2011 Fit

2011 Honda Fit

2011 Honda Fit

Have You Driven the 2011 Honda Fit?

Excellent car

by Fit fan from Miami on Mon Jul 24 2017

Reliable, plenty of room, good on gas, responsive, fun to drive, good cargo space, no mechanical problems.

Reliable Economy Car

by C.Chandler from Frederick, MD on Sat Feb 15 2020

This car has been very reliable with low maintenance. Gets great gas mileage and is an all around good car. The hatchback is great for being able to haul larger items such as furniture. Also great for running weekly errands around town with the family.

Small on the outside, Spacious on the inside

by madcoder on Tue Nov 07 2017

Sporty handling, capacious on the inside. Utilitarian 4-door hatch. Not as quick to accelerate or brake as some other cars, but it does the job of being a frugal commuter and people-hauler well.

Best car I’ve ever owned.

by BeckyC from Mount Airy NC on Sun Jun 28 2020

Great on gas. Drives smooth. Fits into small spaces. Room for my family. I love the color also. It’s got enough power for me. Nice roomy trunk.

Blew me away

by Mamagotcha from Chicago, IL on Wed Mar 30 2011

I've been driving Odysseys for most of the time I've been raising my kids. Now three of 'em are away at college and it's just me and the little guy. So it was time to downsize. I'm a big girl, and while the Civic was a great choice on paper... it just wasn't comfortable. I tried the Fit, even though I thought we were going to have to purchase a car older than 2006 (when the Fit first came out), and it was just right. Fortunately, the financing and negotiations went our way, and now we own a 2011 model. Fun to drive, lots of room, great little options (my only requirement was cruise control since we do long-distance road trips, but the A/C, power locks and windows, USB connection, and security system are all awesome too). The mileage really is almost as good as some of the hybrids out there... we're going to be saving almost a third of our car payment in gas alone! This really is a fun little car. Maybe it's not for everybody... but it definitely deserves your consideration if you are looking for reliability, safety, good looks and great mileage, all for a reasonable price.

An amazing car!

by creegah from Murphy, NC on Mon Apr 25 2011

Let me begin with what I DON'T like about this car. I am 6'5' and although it's very comfortable to drive, I have trouble exiting the vehicle because, in addition to having arthritis, I am not very flexible. My spouse, who is 5'4" has no problem. I think 117 HP is a little light. It certainly keeps up with traffic on the interstate but I live in the mountains (of NC) and there is constant downshifting and upshifting to maintain speed. I like the very clever use of space and how the rear seats are configured, I like the layout and the controls for the audio system and the climate control system but mainly I just love the way it handles on our narrow, steep and very twisty roads. I have driven sports cars that do not handle as well as the Fit. All it needs is a skosh more power. Maybe about 152 HP.

Very good little car!

by Rapid Roy from Connecticut on Thu Jun 16 2011

I've owned four Hondas, and liked them all. I'm average size and build, and the Fit Sport is one of the best Hondas I've owned so far. It has lots of interior room, and very good outward visibility. The controls are well made, have a good feel and are simply executed. I'm getting around 35 mpg overall at moderate speeds. This car has good power/acceleration and is comfortable and useful for it's size. The only downside I've noticed is that the brakes are good, but not great. I've also researched replacement tires for this car and the available options are pretty limited at this time. Overall, it's a very good car.

Most reliable car

by MacOverPc from Georgia on Sat Feb 05 2011

I'm 6'9" and i fit in this car, i average around 35 mpg per tank of fuel, handles great, great fuel economy.

Great Car

by Kawliga from New Albany, IN on Fri Mar 23 2012

I've have owned my 2009 Honda Fit Sport nearly 3 years now (18,000 miles). The reliability is second to none. Good pickup, easy to tool around in, and great gas mileage. My MPG average, according to the gas mileage reading my Honda provides, is 36.2 mpg around town. I drive mostly back and forth to work and around town. The seats are comfortable and this little car can haul fairly large loads when you put the back seats down and the right side passenger seat down. I didn't like the no car mats, the open trunk area (you can see whats in trunk because there is no cover), and cheap center arm rest. The dealer will try to charge you big bucks to get these items ($ 2,500 dollars or more). Buying a Honda Fit is not easy and the Honda dealers I used where, just let me say it wasn't an enjoyable car buying experience. I brought the car mats, trunk cover, and a new (better) arm rest at a reasonable price at a Honda Auth. supplier. I plan on keeping my Honda Fit until the wheels fall off and it appears that will be a long time.

It's a dream to drive

by Abbi from Southern California on Fri Mar 18 2011

This is the fourth Honda I've owned - all of them Civics. It is a dream to drive and almost drives itself. It looks small on the outside but is very roomy inside with comfortable seating. There is lots of storage space. The back seats fold down to increase the size of the storage space or the seat folds up for tall items. My only complaint is that the sun visors are too small. I'm only 5'1" and in the late afternoon I have the sun in my eyes.

Our Take on the 2011 Honda Fit

Editor’s note: This review was written in November 2010 about the 2010 Honda Fit. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Honda’s Fit does something not a lot of small cars can do: It acts like a larger car than its subcompact exterior suggests.

The enviable cargo and passenger space makes this hatchback a replacement for bigger sedans. Compared with its subcompact competitors, the Fit has a healthy dose of personality; on top of being able to haul a lot of goods, it’s also fun to drive.

The fun factor may not appeal to everyone, as some of the characteristics... Read More