2014 Q50

2014 INFINITI Q50

2014 INFINITI Q50

4.4

Have you driven the 2014 INFINITI Q50?

Hottest Infiniti Ever!

by Infiniti Loyalist from Scottsdale, AZ on Thu Mar 19 2015

I recently traded in my G35 Coupe and decided to go with a 39 month lease this time on the Q50 premium. Now I am not sure why all these people are whining about Intouch. The fact that you can even download apps into your console without having to go to the dealership is absolutely a big step forward in the fact that as more apps become available my entertainment will be just how I want it not how they made it. Usually whatever the car has is all you get with no way to customize the applications available. I dont have Nav and yet i STILL get two touch screens which are larger then anything else out right now. This car is a forward thinking example of the future and I absolutely love everything about it. Plus I have a 24 hour concierge that comes with my lease to make dinner reservations, ask the population of Texas, or even what the final score was on today's Seahawks game. For free!!!! Absolutely thrilled with everything they have done with this new addition to the already amazing Infiniti Line!

Beware of the technology

by Multi inifiniti owner from new england on Tue May 12 2015

Like many others, the car looks sharp and handles well. The technology is were the issues come in....come in a big way. Not sure if the rushed it to get to the market but it cuts out on a regular basis. I believe I have every option possible or close to it). I am on my second Q 50 as the first one's sensor system went of on the NJ Turnpike and they couldn't fix it (good news...no battle on getting a second car...they went out of their way). The second one has had its seat rocker replace twice, mic for phone replaced (sounded like a wind tunnel when on hands free). Replacement parts take an eternity to come in. My prior car was an M35x. Except for regular maintenance, it had ZERO visits to the shop. Again, handles well...looks sharp but technology is miserable.

Best Infiniti to date

by Happy Buyer from Allentown, PA on Mon Sep 09 2013

Infiniti has done it again in creating another great car. The Q50 Sport AWD that I purchased is a great car to drive and is a big improvement over the G model, which I also loved, but the Q50 really kicks it up several notches in ride, handling, looks, and tech features. The dual touchscreen is smartly designed and very user friendly. It is like having 2 Ipads in your car, they are that easy to use. The standard features of the car are numerous and you can set up your favorite features to link to your key fob so that your car knows it is you behind the wheel and auto syncs your favorite set up for climate, driving mode, audio, etc. The 14 speaker Bose audio system sounds fantastic, a big improvement over the previous G model by Infiniti. The navigation system is a nice feature although the voice recognition system can sometimes be a bit frustrating as you need to always speak clearly toward the microphone. I find it worse for when you want the recogition to find a song or artist on your ipod. So some improvement is needed in that area but at least the touchscreen system is easy to use and find your songs and artists and navigation settings. This car is FAST! It is fun to drive and I look forward to my daily commute to work. Gas mileage can be ok if you use the ECO mode, I am averaging about 22 mpg (I got about 26 hwy and 19 city) but honestly, this car is so fast and fun you just wanna gun it, so I average about 19/20 mpg overall with my daily work commute when I keep it in sport driving mode to take full advantage of the 0 to 60 in about 5.2 seconds. Inside styling is top notch with stitched leather seating, soft surfaces, a great looking center display set up, and easy to read gauges and screens. Seats are extremely comfortable and I love in my sport model that there are thigh extensions on the front seats which makes a world of difference for overall comfort in any car. This is such a great car in looks and styling and all the tech features offered that I highly recommend it if you are looking in the sport sedan market.

