2008 Veracruz

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

4.3

Have You Driven the 2008 Hyundai Veracruz?

Great Value

by Empty Nester from Franklin, TN on Mon Jan 10 2011

We just purchased our Veracruz in June of '10. We've have been so pleased have already recommended it to others in my age range (53/55) for their next auto purchase. You don't have to climb up or drop down to get in - great for less than healthy hip joints. The power liftgate feature makes raising and pulling down that heavy door from overhead a non-factor. On a 2500 mile trip, we were very comfortable with the open interior. NO COMPLAINTS! Yes, better gas mileage would help, but not a deal breaker. Our vehicle had 9K miles when we bought it and it is an '08. Don't let the year discourage you. The '09 - '11 are identical. Great Vehicle for ANY age buyer!

Carries every which way!

by love the cruz and cure from Upstate New YOrk on Tue Feb 07 2012

Replaced my Murano with the Vericruz. I had all the bells on the Murano-fewer on the Vericruz but like it better, It carries many more people and more stuff. The seating configuration allows great flexibility-becaue seats fold down easily and you can even fold down the left side and seat people on the right in the 2nd and 3rd row. Back (3rd)row can seat adults. Love the quietness of the engine. I have had it running and it is so quiet at idle you can't tell if it is on or off. Gas mileage is about what I got with the Murano-22 highest for highway driving steadily.In town is about 17/18. I got mine used one year ago and am now at 50,000. It has a good ride-lots of useful features that are not obvious immediately but that you will appreciate having. The funky blue mood light is quirky but the car is a great deal and I suppose a secret because they are really hard to find but worth it when you do .I had to hunt one down! Car is used to commute long distances and to haul kids and sporting equipment.

reliable used suv

by frosty from Florida on Wed May 11 2011

several years back, I began to look at this companie's product line. being an aging car enthusiast who has owned several high end luxury automobiles and more than twenty-five new and used auto's during my fifty years of driving, I believe the recent line of vehicles from this manufacturer to be among the best in the world. So, I purchased their new Hyundai Genesis two and a half years ago and what a good move. then came the time to replace my 2004 Ford F150 Lariat. I begun to look at vehicles such as the honda pilot, toyota highlander and value for $. The vera cruz came out on top on almost every issue. This is undoubtably one of the best vehicles i have owned. Though, I purchased this vehicle pre-owned, I highly reccomend this vehicle to friends and I will probably buy another

Just purchased used 2009 with 90k

by Andy from Salt Lake City UT on Wed Apr 23 2014

My wife and I just purchased a Veracruz and while the miles are high, the car was in exceptional condition. There was one exception as one of the rear wheel bearings was going out, but we negotiated that into the deal. Otherwise, we love the vehicle and especially all the features that you would not find on a brand new Highlander. Time will tell on reliability though...

Great Value!

by KKaye16 from Bentonville, AR on Wed Jun 03 2009

Owned a Honda Odyssey that believe it or not broke down on me CONSTANTLY! Loved the look of the Vera Cruz and the price. Was skeptical at first but loved that it had a 3rd row seat and rear DVD player for long trips. Had a small problem with a fuel sensor but it was a minor repair. Other than that, it drives great but could use a little more room in the back when the 3rd row seat is up. I guess thats the sacrifice you make when you give up a minivan but at least now, I look somewhat cooler when I drive the kids around :)

Nice ride

by family driver from Northern Michigan on Sun Mar 16 2008

Bought it on a whim, it is our second Hyundia and we love it. Handles great in all weather. Quiet ride, great looks and well priced for all that you get. If your looking to upgrade to a luxury vehicle, but don't want to spend a fortune, check one out.

Very good car and great value

by HyundaiGenesis from Ocean NJ on Tue Aug 27 2019

Best car in its class. Bought in 2008. This review is from 2019. Surprised Hyundai stopped making this car. 7 passenger and still room for luggage. Those back seats fit real people. Not dolls. Engine is a little wimpy and it does not handle like a porche but for less than 20K. Thats what we paid new it is more than enough. I hear Genesis may make its own car. However I think the Kia and Hyundai will have bigger vehicles first. Our next vehicle is likely the Sante Fe. Seats 6 and gets better gas mileage. Oh and I own a genesis. What can I say I like 10 year 100K warranty

Cheap, reliable three row SUV

by ifrt431 from Houston, TX on Sat Jan 05 2019

Bought it for $13k, major parts never gave us trouble. Some auxiliary parts like power lift gate had issues. Handling was ok. Ride was good, but had suspension noise like reported when new by a major magazine. It seemed to drink the fuel. It felt small for how much space it had. DVD player was nice for the kids.

Great value

by retired from South Carolina on Fri Jul 25 2008

Got my limited 2wd in December 2007. Now have 13,000 miles. Great car. Overall MPG at 21.5 have gotten 25 MPG on highway.

Nice Vera Cruz

by MikeReed from King George on Sun Jul 28 2019

This vehicle is perfect for a small family. Small in size but with enough interior space to seat 7 comfortably. V6 engine is perfect for highway speeds and smooth ride. The cargo space is tiny but a luggage rack upgrade would make it perfect.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2008 Hyundai Veracruz

Editor’s note: This review was written in April 2007 about the SE FWD and Limited FWD versions of the 2007 Hyundai Veracruz. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The number of three-row crossover SUVs has grown dramatically over the past few months, with new models like the Mazda CX-9 and Saturn Outlook offering alternatives to the traditional SUV. Hyundai’s new seven-seat Veracruz is the latest to join the category, and on the whole it matches up well against the competition with its smooth ride, quiet cabin and interior quality, making it a must-drive for... Read More