2011 Fit

2011 Honda Fit

2011 Honda Fit

Have You Driven the 2011 Honda Fit?

Great little car!

by ToeJoe from Des Moines, IA on Sat Apr 07 2012

Bought a new 2011 Sport model with 5 speed automatic and paddle shifters. Mileage is great, 27 to 30 in the city with lots of stop and go driving. 33 to 36 highway. I even got 41 recently with a nice 20 to 30 mph tailwind. Very fun to drive with a great sporty look. Somewhat of a bumpy ride on rough roads, but hey, it is not a luxury vehicle. Also, auto transmission is a little squirrelly at times at low speeds, but not a big deal. Overall, I am very pleased with this car!

great car for the money

by picky buyer from Albuquerque, NM on Sun Feb 27 2011

This car was the best of a long list I shopped for and many categories I considered. The manufacturers of many cars have gotten better and better over the years but unfortunately the actual process of interacting with dealers hasn't changed much. This would be the only area of the car buying experience I had a problem with and it's a shame that the service hasn't kept up with the products.

Great little car

by Happy Fit Owner from Atlanta, GA on Mon Jan 16 2012

I have a 2011 Fit Sport with a manual transmission that I drive mostly in the city. The cargo capacity is amazing for such a small car, and the car is fun to drive. The gas mileage is much better than the EPA ratings --- 30 MPG in the most brutal, urban driving conditions; 40+ MPG on the highway; and 34+ MPG lifetime average for the car.

@ a 1000 miles

by Smiles from Fort Campbell on Mon Apr 04 2011

Then interior is a great design. The back seats can fold down to make the back completely open, or the bottom of the seat can be folded up for tall items. One back seat has a storage compartemt built in. I do like the car all around, except for the large lack of power. It is the only Honda with the 1.5L. The smallest engine that other modles come with is the 1.8L and the Fit really needs it. I have a stick and to get any go out of it I'm shifting about 7000rpm. The power comes in about 5000rpm. About 50hp more with a flatter power curve would make it a great. Even running the car that hard I get about 30 to 33 mpg

From a Manual to Automatic

by Abe from Calexico, CA on Thu Sep 29 2011

Had 2010 Base manual and just bought 2011 Sport Auto and the differences are amazing. Great car for fun or family. Gas mileage is great and this car is really fun, while still being economical. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Great little car - with one small fault.

by James Car Owner from Greensboro, NC on Mon Dec 05 2011

5000 miles into the Fit and it's a GREAT little car. Super quiet ride and AMAZINGLY usable interior space if maybe just a little too hard for long highway use. The "magic" seats are great and allow a tiny little car to swallow tons of stuff. I could talk on and on about the good things, and really I'm thrilled but I will put forth the one small fault that I think most owners will agree with. We got the manual transmission (which is a must, in my opinion) and this car desperately needs a 6th gear. At 70 mph, the rpms are in the 3500 range. If it had a 6th gear I'm sure it would do much better on gas. Not sure why the engineers would at very least put a higher ratio on 5th... 70 mph should be in the 2k range, it's not like this car is lacking completely in torque... Anyway, I highly recommend this car. For the money, it's unbeatable. Most people think they need a bigger car - but unless you have more than 3 kids or large dogs or take a LOT of stuff with you on vacation - this is really all the car you need.

Good car -- lots of space

by Red cars are fast from Cambridge, MA on Mon Dec 05 2011

I was going to get a Kia but finally decided on reliable Honda. I love the car but am a bit disappointed in the pickup...it isn't quite as "fun" as I thought it would be. However, it is good to drive and has all the room I need; I love the seats that flip up and go down for extra storage. I was also disappointed that I had to put an aftermarket bluetooth hands free system, which I think should be standard on every car. The first 2000 miles is good but the city gas mileage -- stop and start -- is still not good. I got 39 on the highway, though even with such low mileage. I hope it will be as reliable as my old Honda and it is red.

Most reliable and fun car I've owned.

by Heckert from Morgantown,WV on Wed Jan 30 2019

This car has so much cargo space!! Comfy seats. Good gas mileage. Fun to drive. Sometimes louder and bumpier ride than larger vehicles. Not bad though.

Love my car

by Kimbrough from Grand Rapids, Ohio on Sun Jul 22 2018

I love my new-to-me car! Read a lot of online reviews. Test drove one and bought it! Great gas mileage, much more room than you'd expect! Plenty of trunk space and adults are comfortable in back seat.

Honda FITS my needs and wants

by daphne from Waukesha Wi on Mon Aug 20 2018

This car is smaller, sporty and the most comfortable hatchback I have driven. I am SO impressed by all the windows. No blind spots. I chose white with black interior. Softest seat material I have found.

Our Take on the 2011 Honda Fit

Editor’s note: This review was written in November 2010 about the 2010 Honda Fit. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Honda’s Fit does something not a lot of small cars can do: It acts like a larger car than its subcompact exterior suggests.

The enviable cargo and passenger space makes this hatchback a replacement for bigger sedans. Compared with its subcompact competitors, the Fit has a healthy dose of personality; on top of being able to haul a lot of goods, it’s also fun to drive.

The fun factor may not appeal to everyone, as some of the characteristics... Read More