2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

Great Vehicle

by by pumpkinlily from Vermont on Thu Apr 05 2012

I normally read reviews not give them but in this case I decided to. I test drove 5 different brand SUV's and it came down to choosing between the Toyota RAV4 & the Honda CRV. I have been a Toyota customer over the years and have to say I am now a Honda customer. I just traded my 2007 Highlander for a 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L and so glad I did. The redesigned CR-V seemed the best value for the money and it is really great to drive and is great on gas, too. Another reason for choosing the CR-V. For a 4 cylinder vehicle it drives relatively quiet (unlike some other 4 cylinder vehicles feel like you are driving a go-cart) and is very easy to handle. I am a short person and the seating and steering adjustments are awesome - even for tall people. The backup camera is a really cool feature. The dashboard is laid out nicely and the interior is comfortable. I have never had leather or heated seats in a vehicle before and now I know what I have been missing. The leather quality isn't as nice as other vehicles I have been in but no complaints about it. The interior is relatively spacious and doesn't feel claustrophobic. The color choices are nice and even though I have never really cared about what the exterior color of my vehicle is I decided on the White Diamond Pearl color which is really sharp looking but in my area is VERY hard to come by apparently. My salesman was so great in finding me one in the EX-L model it resembles the Volvo XC60. I usually keep my vehicles for at least 5 to 6 years and would buy another Honda CR-V EX-L.

alternator

by bad luck guy from Oakland, CA on Mon Apr 21 2014

I have 2 Honda cars which have been running great that encouraged me to stay with the brand. I bought another CRV in July 2012. I've used this car most on the freeway as well as driving to and from LA several times. Unfortunately, in these few days, the CRV couldn't start. I thought the battery had died out, which I believe the battery shouldn't last for less than 2 years. I turned the car to my mechanic for checking. It was diagnosed that the alternator is bad. The new alternator would cost me more than $600 from the dealer. I am so upset that this has happened to me. I wonder if there's any other CRV owners who have come across with this problem or can offer any advice?

Life is Gooood!

by Ready to Roll from Haysville, KS on Thu Feb 23 2012

My wife, Jo, has recently retired and chose the 2012 Honda CRV-EX-L AWD with NAVIGATION for her new car. We have had it for only a few days & love the way it looks and drives. All I can say is I knew we made the right decision when she was driving it around & called me using the blue-tooth phone and said: "Life is Gooood! :-)

Great car - amazing value

by New parent car buyer from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Sep 15 2012

As new parents, we begrudgingly decided to trade in our reliable (and awesome) 05 Civic Hybrid. We also looked at the Mazda CX5 (we also own a Mazda3 which we love) and the new 13 Ford Escape. The CX5 and the Escape had some superior features -- the CX5 handles better, the Escape felt much more powerful. But the humble CRV was by far the best "all around." And more important was the fact that the CRV offered the best value. We paid almost $2k below invoice for a base model, which included "extras" like a backup camera and Bluetooth connectivity, both of which would not have come on the base models of the other cars we considered. One more pleasant surprise: real-world gas mileage is true to the stats advertised by Honda. (Shocking, I know.)

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

by Honda CRV 2012 from Elmwood Park, IL on Mon Aug 10 2015

I have never received worse customer service. I have had an issue with my car since day 1. It makes an awful noise when starting it in cold weather. Honda has replaced my actuator twice thinking that would solve the issue. It hasn’t. I have called customer service to file a claim as I was told to do by the Honda location where I bought my car. Customer service had no answers for me and even refused to let me speak to a manager, just kept telling me they are working on the issue. Well it has been 3 years! How much longer do they need to give me some sort of an answer’! I will never buy another Honda only due to their terrible customer service. Clearly all they care about if your money and not making sure you are happy with what you are paying for.

Glad I Bought It

by Carioca from St Petersburg, FL on Sat May 26 2012

I am admittedly a big fan of Honda. This is my first CR-V and I am very pleased with its performance, handling, style and cargo capacity. It is easy and comfortable to drive, including for long distances, and it's substantial cargo capacity has already saved us a good bit of money in delivery fees since we can fit even fairly large pieces of furniture in the car. I would buy it again without hesitation.

Happy! Happy!! Happy!!!

by Jfred from Loves Park, IL on Mon Aug 13 2012

I just purchased the 2012 CR-V 2WD EX-L with Nav and love it! The Basque Red color with the optional rear hatch spoiler really make this car stand out. I also added the body side moldings and the splash guards. I have had tons of positive comments about the looks of the car. The one option that would really make this car and color click would be chrome wheels! Too bad they don't offer this yet. I took the car on its first road trip this past weekend, putting 231 miles on it - probably 30/70 percent city/highway mileage and averaged 32.9 mpg! Even though the EPA rates it at 31 mpg max, I didn't expect to get that and certainly didn't expect 32.9 mpg. This was achieved with the ECON function on all the time. The small 185 hp 2.4 liter engine provided an acceptable amount of power, even in passing mode. It actually surpised me the first time I passed someone. Overall, my first impressions of the car are extremely positive with absolutely no regrets with it yet.

