% I have a little German sports car and the truck from a friend of mine :-)

Life is Gooood!

by Ready to Roll from Haysville, KS on Thu Feb 23 2012

My wife, Jo, has recently retired and chose the 2012 Honda CRV-EX-L AWD with NAVIGATION for her new car. We have had it for only a few days & love the way it looks and drives. All I can say is I knew we made the right decision when she was driving it around & called me using the blue-tooth phone and said: "Life is Gooood! :-)

My Second CRV at 2000 Km

by Bill in Toronto, Canada from Toronto, ON on Sun Apr 08 2012

Nice refinements from my 2008 CRV EX-L. It is a bit quieter and I like the exterior styling improvements - 2008 looked like it had an over-bite. Love the backup camera, electric steering has positive feel, ECON feature is great on shift point adjustments but minimal impact on fuel economy. While new rear seat design is great there are two two interior design negatives: miss the removable rear deck (was great for grocery shopping - new tonneau useless); and, full front console eliminates floor space that was great for my wife's handbag.

SUV Sure Bet

by CC in CRV from Boston, MA on Fri Oct 19 2012

I didn't start out thinking I would buy a CR-V. But I wanted an affordable SUV with good gas mileage and space. I test drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee (loved it, but pricey), sat in a Subaru Impreza (I didn't fit, at 6' 3"), drove the Outback & Forester (wife didn't like the way the wheel vibrated during highway driving and it didn't "feel" right), Kia Soul (great looks, not enough room) and Sorento (didn't wow me). We wanted AWD, so were thinking we'd settle for the Forester. But we decided to try the 2012 CR-V. As soon as we got into one and even before driving off the lot, we LOVED it! It had pep, was easy to drive, and had ample legroom in the front and rear. The back seats were so easy to fold down, opening up to 71 sqft, which was best in class (needed for college moving). And we loved the standard features on the base LX, which included a blind spot mirror design, rear back-up camera, wheel mounted controls (new for me), Bluetooth HandsfreeLink, ECON mode, AWD, and all kinds of digital metric goodies. The topper is that after 2000+ miles, I get over 28 mpg in heavily mixed driving. The best was 36 mpg on the highway. And I'm saving $20+/wk at the gas pump, easy. It's not all roses, though; I have to be careful about bumping my head on the rear hatch when unloading. But I'll take that! Plus, my wife loves driving it, and she's not crazy about SUVs. I highly recommend this one.

alternator

by bad luck guy from Oakland, CA on Mon Apr 21 2014

I have 2 Honda cars which have been running great that encouraged me to stay with the brand. I bought another CRV in July 2012. I've used this car most on the freeway as well as driving to and from LA several times. Unfortunately, in these few days, the CRV couldn't start. I thought the battery had died out, which I believe the battery shouldn't last for less than 2 years. I turned the car to my mechanic for checking. It was diagnosed that the alternator is bad. The new alternator would cost me more than $600 from the dealer. I am so upset that this has happened to me. I wonder if there's any other CRV owners who have come across with this problem or can offer any advice?

Does not recommend this car!!

My Second CRV comes in First

by Mr. 7 Hondas from Florida on Sat Sep 15 2012

I bought an '03 CRV and drove it for 10 years. Great SUV, crossover or whatever you want to call it. Never had any problems with it except for replacing the AC compressor after 100K. (Florida is murder on AC.) Liked it so much, I bought a '12 model. Beats the '03 in advanced design, handling, fuel economy, etc. The only thing I don't like is the rear hatch door that has to be forcefully closed to latch. Fact is though, that Honda is the best engineered, most advanced car on the planet. I love this car the best of the seven Hondas that I've purchased new. Many of my Hondas were rated first in the years they came out. Same with this CRV. What else can you ask for? I'm a guy who values quality and reliability. This CRV delivers.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn't stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It's easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V's interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers' must-test lists.

What's New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it, with... Read More