2014 Infiniti Q 50

All Reviews

by from Scottsdale, AZ on March 19, 2015

I recently traded in my G35 Coupe and decided to go with a 39 month lease this time on the Q50 premium. Now I am not sure why all these people are whining about Intouch. The fact that you can even download apps into your console without having to go to the dealership is absolutely a big step forward in the fact that as more apps become available my entertainment will be just how I want it not how they made it. Usually whatever the car has is all you get with no way to customize the applications available. I dont have Nav and yet i STILL get two touch screens which are larger then anything else out right now. This car is a forward thinking example of the future and I absolutely love everything about it. Plus I have a 24 hour concierge that comes with my lease to make dinner reservations, ask the population of Texas, or even what the final score was on today's Seahawks game. For free!!!! Absolutely thrilled with everything they have done with this new addition to the already amazing Infiniti Line!

by from new england on May 12, 2015

Like many others, the car looks sharp and handles well. The technology is were the issues come in....come in a big way. Not sure if the rushed it to get to the market but it cuts out on a regular basis. I believe I have every option possible or close to it). I am on my second Q 50 as the first one's sensor system went of on the NJ Turnpike and they couldn't fix it (good news...no battle on getting a second car...they went out of their way). The second one has had its seat rocker replace twice, mic for phone replaced (sounded like a wind tunnel when on hands free). Replacement parts take an eternity to come in. My prior car was an M35x. Except for regular maintenance, it had ZERO visits to the shop. Again, handles well...looks sharp but technology is miserable.

by from Atlanta, GA on February 6, 2015

I purchased the 2014 Q50 premium. This is my frist Infiniti but not my first luxury sports sedan. The Q50 is very well built and feels quite substantial considering how nimble it is through the corners. The near 330hp 3.7L v6 mated to the 7 speed auto in rear wheel drive configuration is extremely quick and in sport mode is VERY responsive and seems to have plenty of power at all RPMs. As compared to the A4 of the 328i it's significantly quicker and slightly bigger on interior room. The Audi and the BMW have slightly better all around handling, however the Q50 is a little easier for tooling around at low speeds. The cabin noise is a little higher than I would expect from a luxury sedan and the ride is quite firm, but if you're like me and prefer to the feel the road it's a good mid point between ride quality and connection to the road. The car sits low but is comfortable and easy to get in and out of (I'm 6'2" 240). The back seat is surprisingly large for a sporty sedan, and the trunk has more room than most competitors in the category (if you don't get the hybrid). Overall this is probably my favorite all around luxury sedan I've owned, it comes near the top in all categories, even if it's not quite the driving experience of the BMW 3 series, it's more than capable of making your daily commute quite a bit of fun, and on a slightly more reasonable 5 year cost to own.

by from Allentown, PA on September 9, 2013

Infiniti has done it again in creating another great car. The Q50 Sport AWD that I purchased is a great car to drive and is a big improvement over the G model, which I also loved, but the Q50 really kicks it up several notches in ride, handling, looks, and tech features. The dual touchscreen is smartly designed and very user friendly. It is like having 2 Ipads in your car, they are that easy to use. The standard features of the car are numerous and you can set up your favorite features to link to your key fob so that your car knows it is you behind the wheel and auto syncs your favorite set up for climate, driving mode, audio, etc. The 14 speaker Bose audio system sounds fantastic, a big improvement over the previous G model by Infiniti. The navigation system is a nice feature although the voice recognition system can sometimes be a bit frustrating as you need to always speak clearly toward the microphone. I find it worse for when you want the recogition to find a song or artist on your ipod. So some improvement is needed in that area but at least the touchscreen system is easy to use and find your songs and artists and navigation settings. This car is FAST! It is fun to drive and I look forward to my daily commute to work. Gas mileage can be ok if you use the ECO mode, I am averaging about 22 mpg (I got about 26 hwy and 19 city) but honestly, this car is so fast and fun you just wanna gun it, so I average about 19/20 mpg overall with my daily work commute when I keep it in sport driving mode to take full advantage of the 0 to 60 in about 5.2 seconds. Inside styling is top notch with stitched leather seating, soft surfaces, a great looking center display set up, and easy to read gauges and screens. Seats are extremely comfortable and I love in my sport model that there are thigh extensions on the front seats which makes a world of difference for overall comfort in any car. This is such a great car in looks and styling and all the tech features offered that I highly recommend it if you are looking in the sport sedan market.

