Read or write a review.

2005 Hyundai Xg 350

2005 Hyundai XG350

4.4
Average based on 8 reviews

Upscale car not at Upscale pricing.

by from Connecticut on October 9, 2007

My wife and I sat in in the XG300 when they first came out and we were very impressed with the car. Though we initially purchased a 2002 Buick LeSabre and really liked that car, at 59,000 miles some little things were going wrong. We were initialy looking at replacing the Buick for something that cost less per month with at least the same amount of features. We were not even planning on purchasing at the time we did. This car was not our my "list". This car impressed us so much and the price was so good it met our requirements and it has MORE features than the LeSabre did. That was a year and half ago. No problems at all. We call the car Junior because it looks like a small Lincoln or Small Infniti. I rated the handling as a "3" because this is Luxury Car, not a sports sedan, it handles well for its market. Most people do not even know it is a Hyundai. Using parking garage in NYC, we get compliments from the attendants all the time. "Nice Car", "Looks and feels like Jaguar inside" "Feels like a Lincoln, but nicer" , my favorite is "This is a Hynundai?!" Comfortable, good gas mileage. On recent long trip, I found it's optimum cruising speed (67MPH) and it returned 31MPG on the highway, consistently. The interior controls and layout are very easy to understand and use. The memory seats are a plus! The sound system is very good. And the wood grain is better than some more expensive cars. Over all a vey impressive automobile. I would reccomend this car to any one who is looking for entry level Luxury car and not the price of the others!

First Hyundai I've owned

by from Phoenix on December 29, 2006

More concerned with value than prestige, I was overly impressed with the XG350L when I drove one as a rental car while visiting Salt Lake City. If I had not rented this particular model of car I wouldn't have even known it existed. I certainly was unaware that Hyundai made a car of this caliber. This year I was in the market for a new(er) car and found my 2005 XG350L listed at one of the local Phoenix dealerships. With only 15K miles I snapped it up. I took it into the local Hyundai dealership for a "lookover" and to check an engine light which had been lit. A pretty common problem I understand with many new cars as the gas cap was not sealed tight enough. A magnetic cupholder which had lost its magnetism was replaced without charge, and a thorough once over by the Hyundai service department left me feeling very confident in my purchase. (I was also informed to never overfill the gas tank and to not continue to fill once the automatic click of the gas pump handle stops the flow. It could lead to a very costly repair. Another common problem is a an airbag light that goes off. Even a bottle rolling under the driver's seat could disconnect the sensor. My service people were very imformative.) If you've never driven one of these cars I would highly recommend renting one for a few days. You'll be sold! The L model comes with leather and an electric moonroof along with ABS brakes, side impact air bags and host of extras including multi-CD player located in the trunk. (You could have breakfast in the trunk, it's big) I love this car!

vic300

by from nj on September 9, 2010

outstanding value. That is just what i mean. Just look at the individual ratings. 5 o5 5 stars. That is to be taken seriously.Has almost 200, 000 miles and still going strong. Is that 83 words yet.

Nice change

by from Connecticut on January 10, 2012

Smooth and comfortable ride. All the bells and whistles. The rear view mirror with it's chromatic plating leaves much to be desired. I get more road noise than I expected. This is NOT an economy car. Averaging around 22 mpg. But after years of driving smaller cars this is a nice change. The 3.5 liter engine gives you all the power you need. The exterior design has a European feel to it. And the interior is nicely laid out. Very comfortable. Leather seats. Well worth the money I paid.

SALES

by from Honolulu, HI on May 29, 2006

This is the perfect size car, with the best value considering all features and benefits ranging from the all leather, sunroof, woodgrain, power seats, etc. I've had Bank Presidents, teenagers, and senior citizens who have ridden in the car and were very impressed with it's style and comfort. The service is also excellent! A Hyundai believer!

nice car

by from on May 28, 2010

must see this is best for price! have driven many, many vehicles of all sizes and shapes, this one is supreme! i'm an older guy with much experience.

worst car mechanically ive owned

by from florida on March 31, 2007

the car is very comfortable driving it,the interior is roomy and alot of features i like the heated seats and side mirrors go down when going in reverse and the memory seats.mechanically though we have had nothing but problems. it has pulled to the right since purchased new in nov. 2005. took about 6 or 7 repair attempts by dealer repair shop the division rep was called and said to replace rack and pinion.which then pretty much fixed it after 1 1/2 years,jan 07.the steering has a shake to it and slower speeds and the transmission is very sluggish occasionally,i was a 4-way stop once and car wouldnt go then decided to lunge forward luckily noone was in front of me.

KMS

by from Citrus Heights,CA on December 18, 2009

Gas milage is not as indicated, 12 miles-in town amd 18 miles freeway. And no one wants to own their misrepresentation

Similar Models