2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

Love my new CRV!

by CGD from Washington, DC on Tue Mar 06 2012

This car is fantastic bang for your buck! It drives and handles much better than the previous models. The interior is comfortable and sleek and the exterior is sharp. Great new model from Honda!

Love it!

by Claudio from Deerfield on Thu May 25 2017

I love this car. It's huge inside while it's not one of the biggest SUV's. I've never had a problem with it, it's very reliable.

Love this vehicle

by Car Guy from Hampton, Va on Mon Jul 22 2013

We bought our 2012 CRV EX new. The price was great and the vehicle comes equipped with all the good options. The thing I love about this vehicle is the safety of it. My wife was just involved in a head on collison at 60mph and the safety equipment performed terrific. She has a few bruises from the seat belt and air bag but is fine otherwise. Our CRV is probably totalled but I plan on buying another one. Can't sayu enough good things about this car.

Not made for short drivers & not as good as before

by Former CRV Fan from College Station, TX on Wed Sep 10 2014

I bought a 2012 CRV when it was new because I really liked the ones that I had before, but I can't wait to get rid of this one. I have been driving it for 2 miserable years. I don't know when the designs changed, but I wish I could have the seat back from my old 2005 model CRV. What I hate about this car is the driver's seat. I am short (5' 2"), and I like to have good posture when I sit. With the bucket seat in this model I can not sit up straight. Also, there is no comfortable position with the head rest. It is designed for a reclined position, and it just shoves my head forward into my chest. I have put a special office chair lumbar support on my seat to avoid the issues. It allows me to sit up straight and not have issues with the head rest. Also, with the seat almost all the way forward and raised; the seat belt latch digs into my thigh. It is not flexible, so I can't push it away. It is still relatively reliable vehicle; although the battery had to be replaced before it was two years old. And no warning either on the battery going bad. No slow starts; just one day I went to start it and it was dead. Also, there was a problem with my brakes. I only had it a year before my brake rotors warped and had to be turned. The mechanic said that I must be a hard braker, but that is not the case. I am the type of driver that likes to coast to slow down and then ease on the brakes before stopping. I do like the gas mileage I get with this CRV, but I miss the ground clearance that I used to have in my old one.

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent ride and MPG for SUV

by lh from Renno, NV on Mon Feb 13 2012

The 2012 CRV EX-L with Nav is more quiet than previous model. Rides softer and mileage is improved. I am getting 26 MPG (ECO) around town, and 31-32 MPG on 500 mile trips. Traction in snow and ice has been the same as other AWD CRV. Nav system and voice system takes time and training to be efficient, not very intuitive.

My Wife likes to sit up high

by Dog hauler from Cincinnati on Thu Aug 23 2012

It's the same car 2007 that we replaced. We stick with what know. Great mpg for a small SUV. We use it to take two small golden retriever mixes to FL.

Honda still No 1

by Gramps from Troy MT on Thu Aug 16 2012

This is the best car I have ever owned -- just checked the mileage -- 34.8 mpg! Awesome. Plenty of room in back for my skis so I dont have to buy an overpriced rack, and looks like I can sleep back there if I have to.

Driving Reliable Car

by W AKL from plano,TX on Tue Sep 23 2014

- Drive the vehicle before reviewing it. - Many features/options available. check your needs and confirm it is exist. It worth the money you will pay.

twelth honda

by chris from Stony Brook, NY on Thu Jun 11 2015

You read correctly. I've owned 12 different Honda's from 1975 on (all but 3 were used). Our family has 3 CR-V's (04, 06, 12) the 04 has 211,000, the 06 has 180,000 and we just bought the 12 with 38,000) As you can see I maintain them meticulously. Aside from regular maintenence, we don't have any real issues (starters, compressors, but never a water pump!) I personally believe that you get just about the best "bang for the buck" with a Honda. I only wish they provided more horespower for the highway since they cannot seem to find the right gear on a slight incline.

Sporty, reliable crossover!

by Grandma with lots of grandkids from Mesa, AZ on Tue Dec 15 2015

I couldn't be happier with my CRV. It's the perfect fit for me, looks sporty but easy to handle and not so big like an SUV. I was extremely impressed with Jimmy Sears. I have bought several cars in the past, but no salesman has gone over the details of the car like Jimmy did with this CRV. When I left the lot, I felt comfortable and at ease. Thanks Jimmy!

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn’t stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It’s easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V’s interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers’ must-test lists.

What’s New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it... Read More