2011 Fit

2011 Honda Fit

2011 Honda Fit

Have You Driven the 2011 Honda Fit?

Blew me away

by Mamagotcha from Chicago, IL on Wed Mar 30 2011

I've been driving Odysseys for most of the time I've been raising my kids. Now three of 'em are away at college and it's just me and the little guy. So it was time to downsize. I'm a big girl, and while the Civic was a great choice on paper... it just wasn't comfortable. I tried the Fit, even though I thought we were going to have to purchase a car older than 2006 (when the Fit first came out), and it was just right. Fortunately, the financing and negotiations went our way, and now we own a 2011 model. Fun to drive, lots of room, great little options (my only requirement was cruise control since we do long-distance road trips, but the A/C, power locks and windows, USB connection, and security system are all awesome too). The mileage really is almost as good as some of the hybrids out there... we're going to be saving almost a third of our car payment in gas alone! This really is a fun little car. Maybe it's not for everybody... but it definitely deserves your consideration if you are looking for reliability, safety, good looks and great mileage, all for a reasonable price.

An amazing car!

by creegah from Murphy, NC on Mon Apr 25 2011

Let me begin with what I DON'T like about this car. I am 6'5' and although it's very comfortable to drive, I have trouble exiting the vehicle because, in addition to having arthritis, I am not very flexible. My spouse, who is 5'4" has no problem. I think 117 HP is a little light. It certainly keeps up with traffic on the interstate but I live in the mountains (of NC) and there is constant downshifting and upshifting to maintain speed. I like the very clever use of space and how the rear seats are configured, I like the layout and the controls for the audio system and the climate control system but mainly I just love the way it handles on our narrow, steep and very twisty roads. I have driven sports cars that do not handle as well as the Fit. All it needs is a skosh more power. Maybe about 152 HP.

Great Little (Big) Car

by Ex Jeep Guy from New Jersey on Sun Mar 27 2011

After looking at a long list of cars (all hatchbacks), the Fit kept coming up as the best choice. The Fit is fun to drive. It turns on a dime and is very peppy. The rear seats are amazing. Also, the back doors open at almost 90 degrees, allowing easy access to child seats and getting dogs in and out. The back seats can fold up, so a dog can lay on the floor. Amazingly, I was able to fit an 8-foot piece of wood trim in the car and close the door! The seating position of the driver also seems higher up than most cars. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, I was happy to not feel like I was sitting low on the ground (or driving a wind sail). The visibility in the car is a huge plus as is the fuel economy. I'm averaging about 32 MPG. While I started out shopping for a hybrid, the Fit proved more versatile, cheaper than most of the others I considered, and a good investment. The other cars I considered were the Mazda 3, Prius, Insight, Golf, Versa. I got the Sport because of the security option, the rims, and the armrest. Also, the Fit has a cool blue/purple dash and a simple console layout. Some of the competition had annoying orange or red buttons all over the place (like 50 emergency buttons). The Fit has a soothing, cool looking dash that can do anything you could want. My only complaint is the steering wheel is uncomfortable for me. The lower silver part of the wheel is where I'm used to holding and the edge is rather sharp. I'm still adjusting to it. I still envy the Prius for the MPG.

Love it!!!

by JB from Boise, ID on Tue Jun 14 2011

I had previously owned a 2008 Honda Fit. I loved that car, as well; however I wished I had some of the updated features. I traded my '08 in for a 2011. What a difference!!! I love how you don't have to take the headrests out to fold down the rear seats. I love the ipod hookup. I love the amazing gas mileage. I love having the polished metal in the Fit! I also went from a base to a sport, which upgraded the overall appearance of the vehicle. I was also very excited to get cruise control. That was long overdue in the Fit. The driveability of the vehicle is almost the same as the older fit. The steering seems "tighter" if that makes sense. I also noticed that the vehicle doesn't get blown around in the wind as much as the older model. I'm not sure if that's due to the sleeker design of the body, or not. The newer Fit has more cupholders, a sleeker dash design, daytime running lights, and vehicle stability assist. If I could change one thing about it, I would want the audio controls on the steering wheel. Overall this is an EXCELLENT vehicle, and I would highly recommend it to anyone!!!

