Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Veracruz

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

4.4

Have You Driven the 2008 Hyundai Veracruz?

Great Value

by Empty Nester from Franklin, TN on Mon Jan 10 2011

We just purchased our Veracruz in June of '10. We've have been so pleased have already recommended it to others in my age range (53/55) for their next auto purchase. You don't have to climb up or drop down to get in - great for less than healthy hip joints. The power liftgate feature makes raising and pulling down that heavy door from overhead a non-factor. On a 2500 mile trip, we were very comfortable with the open interior. NO COMPLAINTS! Yes, better gas mileage would help, but not a deal breaker. Our vehicle had 9K miles when we bought it and it is an '08. Don't let the year discourage you. The '09 - '11 are identical. Great Vehicle for ANY age buyer!

Carries every which way!

by love the cruz and cure from Upstate New YOrk on Tue Feb 07 2012

Replaced my Murano with the Vericruz. I had all the bells on the Murano-fewer on the Vericruz but like it better, It carries many more people and more stuff. The seating configuration allows great flexibility-becaue seats fold down easily and you can even fold down the left side and seat people on the right in the 2nd and 3rd row. Back (3rd)row can seat adults. Love the quietness of the engine. I have had it running and it is so quiet at idle you can't tell if it is on or off. Gas mileage is about what I got with the Murano-22 highest for highway driving steadily.In town is about 17/18. I got mine used one year ago and am now at 50,000. It has a good ride-lots of useful features that are not obvious immediately but that you will appreciate having. The funky blue mood light is quirky but the car is a great deal and I suppose a secret because they are really hard to find but worth it when you do .I had to hunt one down! Car is used to commute long distances and to haul kids and sporting equipment.

reliable used suv

by frosty from Florida on Wed May 11 2011

several years back, I began to look at this companie's product line. being an aging car enthusiast who has owned several high end luxury automobiles and more than twenty-five new and used auto's during my fifty years of driving, I believe the recent line of vehicles from this manufacturer to be among the best in the world. So, I purchased their new Hyundai Genesis two and a half years ago and what a good move. then came the time to replace my 2004 Ford F150 Lariat. I begun to look at vehicles such as the honda pilot, toyota highlander and value for $. The vera cruz came out on top on almost every issue. This is undoubtably one of the best vehicles i have owned. Though, I purchased this vehicle pre-owned, I highly reccomend this vehicle to friends and I will probably buy another

Great Value!

by KKaye16 from Bentonville, AR on Wed Jun 03 2009

Owned a Honda Odyssey that believe it or not broke down on me CONSTANTLY! Loved the look of the Vera Cruz and the price. Was skeptical at first but loved that it had a 3rd row seat and rear DVD player for long trips. Had a small problem with a fuel sensor but it was a minor repair. Other than that, it drives great but could use a little more room in the back when the 3rd row seat is up. I guess thats the sacrifice you make when you give up a minivan but at least now, I look somewhat cooler when I drive the kids around :)

Just purchased used 2009 with 90k

by Andy from Salt Lake City UT on Wed Apr 23 2014

My wife and I just purchased a Veracruz and while the miles are high, the car was in exceptional condition. There was one exception as one of the rear wheel bearings was going out, but we negotiated that into the deal. Otherwise, we love the vehicle and especially all the features that you would not find on a brand new Highlander. Time will tell on reliability though...

Best top of the line auto to date

by over 65 from Houston Tx. on Mon Aug 16 2010

This auto has all of the features that you need for any kind of as trip. The only think that was missing was a rear camera but it does have sensors.

Nice ride

by family driver from Northern Michigan on Sun Mar 16 2008

Bought it on a whim, it is our second Hyundia and we love it. Handles great in all weather. Quiet ride, great looks and well priced for all that you get. If your looking to upgrade to a luxury vehicle, but don't want to spend a fortune, check one out.

Love the Veracruz

by Research Girl from on Thu Feb 14 2013

This care more than exceeded our expectations!! Smooth ride, comfortable interior. Would highly recommend it!

Most Unreliable new car I have ever owned

by "Unsatisfied Consumer" from Council Bluffs, Iowa on Fri Feb 15 2008

Bought car Dec. 22, 2007. It has failed to start for us 4 different times, twice in one day. Twice in Jan. 24th & 27th and twice on Feb. 13th. Good thing I have towing assistance. After about an hour it all of sudden starts?? Had it to dealership twice can't find problem if it does not act up for mechanics. First trip to shop they said it was loose conection on battery cable, now what is the excuse. Will have my car indefinitly this time. We really love the car if it would only start. It's roomy, sharp looking, smooth drive w /AWD, heated seats, 4 doors, fold down 3 rd row seat, it's the SE model. But a women being stuck alone with a car that won't start is not a good thing.

Does not recommend this car!!

The first crossover I have ever owned.

by sumitup from albuquerque, nm on Sun Apr 04 2010

I was looking for something a little bigger than the Pontiac Gran Prix I had. So I started shopping for Crossover's and SUV. I am big fella (6 ft 3 and 315 lbs). I test drove many Crossover's and SUV's and narrowed my search down to 3 to 4 vehicles. The Honda Pilot fit fine, but seem to fit better for a person who has family (children) with or without the extras. The Yukon and Tahoe fit as well but was a little to large. The Veracruz fit and did not seem to be to much or to little room (fit). Gas mileage ahs been a surprize for me. With 2 road trips, I was averaging 34 to 39 miles per gallon (cruise at 75 mph) and City was about 17 to 19 miles to gallon. I have had no maintenance issues, except burnt out daylight running lamp. I am scheduled for first oil change (3-4 months, 3400 miles). This car is well worth the money !!!!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2008 Hyundai Veracruz

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2007 about the SE FWD and Limited FWD versions of the 2007 Hyundai Veracruz. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The number of three-row crossover SUVs has grown dramatically over the past few months, with new models like the Mazda CX-9 and Saturn Outlook offering alternatives to the traditional SUV. Hyundai's new seven-seat Veracruz is the latest to join the category, and on the whole it matches up well against the competition with its smooth ride, quiet cabin and interior quality, making it a must-drive for consumers in this market.

Ride... Read More