2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

Nicest car I've owned!

by Honda Girl from Denmark, Maine on Fri Aug 24 2012

I purchased my new 2012 Honda CRV about two months ago and have driven it close to 3,000 miles so far. Love how it handles, good gas mileage (28-30mpg), comfortable seats, handles corners well. I've owned 3 Civic's and loved them all, but live on a dirt road and needed something more aggressive in snow. Can't wait till winter as I've driven this on dirt roads that are quite steep and this vehicle doesn't miss a beat. I'm more than pleased with all aspects of my new Honda. Great value for the money, too.

Great value for the monney

by Jim from Central MA on Fri Aug 17 2012

Great gas mileage almost 29 mi, per gallon around town, a bit sluggish in ECON mode, but great mileage!!

great car

by zippy from columbus, ms on Thu Aug 09 2012

Great car for the price, has all the options that I wanted,runs great, feels great, looks great. This vehicle is comparable to much more expensive hicles in its design, appearance and performance.

Great Mini SUV for the Money

by smkeener47 from Montgomery AL on Mon Apr 23 2012

The new design of the CR-V for 2012 is much more appealing than the previous stubby design. The comfort is terrific (I have the leather model) and the handling is good. It has a great deal of technology standard for us geeky types. Overall it is a great vehicle and I look forward to many years of service.

Great Features, Missing the Sunroof

by Odyssey Replacement from Montpelier, VT on Mon Jun 25 2012

The included controls on the entry-level LX model are really impressive - Bluetooth for audio and phone with intuitive steering wheel mounted controls, well designed reverse camera. The car feels rock solid. The trunk is a little compromised, and I keep grabbing the false lip to find the latch to open the back.

3 CR-V's owner

by Buzz from West Virginia on Fri Jun 29 2012

I've owned a 2006, a 2010 and both exceeded my expectations, however when I purchased the 2012 it has was the winner hands down. The steering, handling, ride and quietness and I might add, the gas mileage, far exceeded the previous models. Honda has hit a home run.

Uses car for Off-roading

1st time CRV owner

by Pathman from Vermont on Sun Mar 16 2014

I have been driving Hondas since 1992 (92 Accord, 96 Civic, 02 Odyssey and 09 Fit Sport) My 2012 CRV LX is my first dive into the CRV pool. And a pleasant swim it has been! I have 28k miles on it and have had zero problems. It has been a great snow car (full disclosure, I live in Vermont so I do run 4 snow tires each winter) never any question of getting where I want to go even in 6 inches of Vermont slushnsnow!!!!! I will add that running snowtires is a mileage killer. In the summer on all seasons I average 26 to 27 MPG. In the winter I have a hard time breaking 24 in all around driving. The car is very comfortable for long trips. I make a 750 mile trip to Prince Edward Island in Canada 2 or 3 times a year to visit my son and I have no problem doing a 14 hour stint behind the wheel to make it in one day. My old Fit as much as I loved it for "normal" driving was a life sucker for these 14 hour PEI runs! My CRV very happily runs along at 75 to 80 mph all day long on I-95 and Trans Can hiway. It is not a tire chirper from stoplights, but for a four banger it does ok, and I find the power adequate for my driving. Likewise the interior is functional and well thought out if not very flashy. A lot of plastic, but it is nice plastic at least! The sound system will not cause you to bleed from any orfices and is the one area that I find pretty weak in the vehicle. Body architecture appeals to me, I like the lines it has but admittedly styling is soooo subjective, I have heard others say it looks like a fancy sneaker!!!! Bottom line is it is a car that meets or exceeds most of my expectations. I will be keeping it a long time and most likely will get another one when the time comes........

Great car.

by Sew46 from Tamworth. NH on Mon Jul 02 2012

Right after I bought the CRV, my daughter and I started out on a road trip from NH to Santa Fe. The CRV was comfortable, no back or fanny aches and pains. No mechanical troubles. Pretty good on gas, avg 29+ mpg. Plenty of room for luggage. Gripes are that the rear hatch is heavy to close and I would have liked a small cubby in the middle of the front on the dash. Not big comPlaints. Overall, great car.

BAD BREAKS

by Connie from Margaretville, New york on Sun Sep 13 2015

I purchased my Honda CRV brand new in 2012. I noticed that there was a grinding noise when first driving the car & then it would go away. I brought the car to my dealer & was told that that was normal & due to corrosion build up. In July 2014 I had a local repair shop look @ the car before going on vacation. I was told that the car needed new rotors & calipers. They recommended I bring it to the Honda dealer because it only had 25,000 miles on it. I was not able to use the car for our trip & when I brought it to Honda they did not agree with my local repair shop. It just needed to be" lubed up "& needed new brake pads. About $300.00. Then in 2015, one year later, I had the car checked out because I was going on vacation & it was making a lot more grinding noises. It turned out that it needed new rotors, brake shoes, & the caliper was seized. That cost me $417.00. No longer under warranty of course. Second year in a row that I could not bring my car on vacation. My husbands truck has 51,000 mile on it & it has never had it's brakes replaced. It does not make a grind noise when first driving it out of the garage either. Honda needs to put better brakes on it's cars. I read some other reviews & other buyers have had the same problem.

Does not recommend this car!!

I'm in love with this car! It's perfect...

by Love&JoyLife from sebastopol, CA on Wed Jul 25 2018

It is fun to drive, comfortable and gets such good mileage... also I can tow it with my RV, should I choose to do so... I am so happy I chose this CRV I may never drive anything else...

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn’t stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It’s easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V’s interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers’ must-test lists.

What’s New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it... Read More