Could be a Great Car, but Extras Ruin It

by db26 from Houston, TX on Thu Jul 10 2014

The Q50 has the potential to be a terrific choice in the rear-wheel-drive sport sedan segment. The handling of the "S" model in particular is pretty good for a sport-tuned vehicle, with great cornering and a flat ride that?s not too stiff. With the standard steering system and not the Direct Adaptive Steering, aka ?steer-by-wire? (more to come on that), the steering is precise and has a nice weighted feel to it. If you were to buy a base model or ?S? model without any option packages, then I think you will be a happy owner and consider this as a 5-star car. It?s the extra features that ruin the Q50. If you read most negative reviews of the Q50, you will notice the great majority of them complain about the Q50?s tech features like the Direct Adaptive Steering (DAS) system or the InTouch infotainment system. Those reviews are right on. Both systems have flaws and it is obvious Infiniti should not have put in a production vehicle quite yet. I?m not going to elaborate too much on the issues since others have already said them, and I can confirm that I experience the same issues as others have written about. Unfortunately, InTouch is standard on all Q50 cars, so even the base Q50 model comes plagued with issues in regards to the audio system or climate controls. Also, Infiniti has structured their option packages in such a way that to get some simple options like memory seats or a fold-down seatback, you HAVE to also get DAS. One other negative that I haven?t seen mentioned is the trunk space. Again, Infiniti poorly designed the trunk that the spare tire (an extra option) takes up a significant amount of the trunk?s depth. As a result, the trunk is very shallow and can barely fit large items like a large suitcase. I?m fortunate that I leased my 2014 Q50 and am already looking forward to returning it next year. If Infiniti can make the DAS a truly optional feature (and not tied into any option packages), plus resolve the issues with InTouch and make it stable then I would consider leasing another Q50. Otherwise, I will be moving to a different brand.

A Special Sedan

by ZKQ50 from Fairfax, VA on Tue Sep 19 2017

When it comes to tackling a country road, there are a few things you want your car to do. You want it to hug the apexes. You want it to spit you out of the corners. You want to hear a resonant engine note bellow as you weave your way through a meandering road. The Q50 does none of these things, but it doesn't do them very well. Let me try to explain what I mean. When it came time to choose a sub-$30,000 car I was spoiled for choice. There was the Audi S4, the Lexus IS, Nissan Maxima, and the BMW 3-series. Mercedes' C-class wasn't a contender as that was the car I was looking to replace, but it would've been on that shortlist otherwise. None of the cars did everything I needed as I wanted a potent six-cylinder engine, a spacious back seat, and a quality sound system - not to mention I like my cars to look good. The S4 lacked the back seat, the Lexus lacked the power, and everything else didn't tickle my fancy. Then in the back of my mind came the memory of Infiniti coming out with a car that I quite liked the look of - the Q50 Sport. With a different front bumper from the Premium version, and a 3.7 liter engine I thought it would do quite nicely as a contender. The test drive went swimmingly, the Infiniti dealer was lovely, and the car looked ever so good in Venetian Ruby red. So I let my logical brain take over and I bought the car. First day I had it it wouldn't start. Turns out the key-fob battery was bad. Change the battery. Next thing the backup camera didn't work properly. Turns out it needed a system update. Update the system. Then the key-fob started acting up again and I had had it. Three days was the return policy on the car, and in those three days I felt I had enough frustration to last me three months. Livid, I got into the stupid thing to take it back to the dealership - I was fed up. One mile down the road...the steering is pretty nice. Two miles down the road... and the engine really has some umph. Three miles down the road... let me just turn up this stereo one last time. I didn't make it to the fourth mile because I pulled around and went back home. And that is where my Q50 has remained to this day. Not only was I won over despite the quirks and annoying grievances, I leaned into the car and learned to love it. I can overtake and dominate traffic with 328 horses at my disposal at any given moment. I turn heads with the Q's striking lines and elegant shape. The 19" wheels part of the Sport package also give a nice welcome glint as you walk up to your car and enter with keyless access. All in all, my Q and I are simpatico. Yes the back-end can be a bit eager to step out when pushing it to the limits around the bends. And the gas goes in and out pretty quickly. But I love it. I love that it is an executive speed machine with an unrestrained fury that powers all four wheels. Maybe one day I'll be an S4 owner or a Lexus convert, but for the foreseeable future, it's me and my Q50 eating up the highway miles.