After 2 years of ownership or 24000 miles...

by Oklahoman from Madill, OK on Tue Jan 28 2014

I want to comment on my CRV EXL before I trade it in tomorrow for a BMW X1, which is somewhat smaller but more fun. 1. The CRV certainly is comfortable. Long distances on the nice front seats were a joy. Suspension is great. 2. it was always very reliable. No issues whatsoever. 3. it also was remarkably fuel efficient. At normal temperatures (70 deg F) I was able to achieve almost 40 mpg (!) on freeways (65 mph) and major roads in the Dallas area. On average I probably got 27-28 mpg over the 2 years. 4. Exterior styling around the front and seen from the side is quite nice, whereas the back is boring and looks like an old lady. 5. Interior styling is ok, but many materials are cheap hard plastic even in the EXL model. 6. Performance is absolutely sufficient but not more than that. It's not a drivers' car. However, I still don't see why people would want a 6 cylinder engine in this car; racing is not in its genes. I could imagine a nice 4 cylinder 2.0T engine in the next generation CRV, which would further bump up fuel efficiency. 7. Value for the money is great if compared to CRV prices elsewhere (e.g. Europe). In the US market the value is still ok, although I think a Honda Accord Sport, some vehicles of other manufacturers or my new pick offer even more for the buck. Resale value of the CRV is a pleasure, especially knowing how little I had to pay for the EXL model at the beginning of 2012 just after Honda had experienced a few less successful years. In summa, I think the CRV is a great pick for families and people who need to haul stuff but don't need a thrill ride. Well done Honda! I'm looking forward to something new and more exciting now.

CR-V=Crave! Awesome SUV-Crossover

by NewHondaGuy from Erie County, NY on Mon Dec 26 2011

Just took delivery of our Honda dealer's first 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L (with Navigation and entertainment package) and it looks sharp! My wife has had a total of 4 CR-Vs over the years and not a single problem with vehicles or dealer. She recently moved into a 2011 Acura product, a lavish AWD RDX about the size of the 2012 CR-V. Acura is the luxury division of Honda and my wife moved into one for addition features and luxury touches. Yet, the CR-V cannot be beat for as a highly reasonably priced AWD car/truck alternative. I typically drive large AWD pick-ups being a farmer in the dairy business and running a country store, needing the towing and hauling ability of my 2008 and 2011 Dodge RAM pickups in our fleet of company vehicles. For all other transportation needs, including family vacations and business trips, I decided to purchase a fuel efficient AWD vehicle with Honda durability, reliability, quality and resale; thus, taking delivery of the roomier CR-V for model year '12. There is no better vehicle for the price, in my opinion and that of my wive's via thousands of miles of experience with Honda and Acura products over the years. We have never had even a single issue with any of our Honda/Acura cars, SUVs/Crossovers and a mid-size Honda Ridgeline pick-up that my son and daughter-in-law drive. Not certain how to classify the CR-V (a car? truck? SUV? crossover? wagon?). It does not matter, as I could make a case for each classification after experiencing my 2012 vehicle. Loves include: Volvo XC60-like styling, interior room and comfort, easy of operation, size, ride and handling, exceptional quality inside and out, stellar ride, fit and finish, excelleration. Actually, there are no complaints, except that it would be cool to see some flashier exterior color options, but no issues with the brand's choice of upscale rich colors - expected from Honda and delivered for 2012. I urge anyone looking for superior traction coupled with excellent fuel efficiency to check out the handsome, even brutish looking CR-V for 2012. The '12 VW Tiguan is another outstanding SUV/Crossover-type vehicle, but adding all option and packages to equal that of the priciest CR-V, the Tiguan SEL I test drove (and liked) totaled just under $39,000.00. You could image my reaction to the sticker shock of the VW, even factoring-in its content when the all-optioned-out CR-V I purchased came in at roughly $8,000.00 cheaper. For 2012, the CR-V, especially in EX trim is what I think is the best deal around and I have been driving a very long time.

electrical problems

by hungrymother from Virginia on Thu Aug 14 2014

I've had electrical problems from day 1. After many complaints, the dealer finally changed the computer. This was only after the electrical system went down twice while my wife was out of town. Again it would not start while in my garage and had to be towed in to the dealer. This has happened four or five more times. I have to jump to start and it may be ok for several weeks; then it happens again. I should have bought another CAMRY.

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn’t stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It’s easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V’s interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers’ must-test lists.

What’s New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it... Read More