Skip to main content

• Exterior 4.8
Explore the 2018 Hyundai Kona
Shop the 2018 Hyundai Kona

I Still Love this Car

I love the low cost to maintain this car. My work allows me little downtime. The ride is decent as well as comfort. It has most of the current bells and whistles The pickup could be a little better and sometimes it does not recover from a downshift as quickly as it should.

Excellent purchase.

This compact SUV lives up to all the positive reviews. Very comfortable ride, spacious seating, powerful turbo. Glad I paid more for the Ultimate with all the extras.

Love the SEL AWD.

The all wheel drive in our SEL model came in very handy during last year's winter. A very comfortable and easy to drive car so far. The 6 speed automatic transmission takes some getting used to though.

My Kona is reliable and affordable.

I really like my Kona. Great gas mileage. Comfortable seats for driving. Nice size- not too big. Enough technological advances, but not too many. Very cute and sporty. I don’t like that the hatch doesn’t pop open from the key fob. I don’t need an automatic lift, but it would be great if I didn’t have to click it open by hand. I have also noticed that I can’t drive on the highway with the windows open. The noise and vibrations are irritating. Also, I can’t always tell if my lights are on as I live in a well-lit city. I have to turn the interior lights on to see if the handle is on the right click as it doesn’t light up. (The same symbol lights up on the dash of it’s parking lights only or all lights.). Overall, however, I am very happy with my purchase and would buy one again.

The color Red is perfect and I love it

The car met all my needs and I have plenty of leg room and I will purchase another suv just like this one Love it

Love my Kona

I always had big SUV's and trucks so I was scared to downsize. Love my Kona!! I was also scared since it was the first year but I mad a great choice!

Drives like a luxury car

I own the ultimate trim level and it feel like I'm driving a more expensive car. It is smooth at changing gears and quiet when it drives. It feels sturdy too, like it's made of heavier materials then most budget brands (in a good way). I love it! I gave it 4 stars for exterior styling because I'm not a fan of the amount of black plastic on the exterior in contrast with the paint.

Not the best

I bought the 2018 kona within the first month it came out. It had 28 miles on it. At first I loved it and then ended up having so many issues with it. Thank God I leased it. I had my horn just stop working. A piece of the side paneling fall off when driving on the thru way, I went thru two sets of tires. Also I had a callibur break and I had to have a brand new alternator put in. This was all within 2 1/2 years. I just turned the car in at 28K miles to try something else.

4.0

car is ok some problems that I can not get fixed

Good is ok in some aspects. Have some things I think are not correct. But again dealer told me things I hear are normal. I do not think so because they are getting worse.

Kona limited

The car is very stylish and comfortable. I love it so far. It does respond to the speed very well and it feels very safe inside. Cool looking from the outside. A huge upgrade from other versions to the Limited. Small and comfortable car with the advantages of an SUV.