Infiniti should be embarrassed

by Sucker from Baton Rouge, La on Tue Jul 01 2014

Have had this vehicle for 6 months and continue to have issues with the intouch system. Have brought it back to the dealer twice and I am now convinced that they have no clue as what to do to resolve the issues. Called Infiniti consumer hot line and that was a complete joke. If the intouch worked properly it would be a great car, but it doesn't!

Best vehicle I?ve owned

by Kyliecarol from Carol1996 on Fri Oct 06 2017

I absolutely love this car! The push start, two screens one for maps one for radio and other things. It?s so easy to drive and the comfortabilty in the car is awesome!

Not bad but needs some work

by Goforit from New Jersey on Thu Mar 27 2014

I have the Infinit Q50S Hybrid AWD fully loaded. If you are buying this car a few things you need to know. After driving it for a week, the handling on the car is ok, I usually drive without the safety shield (the lane departure, auto braking, etc.) as I am not used to the car braking and steering for me. Infiniti has put a lot of tech into this car but a few quirks that need to be worked out. The braking is very hard, because of the regenerative braking the car jerks a lot when you are coming to a stop. I have not had an issue with the DAS. It doesn't really bother me, but some people hate it. The acceleration is quick but it takes a few seconds to accelerate. We used to own a lexus hybrid and the acceleration was instant with the electric motor. Infiniti has not perfected this yet, and when you floor it the car hesitates and then takes off like a rocket. The infiniti touch screen is nice but it takes a moment when you are using it. The software is not as seamless as your iPhone. The menu system is a bit annoying. It takes 3-5 sub menus to save an address in your address book. The rated combined mpg is 30 but I am getting closer to 20mpg. I expected to get less than the 30mpg rated but I thought I would get around 25, not 20mpg. Overall its a nice car, we bought it because you won't find another hybrid sport awd sedan. It looks great with the 19in rims, the sound system is nice and its a very smooth ride. The back seat is roomy for a smaller sedan, plus the trunk space is big enough to fit our stroller even with the battery in the trunk.

Best Looking Car I've Ever Owned

by Louie14 from Monmouth Junction on Thu May 04 2017

This Infiniti is quick, looks very luxurious, feels smooth especially when driving fast, music volume goes up when speeding so it reduces the noise and the best part about this car is that it is AWD and can drive in the snow like a Beast !

Fixing the Bugs

by Nanbo from White Plains NY on Fri Jan 10 2014

I am 6 weeks into my new Q50 Hybrid Sport. On a positive note, good performance, great comfort creatures, fabulous in the snow/ice. So all in all my first 3 weeks were quite positive. Sadly, I'm also beginning the 3rd week of my loaner car while Inifinity tries to find a battery to replace the one that doesn't work. In week 3 I needed two jump starts and took the car in for service. After being promised the car by the next day, and the next day, and as soon as the delivery of parts comes in, I'm now hoping for a battery to be found and delivered sometime next week. Calls to the sales mgr and service mgr are not returned - only the service rep returns calls and he admits he is unfamiliar with the Q50. I don't know if I have a lemon, or just an early model of a car that needs to get things worked out. This is my 5th Infinity, and the first time I'm not a happy Infinity owner.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2014 INFINITI Q50

The 2014 Infiniti Q50 sedan is a fitting successor to the popular G37 it will eventually replace; its boundless power, athletic road manners and elegant interior raise the bar in the class.

Infiniti's compact sedan probably looks familiar, but thanks to a brand-wide nameplate overhaul, you might have trouble putting the face with the name.

Aside from its new place in the Infiniti alphabet, the car wears more fluid styling, gets additional safety features and loses its manual transmission for 2014; a Q50 hybrid sedan is also new this year. Rear-wheel and all-wheel-drive sedans return; coupe and convertible body styles are not yet available, though they will eventually join the... Read More