2008 Hyundai Veracruz

Good inexpensive SUV

by on August 23, 2017

Car is bottom of the line, but if you are on a budget with 3 kids and equipment and a dog with sometimes some neighbor's kids, this is an inexpensive option to get from point a to b. Love the fold down 3rd row, but wish the back had been made from something other than cloth. Kids love that they have their on vents and that their seats lay down for long drives. The driving experience is about what you would expect from a heavy car on a light frame, a little sluggish and clunky, but it works to get around town.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

most reliable car i have ever owned

by from sheboygan,wi on August 20, 2017

it drives like the day i bought 9 yrs ago, very reliable, low miles for the years would buy another Hyundai anytime

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Always makes me feel good driving this vehicle

by on August 7, 2017

If not for my priorities changing, I prefer to keep this vehicle. I love the way it drives and the Infinity premium sound is awesome.

Love it

by from St Louis mo on July 11, 2017

3 row seating, comfortable Drive, great gas mileage. Just love it. Wish I would have had 4 wheel drive. If back gate window opened separately, would give me so many more transporting options.

Uses car for Havingfun

Owner

by from Oakville, Ontario on April 9, 2017

A year after I bought my 2008 three year old Veracruz I started to experience intermittent problems with the abs/esc lights coming on. I reported the problem to the dealer on seven separate visits while the vehicle was under warranty and they confirmed there was a problem. However, the dealer refused to repair it, saying that its best to wait until the sensors and/or control fail with the lights stay on all the time. Well, by the time the control unit failed with the lights on all the time the warranty had expired. The dealership has refused to cover repairs although they promised they would when the failure was intermittent, warranty or not. Very, very disheartened as the repairs will cost more than $3k!

Just purchased used 2009 with 90k

by from Salt Lake City UT on April 23, 2014

My wife and I just purchased a Veracruz and while the miles are high, the car was in exceptional condition. There was one exception as one of the rear wheel bearings was going out, but we negotiated that into the deal. Otherwise, we love the vehicle and especially all the features that you would not find on a brand new Highlander. Time will tell on reliability though...

Love the Veracruz

by from on February 14, 2013

This care more than exceeded our expectations!! Smooth ride, comfortable interior. Would highly recommend it!

happy owner

by from north attleboro ma on October 4, 2012

car is 5 star across ownership spectrum.gas mileage is weak linkfor this car,but it is not enough to down grade the product. does everything well and makes feel like an extension of driver. i have 51k on car and runs as good as day came off lot.

Carries every which way!

by from Upstate New YOrk on February 7, 2012

Replaced my Murano with the Vericruz. I had all the bells on the Murano-fewer on the Vericruz but like it better, It carries many more people and more stuff. The seating configuration allows great flexibility-becaue seats fold down easily and you can even fold down the left side and seat people on the right in the 2nd and 3rd row. Back (3rd)row can seat adults. Love the quietness of the engine. I have had it running and it is so quiet at idle you can't tell if it is on or off. Gas mileage is about what I got with the Murano-22 highest for highway driving steadily.In town is about 17/18. I got mine used one year ago and am now at 50,000. It has a good ride-lots of useful features that are not obvious immediately but that you will appreciate having. The funky blue mood light is quirky but the car is a great deal and I suppose a secret because they are really hard to find but worth it when you do .I had to hunt one down! Car is used to commute long distances and to haul kids and sporting equipment.

Worst car

by from Ottawa ontario on July 23, 2011

The Veracruz is not a very reliable It is always in the shop. We have spent thhe last two years at the dealers for several different problems

Our Expert Review: 2008 Hyundai Veracruz