2010 QX56

2010 INFINITI QX56

2010 INFINITI QX56

4.5

5 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2010 INFINITI QX56?

Love, Love, Love my Infiniti!

by LuvMYCar from Palestine, TX on Sat Jul 03 2010

I've owned other SUVs, but this one is wonderful. I miss not having OnStar, but because of the comfort and handling of my Infiniti, would not go back to GM just for OnStar. This SUV rides smooth and quiet, unlike GM vehicles. Far more cabin space, especially second row, and the auto fold third row seats are wonderful. It also "turns on a dime", safety back-up system is automatic and the Navigation is extremely user friendly. Not crazy about the big front dash, but interior nice otherwise. Also, dealership has sent thank you gifts and seems to really appreciate our business.

The only vehicle for a tall family on-or-off-road

by Tall Driver & Family Needs Spacious Vehicle from Spokane, WA on Fri Mar 27 2015

I'm over 6'7", and my teenage boys 6'2, 6'3", & 6'4" (and still growing). I had to find a vehicle that at the least we all 4 could fit in without our knees being crushed. In 2012 this left 2 (okay 3 sort of) vehicles on the market: a specific configuration of the F-150 Ford pickup, the Nissan Armada, and the 2010 Infiniti QX56. I tried over 80 vehicles before, Cadillac, Ford, GMC, Mercedes, BMW, Hummer, vans, cars, trucks, minivans, sedans, etc. _IF_ I could fit in the front seat (very few with my 39.5" inseam legs), there was only room behind me for a tiny baby. The F-150 was the least expensive (1/2 the price of the Armada or QX56), with far better gas mileage with the ecoboost engine, but was very long (nightmare to think of parking it downtown), and the rear seats did not recline, and I haven't need a pickup truck in many years (I've owned 5). The boys and I go on many road, camping, and outdoor trips, as well as running errands around town daily, and I'm a recreation therapist, so I often take groups of youth on many activities, so seating at least 6 was beneficial. Unlike ALL the other vehicles on the market at the time, Nissan was thinking, and sacrificed cargo space to make the third row actually useable by a human being! Even many of the minivans didn't seem to get this concept. The vehicle is now around 120,000+ miles. As is known for these heavy vehicles it "eats brakes", I regularly have to replace the pads and have the rotors turned, but not more than excepted for such a heavy vehicle. Overall a good all around vehicle. not as sporty as some, and not as workhorse as other, and not as luxurious as yet others, but instead is "good" in all the categories. I have taken it on some very gnarly real wilderness trips, off roading, treacherous back roads, including over roads completely washed out by spring runs, that jeeps were stuck trying to cross, in the Loon Creek Frank Church River or No Return Wilderness of Idaho over 9,000' above sea level, and long road trips between Washington to Tucson, Arizona and back, all in great comfort, each boy having their own row, so none of the "daaaad, he's in my space..." baloney. :) I don't take it for joy-riding hardcore off-roading or "mudding", I use my '86 Bronco for that, but the QX56 can perform off road well when needed, and does very well in the several feet of snow each winter we get. I pull many others out. I have had over 30 vehicles since 1986 (from 1960s muscle cars to 3 Priuses, and everything in between), and this is by far the most useful, comfortable, best all-around vehicle I have ever had. Other than the (expected) horrible gas mileage (11-13 in the city, 16-19 highway), I have nothing to complain about it. I think I will probably drive this until it begins to die, since everything else on the market nowadays, and projected for the future, is just getting smaller and flimsier. I hope folks find this information useful. If you have a tall family, this is one of the few vehicles available, and it meets a broad range of needs admirably.

Very Strong Truck

by QX56 Guy from Bogota, NJ on Thu Feb 01 2018

I have always been a fan of the Infiniti QX56. I like that is has a unique look compared to other large SUV's. It also has lots of luxury appointments in the interior design. It is very comfortable to drive and has plenty of legroom for me who is 6'4''. With the 2 QX56's that I have owned I have never had any major issues besides the usual wear and tear items.