by from Houston, TX on July 10, 2014

The Q50 has the potential to be a terrific choice in the rear-wheel-drive sport sedan segment. The handling of the "S" model in particular is pretty good for a sport-tuned vehicle, with great cornering and a flat ride that?s not too stiff. With the standard steering system and not the Direct Adaptive Steering, aka ?steer-by-wire? (more to come on that), the steering is precise and has a nice weighted feel to it. If you were to buy a base model or ?S? model without any option packages, then I think you will be a happy owner and consider this as a 5-star car. It?s the extra features that ruin the Q50. If you read most negative reviews of the Q50, you will notice the great majority of them complain about the Q50?s tech features like the Direct Adaptive Steering (DAS) system or the InTouch infotainment system. Those reviews are right on. Both systems have flaws and it is obvious Infiniti should not have put in a production vehicle quite yet. I?m not going to elaborate too much on the issues since others have already said them, and I can confirm that I experience the same issues as others have written about. Unfortunately, InTouch is standard on all Q50 cars, so even the base Q50 model comes plagued with issues in regards to the audio system or climate controls. Also, Infiniti has structured their option packages in such a way that to get some simple options like memory seats or a fold-down seatback, you HAVE to also get DAS. One other negative that I haven?t seen mentioned is the trunk space. Again, Infiniti poorly designed the trunk that the spare tire (an extra option) takes up a significant amount of the trunk?s depth. As a result, the trunk is very shallow and can barely fit large items like a large suitcase. I?m fortunate that I leased my 2014 Q50 and am already looking forward to returning it next year. If Infiniti can make the DAS a truly optional feature (and not tied into any option packages), plus resolve the issues with InTouch and make it stable then I would consider leasing another Q50. Otherwise, I will be moving to a different brand.

by from Baton Rouge, La on July 1, 2014

Have had this vehicle for 6 months and continue to have issues with the intouch system. Have brought it back to the dealer twice and I am now convinced that they have no clue as what to do to resolve the issues. Called Infiniti consumer hot line and that was a complete joke. If the intouch worked properly it would be a great car, but it doesn't!

by from Monmouth Junction on May 4, 2017

This Infiniti is quick, looks very luxurious, feels smooth especially when driving fast, music volume goes up when speeding so it reduces the noise and the best part about this car is that it is AWD and can drive in the snow like a Beast !

by from Carol1996 on October 6, 2017

I absolutely love this car! The push start, two screens one for maps one for radio and other things. It?s so easy to drive and the comfortabilty in the car is awesome!

by from New Jersey on March 27, 2014

I have the Infinit Q50S Hybrid AWD fully loaded. If you are buying this car a few things you need to know. After driving it for a week, the handling on the car is ok, I usually drive without the safety shield (the lane departure, auto braking, etc.) as I am not used to the car braking and steering for me. Infiniti has put a lot of tech into this car but a few quirks that need to be worked out. The braking is very hard, because of the regenerative braking the car jerks a lot when you are coming to a stop. I have not had an issue with the DAS. It doesn't really bother me, but some people hate it. The acceleration is quick but it takes a few seconds to accelerate. We used to own a lexus hybrid and the acceleration was instant with the electric motor. Infiniti has not perfected this yet, and when you floor it the car hesitates and then takes off like a rocket. The infiniti touch screen is nice but it takes a moment when you are using it. The software is not as seamless as your iPhone. The menu system is a bit annoying. It takes 3-5 sub menus to save an address in your address book. The rated combined mpg is 30 but I am getting closer to 20mpg. I expected to get less than the 30mpg rated but I thought I would get around 25, not 20mpg. Overall its a nice car, we bought it because you won't find another hybrid sport awd sedan. It looks great with the 19in rims, the sound system is nice and its a very smooth ride. The back seat is roomy for a smaller sedan, plus the trunk space is big enough to fit our stroller even with the battery in the trunk.

by from Northern New Jersey on March 13, 2014

I agree with much of what I have read posted here. I had a G 35X, G 37X and now the Q50 AWD. The software issues are a fiasco. Infiniti should be embarrassed. I even understand from an trusted source that they have told dealers that they have no fix and don't know when they will. The car does look great and has plenty of balls. However, the drive is not as engaging as the Gs...feels light.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Infiniti Q 50