The. tall and short of it

by Big Dawg from Thach Alabama on Sat Jun 25 2011

I bought this car after shopping for a whole year. With the price of diesel increasing daily I thought it was time to get rid of my pickup and get a small fuel efficient car for my daily commute. I'm 6'2" tall and my wife is 4'10" tall so finding a vehicle that fits the 2 of us is not easy. Well the fit fit!! Easy to move the telescoping steering wheel to fit me as well as the wife. In the Fit you are not sitting so close to the ground that it is hard for a tall person to enter or so high that a short person has trouble. I love the features of this car..I got the sport model with Voice Command, Cruise Control, Paddle shifters And GPS. The steering wheel controls are great. After 26,000 miles my 2010 fit is getting over 37 miles per gallon and still handles like a slot car in curves and tight turns. Who needs a Sports Car when you have a Fit??!!!

Very good little car!

by Rapid Roy from Connecticut on Thu Jun 16 2011

I've owned four Hondas, and liked them all. I'm average size and build, and the Fit Sport is one of the best Hondas I've owned so far. It has lots of interior room, and very good outward visibility. The controls are well made, have a good feel and are simply executed. I'm getting around 35 mpg overall at moderate speeds. This car has good power/acceleration and is comfortable and useful for it's size. The only downside I've noticed is that the brakes are good, but not great. I've also researched replacement tires for this car and the available options are pretty limited at this time. Overall, it's a very good car.

Nice economical car

by JJMAN from Chesapeake, VA on Thu Sep 20 2012

We have had our FIT for over a year now with 20,000+ miles. We do really like it, get a no kidding 33 mpg highway and 26 mpg city. Only problem was the interior blower fan went out and was replaced under warranty. It can be a fun car to drive, you just have to get used to revving the engine up a little higher than was comfortable at first. When you fold the rear seats flat, you have a surprising amount of room for cargo in the back, almost van like. Some little nit picky things and the reason why I didnt give it a full 5 star rating are: The rear interior cloth material on the back of the seats when you fold the seats down is really thin and cheap, if you use the full cargo area this material tears like wraping paper. The bottom of the front bumper is very low, even a curb at a place like the grocery store is too high for it, we have scraped it numerous times. The suspension is stiff, I like that when driving around town. But my wife and I took it on a trip that was 8 hours each way and we were just physically wore out from all the road jarring and bumping around that the car submits you too.

Honda creates another winner

by Swildog from Portland, ME on Wed Oct 19 2011

Had a 2009 Fit Base 5-speed manual, updated to a 2011 Fit Sport 5-speed auto w/paddle shifters. First, what I didn?t like about the 09 base 5-speed manual: RPM?s @ 60mph in top gear about 3,000! Too high, even higher the faster you drove so effectively lower MPG?s @ interstate speed. Not to mention an engine that sounded like it might explode after long interstate drives. Love the Fit despite my picky comments on the engine and mechanical nature of the manual trans. Upgraded to the 11 Sport, much better feel on the road, looks better too, better interstate driver, less RPM?s problem solved, slight decrease in MPG?s despite average ratings between the two model showing similar if not better with an automatic v. manual . Paddle shifters are a nice option if you like to drive a stick and other drivers of your car can only drive auto trans. Tons of room! I routinely place my rear seats all the way down and load my mountain bike in with moving the passenger front seat forward. Got the door visors for the practicality of air venting and found the car to look even better with them. All around good value, great car, 2012 brings a few new shapes and body lines for those looking new.

Excellent buy !

by CD from on Wed Jul 03 2013

Great buy ! Got 34 mpg on 1st tankful. For a small car, plenty of room and zip ! The color wasn't my 1st choice (candyred) but everything else about this Honda fit makes me smile. And the special mp3 memory stick attachment in the upper love compartment is an unexpected plus .

Love my fit!

by 2011 Fit Driver from Raymond, MS on Thu May 15 2014

I purchased my 2011 Honda Fit two months ago. It is surprisingly very roomy inside the driver/passenger areas. It also has plenty of cargo space in the hatchback area. I love the extra storage areas under seats and in side panels. The car is somewhat noisy, but I actually have gotten used to it and don't mind it at all now. Gas mileage has been 37-40 mpg. However, the tank holds only 11 gallons, so even with this, I have to still stop at the gas station weekly because I travel long distance to work. On the upside, the amount I pay at the pump is much less for a fill up. Overall, I love my Honda Fit and would recommend it to anyone looking for economical, dependable transportation.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2011 Honda Fit

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2010 about the 2010 Honda Fit. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Honda's Fit does something not a lot of small cars can do: It acts like a larger car than its subcompact exterior suggests.

The enviable cargo and passenger space makes this hatchback a replacement for bigger sedans. Compared with its subcompact competitors, the Fit has a healthy dose of personality; on top of being able to haul a lot of goods, it's also fun to drive.

The fun factor may not appeal to everyone, as some of the characteristics that make the Fit sporty... Read More