2006 FX35

2006 INFINITI FX35

2006 INFINITI FX35

4.3

Have You Driven the 2006 INFINITI FX35?

Good Vehicle, with some drawbacks

by Maz1026 from St. Paul, MN on Mon Sep 10 2012

I purshcased this vehicle about 1 1/2 years ago used from a dealership. I did a ton of research on it before I bought it so I knew basically what I was getting into in terms of pros and cons. One thing I did not find a lot of information on was winter driving and I live in Minnesota so that was important to me. This car is not very good in the snow. Granted I have the Sport edition so I have the 20 inch wheels, but the cars is very slippy in the snow when starting and turning. When you put it in snow mode it is a lot better when starting, however the car is still very easy to have drift on you when turning. I was dissapointed with this since it is an AWD vehicle. The other major problem that I had was that at 80,000 miles, my AWD went out and needed to be completely replaced. The dealership and my local mechanic said this was the first time they have ever seen this happen on an FX so I guess I just got really lucky.....but still, the dealership wanted $2,500 to replace with a new AWD transfer case but I ended up getting a used one with a lifetime warranty installed for $800 at my locall shop. The problem was that neither place could ever find the root cause of why it happened in the first place which is pretty dissapointing. This vehicle is a ton of fun to drive, has not so good gas mileage, and a very stiff suspension. I owened a Lexus before it and I would gladly trade this one in for another RX300 because I feel that the Lexus is a better vehicle overall, although not as fun to drive. Overall, the trade off on reliability, comfort, winter handling and gas mileage are not worth it though.

Replacement for my Touareg... So glad I did!

by German Japanese Convert from Watertown Massachusetts on Sat Jul 05 2014

I was married to German cars for a long time... love the engineering but after four years in my Touareg and literally living at the dealership for every little thing, I needed a break. I've owned my FX for six years and am the second owner. I have had absolutely no problems except there was a common problem where some dashes got bubbles but it was a recall item and Infiniti replaced mine with no problem. The car is great in the snow and is not high off the ground like other SUV's. The hands free phone is great and the NAV is reliable. It would be better, however, if it were touch screen. I like the intelligent cruise control. Some find it annoying but it can be turned off. I would highly recommend this car new or used (although I'm not as crazy about the new ones)

love it

by infiniti lover from La,CA on Tue Jun 07 2011

i've been wanting this car since 07. I finally got 1 this yr and i love it. It rides smooth and it drives light. I like the fact that it drives like a car but sits high. Its also easy to wash lol

Fabulous

by sports car from Atlanta, GA on Fri Feb 26 2010

I love my new car!!!!! I had my pervasively car for 10 years and was ready to upgrade in a major way. I have to say "boy did I". Cars.com help me find the best price in town without having to go dealership to dealership, save time and gas. The only thing I do have to say is Cars.com need to improve on updating their site when a car is sold it being that cars on the site are sold so quickly. The dealership I did end up going to were very customer service friendly and help me and my husband in the best way possible. I couldn't have asked for a better car and salesman. Thanks Cars.com

Wanted to own one, whenever i saw it on the roads.

by Sheva from Durham, NC on Mon Mar 19 2007

Like the body style, the rid and its comfort. I liked it when i first saw it on the road. I fall in love with it when i test drive it. A few months later purchased a new 2006 SL Model.

Very nice

by JoJo Dancer from Manassas, Va on Fri Dec 08 2017

clean, runs great. Would have bought, however my lender wouldn't finance a vehicle of that age. Real bummer

Test Drive

by jorgumundr from beaverton, OR on Tue Mar 27 2012

My test drive of this Infinity FX 35 had a MUCH more stiff suspension that other FX 35's and 45's that I had test drove. I also had an issue with its performance compared to others I had test drove. It seems excessively firm, and gutless of the one I drove specifically. I did however test drove an FX45 and FX 35 at another dealership and they had much more perfomance and comfort. I did however find out later the one I test drove had Eibach suspension upgrades, among other aftermarket performance installations. I am still extremely impressed with the FX35 and FX45 series, and would definitely get one...I just had to drive one where someone had started to "upgrade" performance on it... I have a Chevy van 2500 EXPRESS (3.5L V6 3/4 Ton) that out accellerated the FX35 I test drove...The others FX series I test drove was not the case. Extremely enjoyable like mixing a corvette with a subaru. I would highly recommend test driving other FX series similar to one you are looking at before making a decision.

Most fun I ever had

by Saleem Saudi from Eastern Proviance, Saudi Arabia on Tue Oct 17 2006

this is my fathers car but he handed it to me four month back, I am so not looking for having to return it in two months time. the back seat entrance and space is problematic specially with a child's seat. but man does this car love to turn and twist, there is a two Kilometer street with three roundabouts here that I love to drive past 100km on its turns, It feels sure footed and moves in one piece, for half the price of the porsche. I am getting 18 liters per 100 km of consumption but hey in saudi arabia we pay 10 cents/L. we have 4x4 fx 35.

nice handling suv

by msr from new york, ny on Mon Nov 13 2006

great looking and great handle but averges 14mpg so for me it doest worth it unless gas isnt a problem

Does not recommend this car!!

not recommendable

by M$R LeV from queens new york on Tue Oct 10 2006

the car isnt a car for a every day driver it eats well averges 16 mpg on the highway and 12 in the citi if i get lucky i dont like the car its a piace a junk

Does not recommend this car!!