2011 Fit

2011 Honda Fit

2011 Honda Fit

Have You Driven the 2011 Honda Fit?

Great Little (Big) Car

by Ex Jeep Guy from New Jersey on Sun Mar 27 2011

After looking at a long list of cars (all hatchbacks), the Fit kept coming up as the best choice. The Fit is fun to drive. It turns on a dime and is very peppy. The rear seats are amazing. Also, the back doors open at almost 90 degrees, allowing easy access to child seats and getting dogs in and out. The back seats can fold up, so a dog can lay on the floor. Amazingly, I was able to fit an 8-foot piece of wood trim in the car and close the door! The seating position of the driver also seems higher up than most cars. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, I was happy to not feel like I was sitting low on the ground (or driving a wind sail). The visibility in the car is a huge plus as is the fuel economy. I'm averaging about 32 MPG. While I started out shopping for a hybrid, the Fit proved more versatile, cheaper than most of the others I considered, and a good investment. The other cars I considered were the Mazda 3, Prius, Insight, Golf, Versa. I got the Sport because of the security option, the rims, and the armrest. Also, the Fit has a cool blue/purple dash and a simple console layout. Some of the competition had annoying orange or red buttons all over the place (like 50 emergency buttons). The Fit has a soothing, cool looking dash that can do anything you could want. My only complaint is the steering wheel is uncomfortable for me. The lower silver part of the wheel is where I'm used to holding and the edge is rather sharp. I'm still adjusting to it. I still envy the Prius for the MPG.

Love it!!!

by JB from Boise, ID on Tue Jun 14 2011

I had previously owned a 2008 Honda Fit. I loved that car, as well; however I wished I had some of the updated features. I traded my '08 in for a 2011. What a difference!!! I love how you don't have to take the headrests out to fold down the rear seats. I love the ipod hookup. I love the amazing gas mileage. I love having the polished metal in the Fit! I also went from a base to a sport, which upgraded the overall appearance of the vehicle. I was also very excited to get cruise control. That was long overdue in the Fit. The driveability of the vehicle is almost the same as the older fit. The steering seems "tighter" if that makes sense. I also noticed that the vehicle doesn't get blown around in the wind as much as the older model. I'm not sure if that's due to the sleeker design of the body, or not. The newer Fit has more cupholders, a sleeker dash design, daytime running lights, and vehicle stability assist. If I could change one thing about it, I would want the audio controls on the steering wheel. Overall this is an EXCELLENT vehicle, and I would highly recommend it to anyone!!!

The. tall and short of it

by Big Dawg from Thach Alabama on Sat Jun 25 2011

I bought this car after shopping for a whole year. With the price of diesel increasing daily I thought it was time to get rid of my pickup and get a small fuel efficient car for my daily commute. I'm 6'2" tall and my wife is 4'10" tall so finding a vehicle that fits the 2 of us is not easy. Well the fit fit!! Easy to move the telescoping steering wheel to fit me as well as the wife. In the Fit you are not sitting so close to the ground that it is hard for a tall person to enter or so high that a short person has trouble. I love the features of this car..I got the sport model with Voice Command, Cruise Control, Paddle shifters And GPS. The steering wheel controls are great. After 26,000 miles my 2010 fit is getting over 37 miles per gallon and still handles like a slot car in curves and tight turns. Who needs a Sports Car when you have a Fit??!!!

Honda creates another winner

by Swildog from Portland, ME on Wed Oct 19 2011

Had a 2009 Fit Base 5-speed manual, updated to a 2011 Fit Sport 5-speed auto w/paddle shifters. First, what I didn’t like about the 09 base 5-speed manual: RPM’s @ 60mph in top gear about 3,000! Too high, even higher the faster you drove so effectively lower MPG’s @ interstate speed. Not to mention an engine that sounded like it might explode after long interstate drives. Love the Fit despite my picky comments on the engine and mechanical nature of the manual trans. Upgraded to the 11 Sport, much better feel on the road, looks better too, better interstate driver, less RPM’s problem solved, slight decrease in MPG’s despite average ratings between the two model showing similar if not better with an automatic v. manual . Paddle shifters are a nice option if you like to drive a stick and other drivers of your car can only drive auto trans. Tons of room! I routinely place my rear seats all the way down and load my mountain bike in with moving the passenger front seat forward. Got the door visors for the practicality of air venting and found the car to look even better with them. All around good value, great car, 2012 brings a few new shapes and body lines for those looking new.

Nice economical car

by JJMAN from Chesapeake, VA on Thu Sep 20 2012

We have had our FIT for over a year now with 20,000+ miles. We do really like it, get a no kidding 33 mpg highway and 26 mpg city. Only problem was the interior blower fan went out and was replaced under warranty. It can be a fun car to drive, you just have to get used to revving the engine up a little higher than was comfortable at first. When you fold the rear seats flat, you have a surprising amount of room for cargo in the back, almost van like. Some little nit picky things and the reason why I didnt give it a full 5 star rating are: The rear interior cloth material on the back of the seats when you fold the seats down is really thin and cheap, if you use the full cargo area this material tears like wraping paper. The bottom of the front bumper is very low, even a curb at a place like the grocery store is too high for it, we have scraped it numerous times. The suspension is stiff, I like that when driving around town. But my wife and I took it on a trip that was 8 hours each way and we were just physically wore out from all the road jarring and bumping around that the car submits you too.

