2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

My Wife likes to sit up high

by Dog hauler from Cincinnati on Thu Aug 23 2012

It's the same car 2007 that we replaced. We stick with what know. Great mpg for a small SUV. We use it to take two small golden retriever mixes to FL.

new cr-v

by nanor5 from pine bush, ny on Tue Jul 10 2012

this site made new car buying easy. you can find the lowest price these cars are selling for, then negotiate with dealers to see how low they will go. Unfortunately, they don't discount the roof rack, which is overpriced. The car doesn't disappoint in any way. it is quiet, has enough pep and the mileage is increasing but is as advertised. The eco lights teach you to drive more efficiently, and it is roomy as can be when you are used to a sedan. everyone I know who has one was right, this is an excellent buy. if you want a medium size crossover, this is the one. I go to maine at least once a month, so this is an excellent highway, long trip car.

Not made for short drivers & not as good as before

by Former CRV Fan from College Station, TX on Wed Sep 10 2014

I bought a 2012 CRV when it was new because I really liked the ones that I had before, but I can't wait to get rid of this one. I have been driving it for 2 miserable years. I don't know when the designs changed, but I wish I could have the seat back from my old 2005 model CRV. What I hate about this car is the driver's seat. I am short (5' 2"), and I like to have good posture when I sit. With the bucket seat in this model I can not sit up straight. Also, there is no comfortable position with the head rest. It is designed for a reclined position, and it just shoves my head forward into my chest. I have put a special office chair lumbar support on my seat to avoid the issues. It allows me to sit up straight and not have issues with the head rest. Also, with the seat almost all the way forward and raised; the seat belt latch digs into my thigh. It is not flexible, so I can't push it away. It is still relatively reliable vehicle; although the battery had to be replaced before it was two years old. And no warning either on the battery going bad. No slow starts; just one day I went to start it and it was dead. Also, there was a problem with my brakes. I only had it a year before my brake rotors warped and had to be turned. The mechanic said that I must be a hard braker, but that is not the case. I am the type of driver that likes to coast to slow down and then ease on the brakes before stopping. I do like the gas mileage I get with this CRV, but I miss the ground clearance that I used to have in my old one.

Does not recommend this car!!

loving it

by heidil from carroll, iowa on Wed May 10 2017

Best car I've owned so far. All the options I want. Kids like it as lot. Can't wait to take it on vacation and ride in comfort

Awd CRV LX Love

by Obie327 from Chicago , Il on Sat Nov 02 2013

I got this car/truck August 2012, With over 10,000 miles on it now and still running great. Performance of engine is better than when it was new. I've got the stock LX version with a couple of dealer add on"s. Got the sound deadening package, rear rubber floor protector and fender flaps and guards. Tinted all the windows which helps with the ac in summer . I went on a road trip from Chicago to South Carolina back in January of 2013 in the worst possible storm in the mountains. (They Gave it a name!?) The Vehicle makes me feel safe even in a snow storm. Gas mileage is pretty good for what you get here. Ride is comfy and secure. No rattles just a smartly packaged all around hauler of a CUV.

twelth honda

by chris from Stony Brook, NY on Thu Jun 11 2015

You read correctly. I've owned 12 different Honda's from 1975 on (all but 3 were used). Our family has 3 CR-V's (04, 06, 12) the 04 has 211,000, the 06 has 180,000 and we just bought the 12 with 38,000) As you can see I maintain them meticulously. Aside from regular maintenence, we don't have any real issues (starters, compressors, but never a water pump!) I personally believe that you get just about the best "bang for the buck" with a Honda. I only wish they provided more horespower for the highway since they cannot seem to find the right gear on a slight incline.

Total Mom car with no personality but reliablity!

by AmyJ808 from Seattle, Washington on Fri Sep 05 2014

I'm really over driving Hondas. They are VERY reliable, however, I noticed since I've been leasing Hondas, I've lacked going on adventures. The cars are very marshmallowee and corner on a 10 acre cloud. I'm not impressed with Honda's lack of personality to their vehicles. Love the reliability of Honda..but aren't all cars supposed to start up when you "start them"? The cars are reliable but UBER BORING. They aren't fun to drive but they are not painful. It's a pleasant experience for any mom or grandma. I'm going to give my CRV to my Mom as a mother's day gift (late, yes..I know) and she can ditch her terrible Subaru she can't stand. If you have owned a real SUV..the CRV will feel like a Barbie car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Smooth driving

by driver from wisconsin on Fri Jun 29 2012

Smooth riding, comfortable, and getting used to the less than good visibility for cars to the left and right. Thankful for the rear camera to back up. Love to park and mpg reasonable for this type of car - got 35 mpg on highway. Miss the remote to open tailgate and thought the top of the line would have garage opener, but little things when the car drives so well. Looking forward to 4WD this winter.

Ok car

by Ben from Staten island, NY on Mon Mar 05 2012

Its a good car, deciding between hyndai Kia and Nissan was confusing. Knowin the honda reliability, and value made it easy. It drives great, 5speed automatic is something that Honda needs to look at. Ton of cargo space.

Best Small AWD SUV

by Family Car Guy from Hartford, CT on Fri Sep 21 2012

Was looking for a reliable small SUV that my wife and I could drive; especially for Northeast winters. The Honda CRV LX model was what I chose over Toyota RAV4, Dodge Journey, Hyundai offerings, and Suburu Forester. Superior look and feel and base model offerings were far superior to the other competitors and price was extremely competitive.

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn’t stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It’s easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V’s interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers’ must-test lists.

What’s New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it... Read More