GREAT UNTIL....

by big wizy styles from washington dc on Tue Aug 21 2018

Overall, I got this car with 19k miles on it . it was great. size, power comfort. plenty of bells and whistles. great for the road. but when I got to around 80k miles ..I started having issues. rear seal differential 1500$. the dashboard cluster flashes on and off and needs to be replaced, 1200$. every now and then there is a loud clicking noise coming from somewhere in the car. then around 90k miles took it to both infiniti and Nissan and they could figure out why the service engine light keeps coming on. I'm now approaching 100k and its turned into a money pit so I might sell. up until 80k miles it was awesome. I got another qx56 a 2012 now.

Perfect Lux Truck 4 Family

by struntz from Chicago on Wed Aug 12 2009

I just purchased a 2010 white & tan and love it! Got rid of of Lexus GX470 because of poor space between 2nd row and drivers seats (2 kids in car seats.. way too close)and poor 3rd row design. This truck fits all of us perfectly. I especially love the third row flip up seats and enormous space between drivers seats and 2nd row. Looked at Escalades and all the others and they are all over-priced and have poor 3rd row designs. This truck drives like a tank and I feel very safe having my wife carting around my 2 kids and herself. She was afraid 2 drive at first due to size, but now says its no problem at all. Definately would recommend this truck.

Comfort and Value

by Big Daddy from Chicago, IL on Thu Jul 21 2011

We recently traded in a 2007 Lexus GX470 for a 2010 QX56 as my family and its car pooling requirements had grown. The interior of the QX56 is cavernous, with large comfortable seats in the first and second rows with tons of legroom, and an accessable (and adult usable) third row. We recently took the vehicle on a 1,000 mile road trip, and while we averaged about 16 MPG, the trip was extremely comfortable for the whole family. The technology works extremely well in the vehicle (rear DVD, integration with stereo system, nav, etc.) For the money, you can not beat this vehicle if you are looking for a large 7 passenger SUV. I also like that the vehicle can be put into 2WD, which saves gas versus all-the-time 4WD competitors like Lexus.

Infiniti and Beyond

by Nico from on Wed Jul 29 2009

I wouldn't recommend this to a friend because I don't want them to have the same thing as me. Very few people say the Infiniti Qx is nothing but a Nissan Armada in a Tuxedo, but it isn't. The difference between these vehicles is that the infiniti is a few inches taller and wider, infiniti has more power, bigger front fasia, and different grill. Keep in mind, this beast is big, bigger than an Escalade!!!!! It's beautiful and powerful. Don't go and waste your money on some Escalade, Navigator, or Yukon Denali just because you see these famous rappers with them, the infiniti beat all it's competitors prices. Thank's Infiniti for this wonderful SUV.

Does not recommend this car!!

2010 QX56

by MR1 from BROOKLYN, NY on Sun Aug 26 2012

2010 QX56 IS A BIG, STRONG, POWERFUL, ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE SUV. IF YOU LIKE THINGS BIG THEN THE QX56 IS MADE FOR YOU. I LOVE IT. IT CAN DRINK GAS IF YOU HAVE A HEAVY FOOT BUT THE RIDE IS SO NICE. I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS SUV.

One word...wow!

by dock29 from Tampa, FL on Sat May 03 2014

Just picked this car up and thus far love it! The gas mileage is not so great but again, knew this going into it. Very nicely equipped. Rides very well. Much better than its sister Nissan Armada. Looking forward to taking it on a long trip soon! Beautiful vehicle. Hey...other owners...what are the best tires to get for this vehicle?

BEST Truck I Have Ever Owned

by TheFlyingSikh from Manhattan, NY on Mon Nov 04 2013

First and foremost, these trucks are RARE. Not exotics, but they are not seen on every block on the street like other trucks. The best thing I like about it is it's flexibility. Coming with the most spacious and luxurious interior will make you feel just like home. Long trips, no problem! Also to mention, it's like a flying carpet! The suspension is smooth and the engine is powerful. For the speed demons out there, this engine sounds like a beast! The 5 speed automatic transmission makes the truck very versatile and is ready for anything. Of course it comes with a lot of chrome which makes it even better and turns a lot of heads throughout the city. The best part I like about this truck is the "monstrous" exterior. Even though this is a 2010, it looks better than the newly released 2015 Cadillac Escalade. All in all, if your in a market for a luxurious and spacious truck, you can not overlook this Infiniti QX56!

1 2 3