2002 Sonata

2002 Hyundai Sonata

2002 Hyundai Sonata

4.1

Have You Driven the 2002 Hyundai Sonata?

I love this car....

by Satisfied from on Sun Nov 16 2008

I just recently purchased my Hyundai Sonata and I absolutely love it. The style is beautiful, the inside is very luxurious. I love my car, it rides smooth, the handling is good and it's small and reliable and fuel efficent Just right for me. I would difinitely recommend this car to a friend.

Great Sedan for the Money!!!

by Matt707 on Fri Feb 15 2019

Great Car for the money! V-6 is smooth and has more than enough power. 200,000 miles + is no problem with this car. Keep it maintained and you will get way more than your money's worth!!! ! AAAAAAA++++++++

This car is very reliable and comfortable.

by Fariba Rahimi from Los Angeles, California on Thu Jul 23 2020

This car met all of my needs. I am selling it , because I can't afford it right now and I don't drive much now.

I love my Hyundai. Comfortable good looking great.

by Bette69 from Lady lake Florida on Sat Aug 22 2020

I feel rich when I drive it Like everything about it Smooth ride Fast Yummy looking Every one wants it My friend said its comparable to a Lexus Or Mercedes

Quality and Value at Affordable Prices!

by RemKay from Olney, Md on Wed Aug 26 2009

I have owned 4 Sonatas (1989, 1999, 2002, 2009). My 2002 Sonata, which my family still drives, has over 200,000 miles and still runs practically as well as the day I bought it! That is why I keep coming back to Hyundai. As always, Hyundai offers products of quality and value with all the "bells and whistles" and feel of "expensive" cars at affordable prices. I continue to advise my friends and colleagues to purchase one when they are looking to buy a new car. You can be sure, I'll keep coming back to Hyundai the next time I decide to purchase another car.

Greatest car I've owned really

by Kjb12180 from Troy,Ny on Tue Jan 19 2010

great reliable car. my battery has lasted eight years and still going. only problem Ive had is the plastic on the headlights fade away.

Excellent car, very comfortable, economical!

by DowntownR from Sacramento, CA on Sat Aug 12 2006

The Hyundai Sonata GLS is a fantastic car and very ecomical. I have never had any problems with mine and it still drives like it is brand new. Hyundai has come a long way with their cars and they are now definitely on the same level as Toyota and Honda. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Have no complaints

by carguyfrank from Pittsburgh, PA on Tue Nov 12 2013

Purchased from Sr citizen who was moving closer to family. 2002 GLS with the 2.7 V6. Has all options. 41,000 miles. Leather interior like new. A couple door dings and scratches on bumper. Had body shop make it like new by painting bumpers. Fixed the dings. Car is kind of fun, decent power for year. Dependable so far. Decided to do 60, 000 service because of cars age. Car looks new inside and out. Going to drive till 100, 000. To change cars look changed front grill to Korean spec grill. Changed look of car to something more expensive. No complaints about car at all. Great $4500 buy.

Money Pit

by ohio guy from Columbus, OH on Tue Jul 03 2012

When i purchased this vehicle in 2008, I thought it was the best thing that i had ever owned. One month after the warranty expired and three months after I bought it the first signs of trouble occurred. I had to replace the alternator. Since then I've replaced it once every year since I've owned the car. I've even taken it to several Hyundai dealers and no one can tell me why it goes out so fast. I've had to replace the suspension twice, the brakes have even gone out on me while driving, and after it happened and i had it towed back to the dealer, they told me that the rotors and brakes had completely detached from the wheel. The rotors constantly end up separating, which means new brake systems. This car also blows tires with every pot hole you go over. If you enter any construction, chances are you will need 2 new tires by the time your done driving. The timing belt gets replaced once a year as well, and I've also had to replace the exhaust system twice. This car is a money pit and unsafe for interstate driving. I wouldn't wish this car on my worst enemy. I got a good 45,000 miles out of this car, but i thought when i bought it it would at least get up to 180,000. I was wrong. 130,000 is all it's good for. It seems as though Hyundai just jazzed the inside up so that it seemed like a nice car. Not worth the money spent. DO NOT BUY!!!!! worst car I have ever owned.

Does not recommend this car!!

DO NOT BUY

by Tim MaGiving from Syracuse, NY on Wed Jun 07 2006

this car sucks i should have not even of bougt it for $7699.00 but it is not even worth $100.00 do not buy this car it always breakes down and the ratater fans always blow.

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 2002 Hyundai Sonata

If you say that Hyundai makes a car you might consider buying, people look at you as if you said Martha Stewart had gained 300 pounds and moved to a trailer park in Arkansas.

Well, I don’t know about ol’ Martha, but I do know that the new Hyundai Sonata is a pretty decent little transportation device. Not that you’ll mistake it for best in show, but it’s a solid C+ student, gunning for a B.

You can see Hyundai striving to be taken more seriously everywhere in this car.

The styling is pure social-climber, kicking a bit of Mercedes up front and Jaguar and Oldsmobile in the rear. Yet, despite the divergent influences, the styling works. Even a dull silver paint scheme... Read More