Love my fit!

by 2011 Fit Driver from Raymond, MS on Thu May 15 2014

I purchased my 2011 Honda Fit two months ago. It is surprisingly very roomy inside the driver/passenger areas. It also has plenty of cargo space in the hatchback area. I love the extra storage areas under seats and in side panels. The car is somewhat noisy, but I actually have gotten used to it and don't mind it at all now. Gas mileage has been 37-40 mpg. However, the tank holds only 11 gallons, so even with this, I have to still stop at the gas station weekly because I travel long distance to work. On the upside, the amount I pay at the pump is much less for a fill up. Overall, I love my Honda Fit and would recommend it to anyone looking for economical, dependable transportation.

Changed my mind about small cars

by PuccaBean from Philadelphia PA on Tue Jun 11 2019

I grew up with Crown Vic's and pick up trucks. My first car was Honda Accord. I bought the Fit used as a second vehicle to drive for Uber and other side jobs that put miles on the car quickly. There is no denying the car is small, but it really maximizes the space it has. I'm 6ft tall and can sit in the backseat comfortably with the front seats pushed all the way back. The driver ride height is very good, especially for a car so low to the ground. If driven conservatively, the Fit can get close to 40mpg on the highway. The small engine is zippy enough for the driver alone, but take a friend or two along for the ride and you'll notice the difference right away. The interior is very flexible for hauling cargo, especially with the "magic seats" in the back. Even with the seats up there is generous cargo space considering the fact that it's a small hatchback. There are definitely some minor conveniences that are missing. For instance, there is no center console, no automatic headlights, and no adjustable speed intermittent wipers. There also is no passenger side door lock/unlock button. Unless you opt for the premium audio, the steering wheel does not have audio controls. Again, minor conveniences; but when considering the price point and the fact that the Fit is an entry level vehicle, it's more than understandable. All in all I thoroughly enjoy the fit and it's a nice contrast from my Accord.

So Far, Great Little Car!

by Fit Bobbi from NORTHBROOK, IL on Thu Nov 29 2018

I love this car and Muller Honda could not have been more helpful in helping me obtain it. My 1994 Saturn with will over 100,000 miles on it finally died. I've owned this car for two years now and I am extremely pleased - it's a fun car to drive. Finally, I can go to Home Depot and put items in the hatch back - they actually fit for a change - there's all kinds of room plus the back seats fold down making even more room. Leg room in the car is very good - the instrument panel is not cluttered with all kinds of buttons, knobs, screens, etc. I find the seating very comfortable and, in fact, when I'm in the car the seats actually relieve some of my back pain. The only draw back I have about the car is the rear vision out the back and side windows. I think that might be the reason Honda puts the great big outside mirrors on the car. You just have to be a little careful backing up and watch what you are doing. If this car lasts as long as the Prelude did, I'll be extremely pleased.

Excellent buy !

by CD from on Wed Jul 03 2013

Great buy ! Got 34 mpg on 1st tankful. For a small car, plenty of room and zip ! The color wasn't my 1st choice (candyred) but everything else about this Honda fit makes me smile. And the special mp3 memory stick attachment in the upper love compartment is an unexpected plus .

It's better than I think it is. It's awesome!

by DHKT from on Tue May 30 2017

The 2011 Fit should have won car of the year. It is full of wonderful small and not so small surprises. The day I bought it, I put my road bike in without taking off the tire. After 6 years, the car still finds ways to demonstrate how it is even better than I thought it was. Its name was perfectly chosen. It is a compact car, but feels much more roomy. While it is technically a compact car, I have packed more in it, and more comfortably, than friends with full size sedans can manage in their cars. It seems to have small amenities, shelves and cup holders everywhere you look putting everything you want in comfortable reach. It just fits perfectly around you. Stating that this car's primary use is commuting is only a technicality. It has been across the country 4 times, and I regularly use it for a wide range of adventures. But commuting piles on miles and it has supported my commuting needs admirably, as well. And it sits comfortable over 36 mpg after 6 years. It would be over safely over 37 (or even 38) if I didn't do so much mountain and dirt road driving.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Honda Fit

Editor’s note: This review was written in November 2010 about the 2010 Honda Fit. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Honda’s Fit does something not a lot of small cars can do: It acts like a larger car than its subcompact exterior suggests.

The enviable cargo and passenger space makes this hatchback a replacement for bigger sedans. Compared with its subcompact competitors, the Fit has a healthy dose of personality; on top of being able to haul a lot of goods, it’s also fun to drive.

The fun factor may not appeal to everyone, as some of the characteristics... Read More