2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

Great Car

by Shadowland from on Tue Apr 18 2017

The CR-V is a great car for zipping around town and getting out on the highway. It maneuvers well in tight spaces and the backup camera is helpful in getting out of tight spots. It is kind of funny watching people get nervous when you are backing up towards them. You know you won't hit them, but they freak out and move out of your way more. Plus! The only negative I have with the car is the road noise. Cruising down the highway at 80 mph you do need to talk a little louder with people in the back seat.

A nice, stylish, get-around-town SUV

by MomAndDadChauffeurs from Bellingham, WA on Tue Apr 18 2017

We traded up from a used 2007 Honda Fit Sport to a 2used 012 Honda CRV EX after trying out a few different non-Honda options for SUV's. The standout features of the CRV to me are: great visibility, backup camera, subdued interior without a lot of flash, but nice materials, almost as many little pockets and storage doodads as a minivan, and little niceties like lighted mirrors on both the driver's and passenger's side, a sunroof that tilts open and opens completely for a bit of fresh air on the road, both front and back window defrosters, good phone connectivity even without bluetooth, and a decent sound system. There is also ample storage -- as much in the very back of the CRV as there was in the Fit with both back seats folded down, so we can go on a trip with our kid, our luggage, snacks, water, etc. and not feel too crowded. One huge step up for us in particular is the increase in space between the driver and passenger from the Fit. We were constantly running over each other because the Fit was a 5-speed and there wasn't enough elbow room for both the driver and the passenger. There's a roomy minivan-style center console between the driver and passenger in the CRV, which cleverly stows away the various phone connectors and power ports, making for a sleek dashboard.

1st time CRV owner

by Pathman from Vermont on Sun Mar 16 2014

I have been driving Hondas since 1992 (92 Accord, 96 Civic, 02 Odyssey and 09 Fit Sport) My 2012 CRV LX is my first dive into the CRV pool. And a pleasant swim it has been! I have 28k miles on it and have had zero problems. It has been a great snow car (full disclosure, I live in Vermont so I do run 4 snow tires each winter) never any question of getting where I want to go even in 6 inches of Vermont slushnsnow!!!!! I will add that running snowtires is a mileage killer. In the summer on all seasons I average 26 to 27 MPG. In the winter I have a hard time breaking 24 in all around driving. The car is very comfortable for long trips. I make a 750 mile trip to Prince Edward Island in Canada 2 or 3 times a year to visit my son and I have no problem doing a 14 hour stint behind the wheel to make it in one day. My old Fit as much as I loved it for "normal" driving was a life sucker for these 14 hour PEI runs! My CRV very happily runs along at 75 to 80 mph all day long on I-95 and Trans Can hiway. It is not a tire chirper from stoplights, but for a four banger it does ok, and I find the power adequate for my driving. Likewise the interior is functional and well thought out if not very flashy. A lot of plastic, but it is nice plastic at least! The sound system will not cause you to bleed from any orfices and is the one area that I find pretty weak in the vehicle. Body architecture appeals to me, I like the lines it has but admittedly styling is soooo subjective, I have heard others say it looks like a fancy sneaker!!!! Bottom line is it is a car that meets or exceeds most of my expectations. I will be keeping it a long time and most likely will get another one when the time comes........

Michelle

by MM from Moultrie Ga on Mon Apr 24 2017

I love my Honda CR-V. It's a great car, rides great and gets great gas mileage. Hondas ride forever so you can't go work with a Honda!

Superior handling and reliability

by Cathyc from Monkton, VT on Wed Mar 22 2017

I've been driving this car for 3 weeks now and could not be happier with its performance and utility. It handles remarkably well on snow covered roads and makes me feel safe. I appreciate its economy mode to improve mpg for city driving. I also love all the cargo space when the rear seats are folded down--I can fit so much stuff in this car! It's my first Honda, but I think I'm a convert! Even though it's five years old, it looks and drives like new. So happy with this car and looking forward to many years of driving it, as I know it has a great reliability reputation.

Nicest car I've owned!

by Honda Girl from Denmark, Maine on Fri Aug 24 2012

I purchased my new 2012 Honda CRV about two months ago and have driven it close to 3,000 miles so far. Love how it handles, good gas mileage (28-30mpg), comfortable seats, handles corners well. I've owned 3 Civic's and loved them all, but live on a dirt road and needed something more aggressive in snow. Can't wait till winter as I've driven this on dirt roads that are quite steep and this vehicle doesn't miss a beat. I'm more than pleased with all aspects of my new Honda. Great value for the money, too.

Great car.

by Sew46 from Tamworth. NH on Mon Jul 02 2012

Right after I bought the CRV, my daughter and I started out on a road trip from NH to Santa Fe. The CRV was comfortable, no back or fanny aches and pains. No mechanical troubles. Pretty good on gas, avg 29+ mpg. Plenty of room for luggage. Gripes are that the rear hatch is heavy to close and I would have liked a small cubby in the middle of the front on the dash. Not big comPlaints. Overall, great car.

Great car

by HappyOwner from Toledo, OH on Sun May 01 2016

Recently bought a 2012 CR-V Certified Used from Brown Honda in Toledo, and am extremely happy with the price and everything that it came with. I only have 1 star less on Exterior Styling because I think tinted windows all around the back should be a stock item, but other than that I'm happy. If you're looking for a great new or used car Brown Honda takes care of you! I've gotten both there, both great experiences.

Great value for the monney

by Jim from Central MA on Fri Aug 17 2012

Great gas mileage almost 29 mi, per gallon around town, a bit sluggish in ECON mode, but great mileage!!

Great Mini SUV for the Money

by smkeener47 from Montgomery AL on Mon Apr 23 2012

The new design of the CR-V for 2012 is much more appealing than the previous stubby design. The comfort is terrific (I have the leather model) and the handling is good. It has a great deal of technology standard for us geeky types. Overall it is a great vehicle and I look forward to many years of service.

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn’t stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It’s easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V’s interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers’ must-test lists.

What’s New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it... Read More