2018 Kona

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Outstanding Crossover!

by jaimehansen76 from Albany, OR on May 27, 2018

Our family was needed to downsize from a full-size SUV and we ended up falling in love with the Hyundai Kona. It's the perfect "in-between" car and performs like a dream. The gas mileage is just as good as our Elantra, if not better. We're a Hyundai family for life!

Fun car to drive!

by Alli"s Elantra GT from Blue Ash OH on May 5, 2018

Car handles very well and is very comfortable. No road noise on highway. Nice small SUV with lots of extras. I test drove the SEL, which has heated cloth seats, mirrors and a great stereo.

So Far...its great!

by frakona from Parma, Ohio on April 23, 2018

This car has a lot to offer for the money, very comfortable to drive and a lot of safety features. I would recommend it so far, but only had it for a short time.

Kona Ultimate

by JarHead65 from San Antonio on May 27, 2018

We always use the car with the rear seats down, so I cannot speak to rear seat legroom. We traded in an HR-V for the Kona. We loved the HR-V, but after about 3 hours on the road, the front seat became very uncomfortable. The Kona has a power drivers seat with lumbar support which should solve the problem. The 1.6l turbo seems to be a very capable engine and the car comes with enough bells and whistles to make anyone happy. NOTE: I attempted to leave the Reliability marking empty, because I have no idea of an accurate response at this time. However, the survey could not be submitted with that marking empty, and N?A is not offered as a response.

So far, so good

by Glennithy from Pittsburgh on May 12, 2018

The Kona keeps up on the highway. It doesn't have an easy time going up steep hills but steadily gets there. Typical Hyundai, the seats are firm. It's a fun, economical small SUV with lots of standard features.

Car is simple and easy to matain

by Bigredd on May 30, 2018

This is a lot of vehicle for the money you have a little of everything economy stylish technology comfort it a cross between a SUV and a car fun to drive.

Turborrific

by OCMD from Baltimore Md on July 19, 2018

The new Kona attracted us based on its sleek looks and fine lines. My favorite feature is the Turbo w/ DCT in the Ultimate model because it's quite quick and fun to run. I was surprised to later find out this engine is being discontinued in the 2019 Tuscon, and I'm puzzled to learn this and worried as to why. Our Kona goes around curves very well and is somewhat quiet for its size. However I do often notice noise transmitted to the cabin when contacting a crack in the road. Maybe because we have the FWD where you get the lesser rear suspension than the AWD. Still, I look forward to driving it and enjoying the positive features it has. One thing I've noticed is that many of the extra cost premium sound systems in cars are not my idea of premium sound, and you often can no longer just replace the head unit with an aftermarket unit like I did in our 2010 SUV, resulting in an amazing improvement. The SUV market has many choices and most of my friends would prefer a larger one, but it's best to look over a variety of brands, sizes, prices, and discounts, to find the one that's right for you. In my case it was finding something that both husband and wife can be happy with.

Does not recommend this car!!

Cute car!

by Audiegrace from Glen Ellyn IL on July 27, 2018

I think the Kona is a sporty, economical sub compact SUV crossover that meets my needs. It is roomy and comfortable inside, but small on the outside so it is a dream to maneuver . It has plenty of zip for getting around town, but is also great on the expressways. I appreciate its multimedia capabilities, rear window shading, heated front seats, and privacy cover over the back window. Besides all this, it has cute styling, just what a baby boomer likes after having minivans and sedans for the past 30 years!

FANTASTIC RIDE!!!!

by kimbarnabe from PORT CHARLOTTE on May 18, 2018

Comfortable, stylish, roomy, sleek and fun!!!! I had seen the Kona online and had to have one. It is roomier than I thought and the ride is amazing????

Zippy, stylish and decidedly cool looking car

by Nancy542 from Waco, TX on June 7, 2018

I purchased the Hyundai Kona Ultimate in a cool surf blue for daughter as her college graduation present. I'm confident this car will see her through the next few years as she establishes herself professionally. Hyundai provides a warranty that tops most of the other brands out there. This car has a cool vibe with the beefy treatment around the wheel wells and the strong front grill. There are several areas around the exterior with a few curvy details and lights. The engine is turbocharged and has more than enough power on demand when needed. The interior swaddled you like a cocoon and feels very safe. Thoughtful placement for controls abound the steering wheel. My favorite item is the heads-up display (only available on the Ultimate), Love, love,clove it!!!! The rear compartment is a fair size and there's a nicely organized compartment under the rear cargo area. We've experienced approximately 33.5 mpg driving mostly local roads. Overall, I'm very pleased with the vehicle. Only disappointment was we could've probably done better on the price, but they knew they had us on the car. Give it a test drive if you're in the market for a small, stylish little crossover that's loaded with all the best safety features.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11