2018 Sonata

2018 Hyundai Sonata

2018 Hyundai Sonata

Have You Driven the 2018 Hyundai Sonata?

Good Vehicle For The Price.

by Purchase For Wife from Texas on Sun Sep 17 2017

Very nice family sedan, economical and comfortable. Nice looks both inside and out and lots of features for the price. The SE has added features like AC, Auto Tranny, Apple Play (awesome feature) Cruise, Power Package (Except The Seats), and Driver Asst (Rear Camera and Such). The 4 cylinder engine delivers sufficient power, and the interior room seats 5 adults comfortably . Only Drawback So Far: Issues with the AC fan blower not maintain constant set speed (especially during deceleration), need to take to dealer to have it checked out (good thing the 5 year warranty covers the defect/issue).

I love my new Sonata

by Dr. Primetime from Macon, GA on Tue Jul 03 2018

This car is the car of my dreams. It has so much technology which used properly will keep me a safe driver. I truly love the smart cruise control and the lane assist. The best part is the voice technology has improved so much over the years. I can get navigation without taking my eyes off the road. The gas mileage is awesome.

Sonata for the sweet 16!

by Punky J from Meridian, MS on Thu Jun 21 2018

Love this car. Drives very good. Love the MyHyundai app. Extremely pleased with the stylish look. The lights are awesome. Worth the money!! I would buy from Wilson again

Most economical car I owned

by Johncallend from Courtland manor on Sat Feb 16 2019

It is good on gas and a comfortable little car for the money the only thing I don't like you have to make appointment for a oil change when I owned Chevy and dodge they took it in when I stop for a oil change yes you have to wait. But a appointment for just a oil change is ridiculous

Love my new Sonata

by Gail from Peoria, AZ on Sat Jan 05 2019

I love the way it drives. The gas mileage is fantastic. I live in Arizona and didn't think I would use the heated seats, but we had a cold snap and man, are they nice.

Comfort, quality sound, smooth ride

by Chartnett1 from Palm Coast, FL on Mon Jan 08 2018

The 2018 Hyundai Sonata Limited has met all of my expectations and more. It is a very comfortable, roomy car. Comfort is a need for me and it was definitely met. The quality sound is also a need for me, due to my passion for music, and the car has beautiful sound. In addition, the car rides very smoothly. I long to drive it around because it’s such a beautiful, comfortable car and every ride is a pleasure.

I love my Hyundai Sonata!

by AJ from Aurora IL on Mon Jul 30 2018

I love my car so far, it has great leg room, I love the screen, the exterior of my car is beautiful. I am in love.

Greatest Ride

by Donna from Springdale, Ohio on Mon Jul 06 2020

Excellent Drives very good. Good mileage. Black and Silver interior. Stainless steel gas pedal and brake. Purchased extender warranty. Will transfer to new owner. The rear view back up camera is great. Most clear image i have ever had on a back up camera. Loaded with extras This is the Sonata Sport model.

You can’t beat it for the money

by Ptcruiser1945 from Madison, Al on Fri Jun 01 2018

I was always a Toyota man, but when I went looking Toyota wasn’t dealing. I went into the Hyundai dealer in Huntsville Alabama and was amazed at the quality. The sticker price was 25618.00, they they had a 5000.00 rebate and plus 500.00 off because I was prior military, and gave me 9500.00 for my 2014 Toyota hybrid gave me 9500.00 trade in which was 500.00 over bluebook I had to by a Hyundai Sonata SE and have never regretted it. It has more safety features then my wife’s 2018 C 300 Mercedes.

Drives like a Mercedes but costs less than a Chevy

by Hyundai547 from Arlington TX on Thu Jun 07 2018

I test drove and researched (to obsession according to my wife) and decided on the Sonata. The dealer gave me a Sonata loaner for the weekend because he knew I'd be hooked. He was right. On Monday morning, I gave him back the keys to the loaner with the stated stipulation he would sell me one just like it. He just laughed because he knew that would happen. Everything about the car says it should cost more than it does. The controls and layout are intuitive, even with all the bell & whistles. I can't say that of others I've test driven. For example, take another car out for a test drive at night and see if you can adjust the remote mirror without turning on the cabin lights and hunting for the control. Another example of good engineering is under the hood; there are no extra holes or brackets because the Hyundai engineering was done right. There is a rubber seal along the front edge of the engine hood . They didn't have to do that on an inexpensive car, but it keeps the engine bay cleaner and cuts down wind noise. The same level of attention was given to the bottom of the car... there is a series of panels underneath that cut wind disturbance under the car. All around, the level of attention to good engineering shows. I will say I noticed 2 things that might be improved upon for 2019, and they are very minor. 1. The right rear fender well wiggles because it conceals the muffler and so it can't have a support strut stiffener like the left fender well has. In practice, the fender well is strong. I only noticed it when washing the car. 2. The trunk lighting inside is weak. I attached a 4 foot strip of white LED's, adhered across the trunk roof, which fixed that. I don't expect to change another thing on the car. It's that good.

Our Take on the 2018 Hyundai Sonata

The verdict:

The 2018 Hyundai Sonata is not a full redesign, but this quiet, comfortable sedan has significantly improved in looks, interior feel and driving dynamics.

Versus the competition:

The 2018 Sonata is still mid-pack in many ways, but it’s hard to beat its value in features for the dollar and class-leading warranty coverage.

The mid-size sedan was once the bread and butter of U.S. car sales. That was especially true for Hyundai and its Sonata, which put the brand on the map in the U.S. Now, even scrambling to offer more SUVs, Hyundai hasn’t forgotten the Sonata sedan, which has been updated for 2018 as it faces new competition.

One focus of this mid-cycle refresh of the Sonata was to put some pizzazz back into a design that was watered down in the seventh generation’s 2015 debut. But the interior and chassis also got tweaks that make the car more satisfying as its competition heats up: The big dogs of the mid-size class, the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, have both been redesigned for 2018.

Hyundai also... Read More