Skip to main content

Explore the 2024 Honda Ridgeline
Shop the 2024 Honda Ridgeline
4.0

2024 Honda Ridgeline VS Hyundai Santa Cruz Buying

I purchased a Black Edition in January of 2024. My consideration was for the Ridgeline or the Hyundai Santa Cruz. Both vehicles had decision making options for me that were in one vehicle but not the other. They may be minor to some people but were important to me. Neither of the vehicles had all of the options/features that I was looking for. Items that I was impressed with on the Santa Cruz that were not available of the Ridgeline were, larger touch screen, surround and turn signal cameras, more customizable tachometer/speedometer screen area, roll up bed cover, somewhat better gas mileage on the turbo engine, shifter to rest my hand on, 5 yr. 100K drive train warranty, timing chain not a belt. Items on the Ridgeline that were not available on the Santa Cruz were power passenger seat, better back seat legroom, larger under-bed storage with spare tire located in the area, larger/flatter bed area, more comfortable/larger interior, more center console space, rear HVAC passenger controls. Neither vehicle has a hybrid powertrain that I'd hoped for. Both vehicle manufacturers have good reliability histories, but the Ridgeline was a better overall fit for my needs. I've had Honda vehicles before and that helped to finalize my decision.