2008 Hyundai Veracruz consumer reviews

Explore the 2008 Hyundai Veracruz
Shop the 2008 Hyundai Veracruz
1.7

Death Trap

This Hyundai has not stopped having major problems. Initially they began charging us for repairs until I expressed my extreme frustration with the ongoing issues. Granted this is a used vehicle, however, it was still quite expensive, $13,000, to have to continuously invest hundreds and potentially thousands of dollars into it. These issues have been very dangerous as well. Wiper motor going out during a storm. That was repaired. Now, the new one just did the same thing, leaving her stranded on the side of the freeway with one of her kids. Power steering issues, multiple electrical issues, window motor, catalytic converter, muffler, new tires needed, just to name a few. All after being assured the vehicle was inspected and gone over and had no problems at all!

4.4

Very good car and great value

Best car in its class. Bought in 2008. This review is from 2019. Surprised Hyundai stopped making this car. 7 passenger and still room for luggage. Those back seats fit real people. Not dolls. Engine is a little wimpy and it does not handle like a porche but for less than 20K. Thats what we paid new it is more than enough. I hear Genesis may make its own car. However I think the Kia and Hyundai will have bigger vehicles first. Our next vehicle is likely the Sante Fe. Seats 6 and gets better gas mileage. Oh and I own a genesis. What can I say I like 10 year 100K warranty

Nice Vera Cruz

This vehicle is perfect for a small family. Small in size but with enough interior space to seat 7 comfortably. V6 engine is perfect for highway speeds and smooth ride. The cargo space is tiny but a luggage rack upgrade would make it perfect.

4.1

Very reliable suv

Very nice vehicle to own. Very very nice suv. It was a pleasure driving this suv everyday. Happy with the purchase. Buy one you will not regret it.

Absolutely the Best Vehicle for 1 or more to own

I think this is the most comfortable vehicle that seats 7 people with enough leg room and comfort even in the third row. I own this vehicle and I have riden as a passenger for 12 hours. From North Carolina to Michigan and was totally shocked at how nice it is to enjoy a ride in such comfort. I enjoyed watching movies on the DVD through the headsets. The vehicle was used to travel for work while experiencing all the safety features and feeling secure. I enjoyed this vehicle that when I decided to buy a new one it was disappointing to realize they stop making this specific model.

4.1

Cheap, reliable three row SUV

Bought it for $13k, major parts never gave us trouble. Some auxiliary parts like power lift gate had issues. Handling was ok. Ride was good, but had suspension noise like reported when new by a major magazine. It seemed to drink the fuel. It felt small for how much space it had. DVD player was nice for the kids.

Love my Hyundai

I love my Hyundai veracruz,it cruises,drives and very comfy. It seats 8 very comfortable. I would decently buy another,I have not put much money.into it .

3.4

Good inexpensive SUV

Car is bottom of the line, but if you are on a budget with 3 kids and equipment and a dog with sometimes some neighbor's kids, this is an inexpensive option to get from point a to b. Love the fold down 3rd row, but wish the back had been made from something other than cloth. Kids love that they have their on vents and that their seats lay down for long drives. The driving experience is about what you would expect from a heavy car on a light frame, a little sluggish and clunky, but it works to get around town.

most reliable car i have ever owned

it drives like the day i bought 9 yrs ago, very reliable, low miles for the years would buy another Hyundai anytime

Always makes me feel good driving this vehicle

If not for my priorities changing, I prefer to keep this vehicle. I love the way it drives and the Infinity premium sound is awesome.