2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

My Wife likes to sit up high

by Dog hauler from Cincinnati on Thu Aug 23 2012

It's the same car 2007 that we replaced. We stick with what know. Great mpg for a small SUV. We use it to take two small golden retriever mixes to FL.

Great Car

by Shadowland from on Tue Apr 18 2017

The CR-V is a great car for zipping around town and getting out on the highway. It maneuvers well in tight spaces and the backup camera is helpful in getting out of tight spots. It is kind of funny watching people get nervous when you are backing up towards them. You know you won't hit them, but they freak out and move out of your way more. Plus! The only negative I have with the car is the road noise. Cruising down the highway at 80 mph you do need to talk a little louder with people in the back seat.

Great value for the monney

by Jim from Central MA on Fri Aug 17 2012

Great gas mileage almost 29 mi, per gallon around town, a bit sluggish in ECON mode, but great mileage!!

a rerun for me

by An old fogie from Bellefontaine, Ohio on Fri Jun 29 2012

I owned a 1999 Honda CRV and use it as a trade in on a new Honda Crv. The car is very reliable and now has more bells and whistles than the old. I am very pleased so far with my new car.

1st time CRV owner

by Pathman from Vermont on Sun Mar 16 2014

I have been driving Hondas since 1992 (92 Accord, 96 Civic, 02 Odyssey and 09 Fit Sport) My 2012 CRV LX is my first dive into the CRV pool. And a pleasant swim it has been! I have 28k miles on it and have had zero problems. It has been a great snow car (full disclosure, I live in Vermont so I do run 4 snow tires each winter) never any question of getting where I want to go even in 6 inches of Vermont slushnsnow!!!!! I will add that running snowtires is a mileage killer. In the summer on all seasons I average 26 to 27 MPG. In the winter I have a hard time breaking 24 in all around driving. The car is very comfortable for long trips. I make a 750 mile trip to Prince Edward Island in Canada 2 or 3 times a year to visit my son and I have no problem doing a 14 hour stint behind the wheel to make it in one day. My old Fit as much as I loved it for "normal" driving was a life sucker for these 14 hour PEI runs! My CRV very happily runs along at 75 to 80 mph all day long on I-95 and Trans Can hiway. It is not a tire chirper from stoplights, but for a four banger it does ok, and I find the power adequate for my driving. Likewise the interior is functional and well thought out if not very flashy. A lot of plastic, but it is nice plastic at least! The sound system will not cause you to bleed from any orfices and is the one area that I find pretty weak in the vehicle. Body architecture appeals to me, I like the lines it has but admittedly styling is soooo subjective, I have heard others say it looks like a fancy sneaker!!!! Bottom line is it is a car that meets or exceeds most of my expectations. I will be keeping it a long time and most likely will get another one when the time comes........

Michelle

by MM from Moultrie Ga on Mon Apr 24 2017

I love my Honda CR-V. It's a great car, rides great and gets great gas mileage. Hondas ride forever so you can't go work with a Honda!

BAD BREAKS

by Connie from Margaretville, New york on Sun Sep 13 2015

I purchased my Honda CRV brand new in 2012. I noticed that there was a grinding noise when first driving the car & then it would go away. I brought the car to my dealer & was told that that was normal & due to corrosion build up. In July 2014 I had a local repair shop look @ the car before going on vacation. I was told that the car needed new rotors & calipers. They recommended I bring it to the Honda dealer because it only had 25,000 miles on it. I was not able to use the car for our trip & when I brought it to Honda they did not agree with my local repair shop. It just needed to be" lubed up "& needed new brake pads. About $300.00. Then in 2015, one year later, I had the car checked out because I was going on vacation & it was making a lot more grinding noises. It turned out that it needed new rotors, brake shoes, & the caliper was seized. That cost me $417.00. No longer under warranty of course. Second year in a row that I could not bring my car on vacation. My husbands truck has 51,000 mile on it & it has never had it's brakes replaced. It does not make a grind noise when first driving it out of the garage either. Honda needs to put better brakes on it's cars. I read some other reviews & other buyers have had the same problem.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love it

by Billy11B from St Cloud, MN on Mon Jul 16 2018

The car is safe and reliable and gets good gas milage and is fun to drive. I feel safe letting my daughter use it in the winter time with the AWD.

A nice, stylish, get-around-town SUV

by MomAndDadChauffeurs from Bellingham, WA on Tue Apr 18 2017

We traded up from a used 2007 Honda Fit Sport to a 2used 012 Honda CRV EX after trying out a few different non-Honda options for SUV's. The standout features of the CRV to me are: great visibility, backup camera, subdued interior without a lot of flash, but nice materials, almost as many little pockets and storage doodads as a minivan, and little niceties like lighted mirrors on both the driver's and passenger's side, a sunroof that tilts open and opens completely for a bit of fresh air on the road, both front and back window defrosters, good phone connectivity even without bluetooth, and a decent sound system. There is also ample storage -- as much in the very back of the CRV as there was in the Fit with both back seats folded down, so we can go on a trip with our kid, our luggage, snacks, water, etc. and not feel too crowded. One huge step up for us in particular is the increase in space between the driver and passenger from the Fit. We were constantly running over each other because the Fit was a 5-speed and there wasn't enough elbow room for both the driver and the passenger. There's a roomy minivan-style center console between the driver and passenger in the CRV, which cleverly stows away the various phone connectors and power ports, making for a sleek dashboard.

Love this Car!

by Cayla from Charlottesville, VA on Thu Jun 28 2012

Great car! Very quiet, very smooth riding. Only reason I gave it a 4 star for performance was because it is not a 6 cylinder and doesn't have that get up and go when you hit the gas as much as I would like. Lots of space inside, love all the cup holders. Can't say enough good things about it! I put a spoiler on it and have gotten rave reviews about how great it looks...it really dresses up the vehicle.

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn’t stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It’s easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V’s interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers’ must-test lists.

What’s New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it... Read More