2012 CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

2012 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda CR-V?

1st time CRV owner

by Pathman from Vermont on Sun Mar 16 2014

I have been driving Hondas since 1992 (92 Accord, 96 Civic, 02 Odyssey and 09 Fit Sport) My 2012 CRV LX is my first dive into the CRV pool. And a pleasant swim it has been! I have 28k miles on it and have had zero problems. It has been a great snow car (full disclosure, I live in Vermont so I do run 4 snow tires each winter) never any question of getting where I want to go even in 6 inches of Vermont slushnsnow!!!!! I will add that running snowtires is a mileage killer. In the summer on all seasons I average 26 to 27 MPG. In the winter I have a hard time breaking 24 in all around driving. The car is very comfortable for long trips. I make a 750 mile trip to Prince Edward Island in Canada 2 or 3 times a year to visit my son and I have no problem doing a 14 hour stint behind the wheel to make it in one day. My old Fit as much as I loved it for "normal" driving was a life sucker for these 14 hour PEI runs! My CRV very happily runs along at 75 to 80 mph all day long on I-95 and Trans Can hiway. It is not a tire chirper from stoplights, but for a four banger it does ok, and I find the power adequate for my driving. Likewise the interior is functional and well thought out if not very flashy. A lot of plastic, but it is nice plastic at least! The sound system will not cause you to bleed from any orfices and is the one area that I find pretty weak in the vehicle. Body architecture appeals to me, I like the lines it has but admittedly styling is soooo subjective, I have heard others say it looks like a fancy sneaker!!!! Bottom line is it is a car that meets or exceeds most of my expectations. I will be keeping it a long time and most likely will get another one when the time comes........

Love this Car!

by Cayla from Charlottesville, VA on Thu Jun 28 2012

Great car! Very quiet, very smooth riding. Only reason I gave it a 4 star for performance was because it is not a 6 cylinder and doesn't have that get up and go when you hit the gas as much as I would like. Lots of space inside, love all the cup holders. Can't say enough good things about it! I put a spoiler on it and have gotten rave reviews about how great it looks...it really dresses up the vehicle.

BEST CROSSOVER YET

by Dougie from Ottawa, Ont. Canada on Wed Nov 21 2012

Have had the CR-V Touring model for 6 months now and I love it. Gas mileage is good as is the comfort. Love the electronics in the Touring model, especially the rear camera. Bluetooth is the best working I have ever had. I drove a Toyota Rav 4 but the CR-V beats it hands down, especially for driver leg room. My only complaint with the CR-V concerns the rear storage door and the fact there is no remote release on the key chain nor is there a interior release available to the driver.

BAD BREAKS

by Connie from Margaretville, New york on Sun Sep 13 2015

I purchased my Honda CRV brand new in 2012. I noticed that there was a grinding noise when first driving the car & then it would go away. I brought the car to my dealer & was told that that was normal & due to corrosion build up. In July 2014 I had a local repair shop look @ the car before going on vacation. I was told that the car needed new rotors & calipers. They recommended I bring it to the Honda dealer because it only had 25,000 miles on it. I was not able to use the car for our trip & when I brought it to Honda they did not agree with my local repair shop. It just needed to be" lubed up "& needed new brake pads. About $300.00. Then in 2015, one year later, I had the car checked out because I was going on vacation & it was making a lot more grinding noises. It turned out that it needed new rotors, brake shoes, & the caliper was seized. That cost me $417.00. No longer under warranty of course. Second year in a row that I could not bring my car on vacation. My husbands truck has 51,000 mile on it & it has never had it's brakes replaced. It does not make a grind noise when first driving it out of the garage either. Honda needs to put better brakes on it's cars. I read some other reviews & other buyers have had the same problem.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car

by HappyOwner from Toledo, OH on Sun May 01 2016

Recently bought a 2012 CR-V Certified Used from Brown Honda in Toledo, and am extremely happy with the price and everything that it came with. I only have 1 star less on Exterior Styling because I think tinted windows all around the back should be a stock item, but other than that I'm happy. If you're looking for a great new or used car Brown Honda takes care of you! I've gotten both there, both great experiences.

Knocking in engine..

by ej from Denton,Texas on Wed Aug 17 2016

I have owned a Honda CRV for 41,000 miles and it has a knocking noise in the engine. I have complained about it since it had 16,000 miles on it and Honda says they don't have a part to fix it. I have left it with them several days with no satisfaction. I pulled it in the store parking lot the other day and a lady came up to me and said the rod was out on the car. I just want a car that doesn't sound like it is falling apart..

Does not recommend this car!!

It's no wonder why CR-V is the most popular SUV!

by Newest-CRV-Lover from on Mon Mar 06 2017

For years and years, I've purchased luxury vehicles and watched them depreciate. This time, I decided to get smart and spend 1/3 the money and boy-o-boy, am I glad I did. I've had the CR-V EX-L for about a month now and I am extremely happy with it. I honestly believe that the 2012~2016 body style was the best, so to optimize my purchase, I found a 2012 AWD with navigation, in mint condition. It looks and drives like new. Also - I found that pearl white with tan leather has the best resale. This is a GREAT car for the money!

the most comfortable car i've owned

by hondafan from TULSA , OK on Mon Jun 04 2012

just purchased this crv about a week ago, now put over 300 miles on it, feel pretty content with its performance, but there is one question i need to find out, why is the gas mileage going down? the first day of purchase, drove it home, with the ac on at the coolest, the number show 25.8,the day after i got a 100 miles highway trip, the mileage went down to 24.4, i thought it should have reached 30, or at least 29, cuz i have 4wd crv, isn't it supposed to be higher on the freeway? and i now only drive around the town, it went down to 23.7 with ac turned off an window closed,, i drive it very smoothy and gentlely, not aggressive al all, U GUYS HAVE ANY IDEA

Love it

by Billy11B from St Cloud, MN on Mon Jul 16 2018

The car is safe and reliable and gets good gas milage and is fun to drive. I feel safe letting my daughter use it in the winter time with the AWD.

Michelle

by MM from Moultrie Ga on Mon Apr 24 2017

I love my Honda CR-V. It's a great car, rides great and gets great gas mileage. Hondas ride forever so you can't go work with a Honda!

Our Take on the 2012 Honda CR-V

The current Honda CR-V is one of the best-selling vehicles in the country, let alone in the the small crossover segment, and the redesigned 2012 version doesn’t stray far from the formula that has made it so popular: It’s easy to drive, has lots of room for its size and gets good mileage.

Improvements to the 2012 Honda CR-V’s interior, cargo configurability, ride quality and standard-equipment list should keep the compact crossover atop car shoppers’ must-test lists.

What’s New
The CR-V drives more like a car now and has a new interior, but the exterior design stands out as being much more interesting than the current model. The front has a forward slope to it... Read More