2009 G37

2009 INFINITI G37

2009 INFINITI G37

Have You Driven the 2009 INFINITI G37?

Great can!

by My Own G37xS from Kentucky on Mon Aug 27 2012

I absolutely love this car. I use to own a Volvo and thought I would be in the Volvo family for life, that was until I get drove my Infiniti and fell in love with it. If I had to find something to complain about it would be that the miles per gallon can be pretty bad if you drive 95% in the city like I do. I get on average 14 miles per gallon city, but a surprising 27 on the highway (with a fully loaded can averaging 75mph) Overall I couldn't be happier with my car!

Fantastic car

by rapid roy from Sacramento,CA. on Mon Jan 09 2012

I have driven front wheel drive cars for years and have forgotten how great a good rear wheel drive car handles. The G37 corners on par with some sports cars. While the engineers did a nice job of engineering in a very nice growl from both the engine and the exhaust during acceleration, once up to speed the car is whisper quiet. I have never detected any wind noise. Regarding build quality, driving this car is like driving a bank vault - it is that solid. No squeaks or rattles whatsoever. Acceleration is very strong. I was worried about what the gas mileage would be like, having read the car can be very thirsty. Driven moderately, and using cruise control set at 70, I got as high as 29.1 on my first trip from Portland, Oregon to Sacramento, and that included the stop lights and traffic through town getting to the freeway. Going over the mountains, it never dipped below 27.1 mpg - great mileage. I just finished up my third tank, and city/freeway combined was 26.1 - very surprised by the engine's efficiency. Interior space up front is fantastic for two. There is a lot of seat travel and if you move the front seats up enough there is sufficient room in the back seat. The trunk is somewhat small, but doable. In summary, you will not be disappointed with this car!

G37S - retractable Hardtop

by VT/DFW from Dallas, TX on Fri Mar 26 2010

One of the sexiest looking cars on the road. It has all of the muscle that the American automakers are going after but, haven't been able to achieve the interior styling this has. I am more impress with the handling of the G37s coupe vs the convertiable because it is not as heavy and it is a lot more responsive in curves. If you are just cruising around and want the air through your hair the retractable hardtop is awesome... Just don't pack a suitcase. It won't fit with the top down.

should be in a museum

by njdean from New Jersey on Tue May 29 2012

I was looking to buy a G35 coupe as a second car/weekend toy, but when i found my 2009 G37s coupe with 26,000 miles, i could'nt resist. Had a 2006 Mazda3 wagon and i absolutely loved, but that was a car, the G is a work of art. This thing is faaast. Corners flat, has every feature you can ever want and the 7 speed/paddle shifters with synchro rev matching. Sometimes i just turn off the radio just to listen to the burble of the engine. It turns heads everywhere i go, not bad for a four yr. old design. Infinity quite simply just creates works of art. Everybody and their grandmother has a 328i. One last thing, this may be the only car that looks great in any color. Mine is black on black.

Just a Thrill to Drive with the TOP DOWN!!!

by Loving Life from Chicago on Tue May 24 2011

I purchased this car in April 2011 and let me tell you I have NOT regret ed it. I looked at BMW, Audi and Lexus but ultimately decided to go with the Infiniti because of the long term reliability and youthful oriented soul of the G37S convertible. My wife and I absolutely love this car. We love everything from the looks to the power to the impressive handling. I recently took it on a 700 mile road trip and averaged 27 MPG. Not bad for a car with this much power. So far the only negatives for me are the radio (bass is fine but I would like to have more mid-range and treble) and a slightly rough shift when the car is up shifting or down shifting from 1st to 2nd (and vice verse). The seats are ultra supportive (fits like a glove) and little features like the backup camera add a nice luxurious touch to the car. This engine likes to be revved to reach it's sweet spot which can get you into trouble with the posted speed limit. Overall just a gorgeous car that provides exactly what we were looking for during our weekend getaways. Time to get out and live life!

Sports car in a sedan body

by First Infiniti from Clarksville, TN on Mon Feb 20 2012

Great car. I am 6'7" and there is ample room for me. Great features. Drives like a sports car in a sedan package.

Great car for money

by MrMartini from Maryland on Sat Sep 07 2013

Purchased used 2009 G37X Coupe,black with wheat interior, automatic. Interior finish is great, nice rich feeling leather. Engine produces great power at rpm A real bargain for the price. Definitely feel the road. More sport than luxury.

This Car Has It All!

by Cruising in ATL from Atlanta, GA on Mon Sep 02 2013

I have had this car since new in 2009 and it has 62K miles on it. What is there NOT to love about this car? Nothing, that's what. My wife used this as her primary car until she "handed it down" to me about a year ago. It's super fun to drive, has more performance than you would need (most of the time) and did I mention it will beat 90% of the cars out there from the line? :) It's been to the shop twice...once for a radiator hose that was leaking (fixed under warranty) and for the lower driver's seat that had broken down and was causing a "squeak" against the trim. Infiniti replaced the trim piece but a couple months later, the squeak has returned. It's a bit annoying and some people would complain that the bolster shouldn't break down, but I am 6'3" and weigh 230 pounds, so I am not really surprised. But really, this car is awesome. Sure the back seats aren't great and there isn't much room, but it's OK for quick trips out for lunch with friends/co-workers. My mileage in the city averages about 17 MPG, but I do tend to drive it hard and there is lots of stop and go traffic, so this isn't too surprising. If you *think* you might like this car, DO NOT test drive one unless you are READY TO TAKE IT HOME immediately. Best car I have ever owned...no questions asked. Oh yeah, once last "con"..the cupholders are horrible...but if you don't get a 84 oz "Super Gulp", you should be OK.

Fastest Car Owned

by G-MAN from Delaware on Tue May 18 2010

With a 9 year old and 1 year old, I finally traded in my '04 G35 coupe for the new 328 hp G37 sedan. The ride is so much more comfortable, not only because it's a 4 door, but the way it handles rough terrain, potholes etc. Nice pickup especially if you use the auto stick mode. I will admit car rides more smooth if you use auto stick. With the Variable Valve Timing the computer shifting can be sudden. All in all outstanding design and reliabilty.

g37s its a beast

by BadBadger from jacksonville fl on Mon Jun 11 2012

Great car very happy a little louder inside than expected! That is my only complaint. car has good power great interior and good handeling!!!! Buy used saved 10000 dollars

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2009 INFINITI G37

The Infiniti G coupe and sedan are favorites here at Cars.com, in part because they offer performance similar to BMW’s popular 3 Series at a lower price. With the all-new G37 retractable-hardtop convertible, Infiniti continues to stalk the 3 Series, which had already added a retractable-hardtop to its lineup.

In convertible form, the rear-wheel-drive G37 retains the fun-to-drive nature of its closed-roof siblings, making it well positioned to go toe-to-toe with the 335i convertible. This new Infiniti isn’t without some issues, though, including paltry trunk space when the top is down.

In addition to the convertible, we’ve also reviewed the coupe and sedan versions of the G37... Read More