2018 Kona

2018 Hyundai Kona

2018 Hyundai Kona

Have You Driven the 2018 Hyundai Kona?

Outstanding Crossover!

by jaimehansen76 from Albany, OR on Sun May 27 2018

Our family was needed to downsize from a full-size SUV and we ended up falling in love with the Hyundai Kona. It's the perfect "in-between" car and performs like a dream. The gas mileage is just as good as our Elantra, if not better. We're a Hyundai family for life!

Fun car to drive!

by Alli"s Elantra GT from Blue Ash OH on Sat May 05 2018

Car handles very well and is very comfortable. No road noise on highway. Nice small SUV with lots of extras. I test drove the SEL, which has heated cloth seats, mirrors and a great stereo.

Awesome buy

by MastrFig from Berthod, colorado on Thu Jun 21 2018

I purchased this car do to the style and price with the knowledge that it is a SMALL suv i have two kids in car seats and that was my only real concern, the two engine options are 4cyl or 4cyl turbo, the turbo was very fun and had plenty of power where as the none turbo was really all that was needed to get the job done and got better fuel efficiency, i got the none turbo and i am very happy as i seaid i tested this car for two days so I understood that it is a small engine and small suv so power is not as good as you may want but it?s plenty. As far as room it is exactly what i need it fits myself the wife and two kids but no more and the trunk / hatch is very limited on space however for a normal person that does not hord items in my car it works perfectly. I have already had this car on a off highway dirt road that it really shouldnt have been on and it did just fine i am averaging 33mpg combined highway and city in Colorado. Over all i love my purchase and the warranty is unbeatable

So far, so good

by Glennithy from Pittsburgh on Sat May 12 2018

The Kona keeps up on the highway. It doesn't have an easy time going up steep hills but steadily gets there. Typical Hyundai, the seats are firm. It's a fun, economical small SUV with lots of standard features.

Excellent automobile for the price

by Lori from Maryland on Sun Jul 15 2018

This car has all the features I looked for when I went shopping for my new car - quiet cabin, comfy seating, rear view camera, and Apple Car Play. The cabin is roomy and fits my 6? 5? guy with leg room to spare. It handles great with an excellent steering response and it?s subcompact design makes the suv feel like I?m driving a smooth sedan.

FANTASTIC RIDE!!!!

by kimbarnabe from PORT CHARLOTTE on Fri May 18 2018

Comfortable, stylish, roomy, sleek and fun!!!! I had seen the Kona online and had to have one. It is roomier than I thought and the ride is amazing????

Turborrific

by OCMD from Baltimore Md on Thu Jul 19 2018

The new Kona attracted us based on its sleek looks and fine lines. My favorite feature is the Turbo w/ DCT in the Ultimate model because it's quite quick and fun to run. I was surprised to later find out this engine is being discontinued in the 2019 Tuscon, and I'm puzzled to learn this and worried as to why. Our Kona goes around curves very well and is somewhat quiet for its size. However I do often notice noise transmitted to the cabin when contacting a crack in the road. Maybe because we have the FWD where you get the lesser rear suspension than the AWD. Still, I look forward to driving it and enjoying the positive features it has. One thing I've noticed is that many of the extra cost premium sound systems in cars are not my idea of premium sound, and you often can no longer just replace the head unit with an aftermarket unit like I did in our 2010 SUV, resulting in an amazing improvement. The SUV market has many choices and most of my friends would prefer a larger one, but it's best to look over a variety of brands, sizes, prices, and discounts, to find the one that's right for you. In my case it was finding something that both husband and wife can be happy with.

Does not recommend this car!!

A hot number

by Shel from Palmetto on Fri Jul 20 2018

We needed a smaller vehicle that would allow us more room in our garage, but still, have the good looks and performance of the larger cars from Hyundai we used to own. The all-new Kona Limited fit the bill. It is on the smaller side but has the power of a small hot rod. It does lack a comfortable ride due to its suspension and size. The passenger front seat does not have a height adjustment and the cargo space is limited. All that being said and you can overlook a couple of small inconveniences, this vehicle is spot on. Fun to drive, very responsive, and even tho it does not have the cushy drive that my larger vehicle had, this little gem is a keeper. Hyundai never seems to put out a bad vehicle.

Very good cross over

by San from Richmondhill on Sun Apr 22 2018

It met all my needs has an excellent pickup and drives smoothly. The awd feature helps while driving on snow. Much recomended for a city ride.Has different driving modes which suites where you drive.

Best car for the money

by Thopter21 from Palm beach gardens , fl on Mon Aug 27 2018

This car is an absolute beast in handling comfort, style, mpg, and affordability. I have driven many sports cars, suvs, sedans, coupes, trucks, etc; but this car beats most of them, and I?ll explain why. This car drives incredibly smooth, and can handle corners so well( must be the torque vectoring). I mean my 2017 gt can even takes corners as good as this car. The sport mode is pretty cool, but more effective in city streets. This car can keep up the pace on highways quite effortlessly which is very suprising. It menuvers so well on the highway that it almost feels like a mini coop as you shift in an out of lanes. I bought this car for my fianc�e and she cannot stop raving about how awesome the car fells, drives, and looks. The apple car play system it has along with the audio system is phenominal and so simplistic/ fast to use. Apple car play in this car is better then what I?ve seen in Honda?s which are overly comlex, Subaru?s which are slow to the touch, and Ford which glitches to much. I cannot express how much I love this car. It?s so much car for the money, not to mention you get the best warranty on the market. This is a must buy. We currently own the SEL.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Our Take on the 2018 Hyundai Kona

The verdict:

The all-new 2018 Hyundai Kona is distinctively styled and feels light and agile, but it's more a hatchback than a small SUV.

Versus the competition:

The Kona's lower stance mimics the Toyota C-HR's, and its nimble driving manners are reminiscent of a Fiat 500X. Meanwhile, the Chevrolet Trax has slightly better ride comfort, while the Honda HR-V is more versatile.

The subcompact SUV class has stretched the definition of sport utility vehicle more than most. Some entrants, like the C-HR, offer a carlike ride height and skip all-wheel drive (it's front-drive only). The Kona at least offers all-wheel drive, making it easier to think of it as an SUV, but its low ride height and overall shape call to mind a more traditional small hatchback.

Our test car was a front-wheel-drive Kona SEL with a $22,405 as-tested price ($980 destination charge included). See how the Kona's specs compare with the Trax, HR-V and C-HR.

How It Drives

The Kona's driving experience impresses in many ways. It's easy to maneuver in the city and secure at highway... Read More